Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LATEST NEWS ON CHOPRA

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:24 pm

If hate to see him stay but depends on if we
need to sell and what the money would be used for.

Even when chops isn't scoring his game and worK ethic is top draw.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 am

Does Chopra want to stay with us?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am

I wouldn't like to see Chops go, not to anyone else in championship especially. We need to keep the core of the squad together and Chops is part of that core. If we don't need to sell then put a silly price on him to put him out of the reach of other championship teams.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 am

Surely the player gets a say as too whether he wants to move or not if he's still under contract ?

If thats the case, He won't go anywhere. Im pretty sure of that.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 am

£5m bite your hand off.

He'll score 9 in 12, not score for 4 months, then score another 9 in 12 and do nothing for the rest of the season.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:53 am

Alex wrote:£5m bite your hand off.

He'll score 9 in 12, not score for 4 months, then score another 9 in 12 and do nothing for the rest of the season.

Good point Alex. it was very frustrating when he had his quiet time scoring but he kept his place due to his work rate. I personally think if we had McPhail all season we would have seem Chopra get more goals. I also believe if Whitts played central Chopra would have benefitted from that. What is sad though is that people are not mentioning when Chopra did score look who it was against, Jacks, Wurzels, Chelsea and the PO semi and final.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 am

Note how all/alot of those assists came from Bothroyd and not McPhail, everyone overestimates what he provides when it was just a tonne of balls against Derby. That's not saying he's not a good player.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 pm

i wouldn't sell chopra for 4.5 million ,20 goals a season strikers are few and far between and don't come cheap we would probably have to spend just as much to replace him or spend less and settle for an inferior replacement, chops as got to stay :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Merlin wrote:Surely the player gets a say as too whether he wants to move or not if he's still under contract ? Even if Cardiff accept £5m! Chopra doesn't have to go does he ?

If thats the case, He won't go anywhere. Im pretty sure of that.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Why is everybody moaning about chopra not scoring? jay is a striker do you have a moan about the amount of goals he scores, no! Do you moan about anyone else going for long spells not scoring, no! Chopra works hard and causes problems. You lot are just never happy!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 am

according to the daily mail today jones has reluctently accepted just over 4m for chops and wants to spend the money on a swindon striker Charlie Austin :cry: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ce-4m.html

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 am

I'm indifferent about Chopra. I'd like him to stay because I love his work ethic even when he's not scoring. However, if someone bids £4m with most of it up front, I wouldn't really be too bothered if he left, provided we used the money to spend on replacement players.

As someone said, McCormack still has a job to do here. Yes, he did get a certain amount of penalties, but as Merlin said they need to be converted and a large proportion of these penalties I remember McCormack was going to score anyway. When you look at strikers' goal scoring records you never take into account penalties. Like fat Ronaldo or Van Nistelrooy. They scored loads but also scored loads of penalties... no-one mentions those though.

I think Bothroyd has proved that if he has someone small and quick up top with him that player will score goals! If selling Chopra means we keep Bothroyd, do it!