Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone see this last night?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 am

Around 10pm last night my wife got up quickly and rushed to the window shouting to me to take a look at something approaching in the sky. According to her it was a balloon with a cylinder slung underneath belching flames.
I rushed out into the garden and was amazed to see a huge, white unmarked balloon passing very low over my house and heading West.
Where I expected to see a container or basket underneath all I could see was a raging mass of flames! I thought the thing was about to burn up but it moved away rapidly rising all the time until it just looked like a star completely still in the sky. It finally disappeared behind a cloud. It was completely silent.

Whatever it was, it was very odd. Anyone see anything?

:old:
CAL

Re: Anyone see this last night?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:09 am

Hmmm... strange. No I didn't see anything.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:11 am

sounds like a chinese lantern or santa watching to make sure your being good

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am

caliburn wrote:Around 10pm last night my wife got up quickly and rushed to the window shouting to me to take a look at something approaching in the sky. According to her it was a balloon with a cylinder slung underneath belching flames.
I rushed out into the garden and was amazed to see a huge, white unmarked balloon passing very low over my house and heading West.
Where I expected to see a container or basket underneath all I could see was a raging mass of flames! I thought the thing was about to burn up but it moved away rapidly rising all the time until it just looked like a star completely still in the sky. It finally disappeared behind a cloud. It was completely silent.

CAL

Do you live in cardiff Caliburn?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am

No I didn't see it either, although it sounds like an alien scout ship probably scouring the land before a full scale invasion.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:15 am

It's ok I scared em off with my peashooter and cocktail sticks :lol: :lol: :lol:

riddler`s watching you,were you at the march?

Have you stopped taking the tablets again old boy?

Didn't see anything - what area of the city are you in?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:17 am

hughesygirl wrote:
caliburn wrote:Around 10pm last night my wife got up quickly and rushed to the window shouting to me to take a look at something approaching in the sky. According to her it was a balloon with a cylinder slung underneath belching flames.

CAL

Do you live in cardiff Caliburn?

--------------------------------------------------------------
No. I'm in the Kenfig Hill/Pyle area.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am

davids wrote:Have you stopped taking the tablets again old boy?

Didn't see anything - what area of the city are you in?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Davids,
I live in the Kenfig Hill/Pyle area. I just couldn't believe the mass of flames under the balloon!

CAL

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am

in that case it must have been howard marks

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:No I didn't see it either, although it sounds like an alien scout ship probably scouring the land before a full scale invasion.

--------------------------------------------------
Well Tony,
I never thought you would extract the urine from an old Bluebird. Shame! :D

CAL

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:25 am

Nothing online about it........maybe watch the local news later, let us know if its on your news :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 am

hughesygirl wrote:Nothing online about it........maybe watch the local news later, let us know if its on your news :ayatollah:

------------------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't hold your breath. If I'd had a good camera available someone at the Beeb or ITV might have shown enough interest to do a funny bit about it at the end of the news. The official verdict remains; if you see anything odd in the sky. just laugh because it can't possibly exist.

Take Care
CAL

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:46 am

howard marks was expecting a quarter of bolivian owl distresser,if it wasnt him then that only leaves goldie looking chain on their trusty soapbar again