Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tesco is now the official 'England' store ---

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:28 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:Well i'm welsh and living in wales so heres a message from us in Wales ----- FEK OFF TESCO AND FEK OFF ENGLAND!!!!!! Its A.B.E. (Anyone but England) for the world cup and as you have chosen to exclude everyone else in the supposed 'United Kingdom' its A.B.T. for my feking shopping from now on (anywhere but Tesco)!!!!!! :x :evil:

another to the ever expanding list. My local Tesco has not singled England out just advertising the World Cup. I will have a closer look when I pop in there later.

Went past a Corals in Cardiff this morning St George flags in the Window. I will lose a bit of money in SA but none to Corals or any firm that flys the England flag in Wales. Wonder if they do the same in Scotland?

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 am

earnieblue wrote:YEA GOOD LUCK ENGLAND

I accept we are part of the UK and therefore accept that sometimes in Sport like Athletics we are GB and therefore 1 country. However in many other sports Wales, Scotland NI and England stand alone. Therefore they are rivals and I have no reason or inclination to support them cos they are close.

Do Dutch support Germans or Portiguese support Spain or Argies Brazil etc etc etc.

This support of England cos they are neighbours is nonsense in my book.

If the arguement about players nationality was a runner who would Arsenal fans support in SA France, Spain or Holland?

Nah ABE for me and here is to another Glorius failure.

My 3 main reasons are

Media - they still go on about 1966 as if it was yesterday - imagine the media frenzy
Cardiff - We play English opposistion week in week out (and the Jacks and their Union flags). Do you want to be reminded of their WC win every game?
Euros 2014 - Another England failure could lead to a few retirments and Capello fecking orf to be replaced by a no hoper. We got to play em twice we need all the help we can get. A WC victory will giove them additional confidence we dont need them having.

Oh and a 4th - I get great pleasure from the media venting their spleens when they eventually do succumb especially when it is penalties.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 am

I would support England over Somalia ANY DAY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the 2014 World Cup that is what this great U.K. will be between :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shop in Asda anyways :D

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

asda for me too, 2 x 15 slabs of swill for £15 or get this 3 x 15 slabs for £20

know whos getting my money

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Tesco is similar to England mind in the brainwashing stakes ----FEK BOTH OF EM.....I would support ANYONE who plays against the brainwashers.........

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Asda for me anyway :lol:

And they are selling English shit as well

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:15 am

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Asda for me anyway :lol:

And they are selling English shit as well

selling an item of clothing with a st george cross on is not the same as hanging all the formentioned from the rooftops and sticking out of every crevise on a pole, like its coronation day.

i still stick with my original comments

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:23 am

morrissons and farmfoods for us lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:30 am

wonder who Lidl and Aldi will be supporting ? Iceland are obviously waiting for their team to qualify like we are in Wales , last time out tho they left " under a cloud " of controversy :lol: