Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Support my local shop or not?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 pm

My wife brought to my attention that my local Spar in Pontypridd , where i spend a shed load of cash on alcohol and food was displaying a birthday cake with a Swansea City badge covering it! I asked the lady behind the counter why in a predominant Cardiff supporting area they felt this would be a good idea , she replied it was the shop owners decision and nothing to do with her, but there has been a lot of comments on it! My mate called in after the play off game and this Swansea City decorated cake was still on display? She told my mate , she can't see the problem because at the end of the day "we're all Welsh"! i havn't been back and my mate has started a boycott on facebook. I really feel they are taking the piss! or am I over reacting?

Re: Support my local shop or not?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Defo stay away from the shop.....and your mate is right to boycott it too :ayatollah:

Tesco at culverhouse cross have still got a cardiff city cake design on display up there.......no other teams :D :D

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I used to always see braces 'bluebird' rolls in a local spar in Swansea. Always made me laugh :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm

you might catch something

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:26 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Defo stay away from the shop.....and your mate is right to boycott it too :ayatollah:

Tesco at culverhouse cross have still got a cardiff city cake design on display up there.......no other teams :D :D

Cheers hughesygirl. I feel a lot better now and it gives me great pleasure knowing that without the cash i spent on alcoholic refreshments they will probably go bust! :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 pm

launch a brick through the window :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Ben wrote:launch a brick through the window :lol:

thats not a bit tooo harsh then is it Ben :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Defo stay away from the shop.....and your mate is right to boycott it too :ayatollah:

The Tesco boycott has now officially begun in wales as they are the official England store -----twats.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

The Tesco boycott has now officially begun in wales as they are the official England store -----twats.

I dont know why Tesco's in wales or any other shop actually would want to sell England stuff......who the F*** is gonna buy it :?: :?:

I think we should all do a protest outside our local shops then all gang up on places like tesco's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

get over the anti england shite will ya, god you welsh never forget, time to move on eh ;)