Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Carl - Stadium Naming Rights

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Carl,

I have been looking through my previous shareholder notes today but couldn't find the notes that explained the renegotiated stadium naming rights and langstone. I remember as part of the deal, £9m was wiped off the debt in exchange for the naming rights and it was stated that if we got less than £9m then it was tough cheese on langstone but if we got more than £9m then it would go to the club. Is this still the same or did it get renegotiated again, i can't remember.

I appreciate discussions are at a delicate stage with our potential chinese friends and don't want any specific details but was curious how any deal could bring millions into the club. Are we possibly talking about a very long term term deal of 10 years plus where the figure could then conceivably be more than £9m, with the carrot of Premier League exposure being dangled.

Without going into details, can you confirm if the £9m figure still stands and what are your general thoughts on any possible deal, and when is it likely to be announced.

Cheers

Moley

Re: FAO Carl - Stadium Naming Rights

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Talks are ongoing and the £9million has now been written down to £5million, but if we were to gain promotion then Langston would get a £5million bonus. But it is one or the other not both, whichever comes first.

With regards to the naming of the stadium, I would imagine that if there is a positive conclusion then the deal would be announced within weeks.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Carl,

Thanks for the quick response.

I thought it had been adjusted but just couldn't remember to what.

Let's hope it goes through and the club can benefit in the short and long term.

Cheers

Moley

ps. If it does go through for more than £5m then it's a bonus for the club. Bloody hell, there's a novelty - a bonus and it's nots being paid to PR. Is this all a dream as I,m afraid I might wake up soon.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:43 am

carlccfc wrote:Talks are ongoing and the £9million has now been written down to £5million, but if we were to gain promotion then Langston would get a £5million bonus. But it is one or the other not both, whichever comes first.

With regards to the naming of the stadium, I would imagine that if there is a positive conclusion then the deal would be announced within weeks.

Do we have someone interested in a "naming the stadium" deal?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 pm

its a ridiculous situation really, the naming rights to the stadium are worth 1m at the most.

Your delusional if u think we would get more than 5m.

i think the jacks sold theirs for about 300k.