Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Annis.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi Annis,

Any confirmation yet from Steve B on the Tax Bill payment after your conversationwith him today, or are you speaking to him later.

Also, I asked him at the EGM if he was going to reconsider becoming chairman and he didn't think so. This is a pity but i totally understand his reasons. Do you know if TG is planning on staying chairman in the long term.

I would now say that I am converted to your board (90%) and only occasionally visit MM mb (10%) as the info provided by you, Carl and Steve Davies is invaluable and virtually always spot on. I tried to introduce myself to you at the EGM and say hi but you were involved in a long conversation with Dave S at the time, so I didn't want to interupt.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Moley

PS. Has anyone mentioned to TG/VT the possibility of putting a small Malaysian flag somewhere on the new shirts or shorts. Just an idea, but it might make them happy and a few of their pals back home. What do you think

Re: FAO Annis.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Havent been able to speak to him yet, waiting for him to contact me today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm

moley wrote:
PS. Has anyone mentioned to TG/VT the possibility of putting a small Malaysian flag somewhere on the new shirts or shorts. Just an idea, but it might make them happy and a few of their pals back home. What do you think

Now there's a good call.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Tony,

That was my thought. It is only a small gesture on our part but it could mean so much to the Malaysians and could lead on to further and better things.

What does everyone else think. Maybe the idea can suggested to TG or SB by Carl or Annis.

Moley

ps If successful, I think I should get a 5% cut on any takings and I can add it to my PR's going away present fund (a one way ticket to Australia!!!!!)

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 pm

they should put a blue dragon over the top of the malaysian flag!

© Copyright! :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 pm

I like the idea, but I'm not sure really, it seems a bit gimmicky.

It could have benefits in Malaysia, but you don't see other foreign owned clubs with flags on their shirts.

It's definitely worth thinking about something like that, but I'd rather just a dragon I think!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi Annis,

Any update on the tax situation available yet.

Also, what are your thoughts about the small flag on the shirts/shorts suggestion.

Cheers

Moley

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

He just said everything was in place to pay it and there are no probs whatsoever :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Annis,

I am not worried about the tax bill situation and firmly believe they will sort it in the right way when the time is right.

I was more interested in following through my idea of a small Malaysian Flag on the shirts or shorts. As I said previously, it is only a small gesture from us but I would imagine the Malaysians would see it as a much bigger gesture. With the pre season tour now apparently confirmed, wouldn't it increase the marketing side of the club and make it easier for the club to sell more merchandise in Malaysia. Therefore, could you or Carl put these points to TG and/or SB for their response:-

1) A small Malaysian flag on the new shirts or shorts.

2) Will the club take somebody from the Marketing Dept on the tour of Malaysia, including a mobile Merchandise shop to try and maximise any sales.

All help appreciated guys.

Cheers

Moley

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 pm

moley wrote:Hi Annis,

I am not worried about the tax bill situation and firmly believe they will sort it in the right way when the time is right.

I was more interested in following through my idea of a small Malaysian Flag on the shirts or shorts. As I said previously, it is only a small gesture from us but I would imagine the Malaysians would see it as a much bigger gesture. With the pre season tour now apparently confirmed, wouldn't it increase the marketing side of the club and make it easier for the club to sell more merchandise in Malaysia. Therefore, could you or Carl put these points to TG and/or SB for their response:-

1) A small Malaysian flag on the new shirts or shorts.

2) Will the club take somebody from the Marketing Dept on the tour of Malaysia, including a mobile Merchandise shop to try and maximise any sales.

All help appreciated guys.

Cheers

Moley

Moley,

The prob is Borley is so tied up now with players Contracts etc, he hasnt enough time in the day and Where as before he would chat for half hour, he chats for less than 10 mins he is so busy, with the mess The Riddler left behind.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Annis,

Fully understand. My mate once told me he was so busy, he was working 48/7 instead of 24/7, because he needed 48 hours in the day to get his job done. I guess Steve must feel like that at the moment. But if we are all patient and give them the necessary backing and support when they need it, I am sure everything will come good in the end. Perhaps my suggestion about the flag can be discussed again when things settle down a bit.

Despite the huge disappointment of Wembley, I am now looking forward to next season more than any other for a long, long time.

Cheers

Moley

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 pm

moley wrote:Annis,

Fully understand. My mate once told me he was so busy, he was working 48/7 instead of 24/7, because he needed 48 hours in the day to get his job done. I guess Steve must feel like that at the moment. But if we are all patient and give them the necessary backing and support when they need it, I am sure everything will come good in the end. Perhaps my suggestion about the flag can be discussed again when things settle down a bit.

Despite the huge disappointment of Wembley, I am now looking forward to next season more than any other for a long, long time.

Cheers

Moley

Def Moley, Its a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: