Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Roger Johnson Blues Fan

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:32 am

Birmingham fan in peace. Just like to say a big thank you for Roger Johnson :D :lol: I know a lot of you still seem to like him very much, I've always rated him but never to the heights he has helped us reach this season. A rookie defender in terms of experience yet at 27 he came up against the likes of Drogba and handled him immensely.

Genuinely wanted you to come up (even though a weekend at Blackpool sounds good), its about time a Welsh team came up and I've never been too keen on that other team from South Wales due to past experiences :evil:

Oh and apologies (kind of) with helping the demolition of Ninian Park prematurely by relieving you of a few seats a couple of years ago :lol:

Re: Roger Johnson Birmingham City Fan

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 am

DirtDevil wrote:Birmingham fan in peace. Just like to say a big thank you for Roger Johnson :D :lol: I know a lot of you still seem to like him very much, I've always rated him but never to the heights he has helped us reach this season. A rookie defender in terms of experience yet at 27 he came up against the likes of Drogba and handled him immensely.

Genuinely wanted you to come up (even though a weekend at Blackpool sounds good), its about time a Welsh team came up and I've never been too keen on that other team from South Wales due to past experiences :evil:

Oh and apologies (kind of) with helping the demolition of Ninian Park prematurely by relieving you of a few seats a couple of years ago :lol:

:lol:

Cheers We will be up next Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Roger Johnson Blues Fan

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:31 am

he's a top fella and will play for england once all the old todgers and big usless names stop being picked!

i wish him all the sucess :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am

A lot of players leave Cardiff still in the hearts of the fans and Rog is def one :ayatollah:

Enjoy ya holiday next season :lol: :lol: :lol: watch out for them donkey's!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 am

DirtDevil wrote:Birmingham fan in peace. Just like to say a big thank you for Roger Johnson :D :lol: I know a lot of you still seem to like him very much, I've always rated him but never to the heights he has helped us reach this season. A rookie defender in terms of experience yet at 27 he came up against the likes of Drogba and handled him immensely.

Roger Johnson was a great buy for you and I wish him nothing but good luck with the rest of his career. That said I hope the reports of your interest in Jay Bothroyd and Chris Burke don't come to fruition.

They are 2 quality players and you wouldn't be disappointed if they did move to St. Andrews, but like most Bluebirds I hope they stay put.

BTW I think BCFC is a very good example of the club we should aspire to be.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:39 am

Roger Johnson should be higher in the pecking order than Dawson and Upson but it's because he's at an unfashionable club like Birmingham (no disrespect) that he's not getting the plaudits he deserves. I think as Birmingham establish themselves in the Premiership (which you will) over the next 2-3 years, he'll get noticed.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 am

Zabier wrote:Roger Johnson should be higher in the pecking order than Dawson and Upson but it's because he's at an unfashionable club like Birmingham (no disrespect) that he's not getting the plaudits he deserves. I think as Birmingham establish themselves in the Premiership (which you will) over the next 2-3 years, he'll get noticed.

Yup, exactly in the same boat as Bent at Sunderland.

Because he plays for a club that isn't in the top 6, then they won't get picked in the England team.
Shocking, because these players play against the same opposition as Gerrard, Terry, Heskey and all the other England has beens, and are just good, if not better (this season).