Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are playing the Malaysian National side!

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

Cardiff City to play friendly with national side on July 17
PETALING JAYA: The FA of Malaysia (FAM) have confirmed a date with English Championship side Cardiff City for a friendly match against the national team on July 17.

The FAM competitions committee chairman, Datuk Che Mat Jusoh, said that they had revised the Super League fixtures, bringing forward the matches scheduled for July 17 to July 6, to accommodate the visitors for a pre-season warm-up match.

The English Division Two club, who just missed out on promotion to the Premier League, will also bring their back-up squad to play against Harimau Muda B (national Under-19) on July 15.

Cardiff were recently bought over by Malaysian tycoon Tan Sri Vincent Tan and businessman Datuk Chan Tien Ghee.

The Bluebirds failed in their bid to move up to the English Premier League after losing 2-3 to Blackpool in the play-off final recently.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

AWESOME MARKETING!!!!!!!

Re: We are playing the Malaysian National side!

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:52 am

Academy going aswell?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:54 am

wonder if CCFC can put togethor any supporters package trips or something for the tour ? :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:32 am

1 hour flight with my pick and shovel :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:40 am

The English Division Two club, who just missed out on promotion

i know what they ment mind

cheeky bastards lol :lol:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

they must see it as a good step in world football terms, to move their super league fixtures for us.

could you see the english FA moving their games to accomodate another (club) side ?