Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what would you do if you were ledley?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:35 am

£25,000 per week in a piss easy league or

£11,000 per week in hometown with £2000 appearance bonus.

forget the signing on fees for now

Re: what would you do if you were ledley?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am

I would stay and show my loyalties to my hometown

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am

I would sign for either sign for Roma (if offered) or stay with Cardiff until a decent premier club comes in

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 am

£25,000 off Celtic may appear nice on the surface however if he took the money his career would take a backward step playing in an inferior league. I have no objection to him going as football is a short career and let's be fair Ridsdale pissed him about something rotten however in my view he would do far better sitting tight and waiting for a Premier League club to snap him up. If that doesn't happen he can always play for his beloved Cardiff City :ayatollah: and help us into the Premier League because that's where we are heading :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:52 am

celtic hasnt done loovens any favours,he looks a shadow of the player we had,he oozes nerves every time i see him play nowadays

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 am

Wait for either Everton or Stoke to make an offer.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:07 am

If I was him I wouldn't move abroad. The Italians will waste him away, even though he could suit their league with his good link up play. Scotland would be a definite no no. It's become a footballing grave yard!

I know it's cheesy to say but I'd stay with Cardiff because there would be nothing better than playing in the Premiership for Cardiff and the gap in wages would make it worthwhile. He's got to look after himself though. He's done enough for us to earn a move. I wouldn't begrudge him a move away.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am

i wouldn't go to scotland if i were him i'd either stay at city or wait for a premier league club to make an offer.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 am

...but are Roma really interested in him??? :?: :?:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:12 am

I remember reading an article written by Tommy Smith that a mate from Liverpool sent me about Ledley and Gerrard. Tommy Smith was having a rant about how much Benitez was spending on average players from abroad when there were quality players to be bought for a fraction of the price in the Championship and the two players he highlighted were both from our club i.e Gerrard and Ledley. He said Liverpool are forking out fortunes on the likes of Agger when there is an equally good and younger player in Gerrard (he obviously holds him in high regard) who could be bought for a fraction of the price and likewise he questioned why Liverpool paid Roma £20 + million for Aquilani a good player but one who is often injured when they could buy Ledley who in his opinion was equally as good, not injury prone but younger and with more potential for less than a third of what they paid for Aquilani. Maybe people at Roma read this article in which the great Tommy Smith talks about Ledley in such glowing terms.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 am

very over rated 3rd div player at best he is kidding himself

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:20 am

Stay :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Going to Scotland will be the worst decision of his football career. He'll become a forgotten man, and would in no way be able to make his way back to England to play in the Premier League. Stay with us, pick up your pay cheque, enjoy your football and become a City legend.

If he leaves, he's summing up the modern game footballers. Only playing for their money, and don't really care about the club's shirt they pull on. Just another pay day.

If he stays, he'll get legendary status, just like Scott Young, Andy Legg, & Phil Dwyer. He could be our generation of "when I was young, there was a player I used to watch down at the City".

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:31 pm

The way i look at it is, a footballer only has one playing career spanning roughly 17 years. 17-34. It all depends on how ambitious Ledley is. Scotland is the wrong move, but the incentives are regular european football. Italy i think would be a bad move, a few british players have tried to play in italy, and it hasnt worked out for them. Same as most European clubs. The premier league is where you need to be. Its the best league in the world. There is no guarantee that Cardiff will ever make the prem, so what does he do, commit to a club in the championship or move to a prem team, and it all depends on how happy he is living down in Cardiff.

I hope he stays, but lets be honest, he hasnt been the same player since stoke made a move for him a few years back.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Think about myself and get for the Club I feel comfortable with and most ambition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Think about myself and get for the Club I feel comfortable with and most ambition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed,but i did want him to show the passion that we the paying public deserved,bye joe :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: