Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Watching BBC news tonight, a father was complaining that a drunk driver who kileed his son, even though he was 3 times over the limit, was allowed to drive for another 7 months until he was found guilty in Court, actually after a night in the cells, technically if he was under the limit, he could even drive himself home.

Now there was a solicitor saying that it had to be like this or we'd be infringing his human rights, yet if your a football fan and arrested on suspicion, or just soemeones say so, you are automaticaly banned from all football stadiums until your are either proven guilty or found innocent in a Court of law. Now that may take over a twelve months and during that period you have lost use of your season ticket and your human rights to simply watch football.

Then in Court if you are found not guilty as in truth most people charged are and that's a fact,you have no compensation or even refund for your lost season ticket. And that's British Justice " MY ARSE"

I have just phoned the BBC news desk to make my feelings known, perhaps if a few more did, they may be forced to look at things again.

Re: MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm

That sums this country up mate,one rule for one one rule for another,and this human rights shit is getting right out of hand,f*cking beyond a joke.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:16 pm

f*cking disgusting the crminal justice system is pathetic.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Watching BBC news tonight, a father was complaining that a drunk driver who kileed his son, even though he was 3 times over the limit, was allowed to drive for another 7 months until he was found guilty in Court, actually after a night in the cells, technically if he was under the limit, he could even drive himself home.

Now there was a solicitor saying that it had to be like this or we'd be infringing his human rights, yet if your a football fan and arrested on suspicion, or just soemeones say so, you are automaticaly banned from all football stadiums until your are either proven guilty or found innocent in a Court of law. Now that may take over a twelve months and during that period you have lost use of your season ticket and your human rights to simply watch football.

Then in Court if you are found not guilty as in truth most people charged are and that's a fact,you have no compensation or even refund for your lost season ticket. And that's British Justice " MY ARSE"

I have just phoned the BBC news desk to make my feelings known, perhaps if a few more did, they may be forced to look at things again.

I would imagine if someone had enough money and will they could challenge the football bans and win easily under the HRA. That would set a presdence which meant the practise would stop overnight. The problem being no-one cares enough about football fans to do such a thing.