Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE TAX BILL

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:13 pm

is due to be paid when?

payment scheme - or lump sum as mentioned before? (is the tax bill being paid out of the £6m investment)

Has TG and the HMRC been in talks already to sort out the debt?

Can we expect more in the way of transfers news as soon as its paid? Does the Embargo get lifted ONLY once the HMRC have been paid in full ?

cheers.

Re: THE TAX BILL

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 pm

yer the embargo is only lifted when they are paid in full ! so can't sign anyone till then

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:19 pm

So when was the date that we are suppose to settle the debt in full? Has a date been given? wasn't it the 16th June or something, seem to remember that was a date for something! but forgot what? :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Doesn't the transfer window open on the 1st July?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Doesn't the transfer window open on the 1st July?

But players without contracts? free/bosman what ever - they can sign pre contracts any time right?? Im not 100% so could be wrong - but I was only after the supposed date of payment to HMRC?

so i know for real, when the Embargo is gone.... all this transfer talk depresses me when i know we cant do jack shit yet anyway!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Merlin wrote:

But players without contracts? free/bosman what ever - they can sign pre contracts any time right?? Im not 100% so could be wrong - but I was only after the supposed date of payment to HMRC?

so i know for real, when the Embargo is gone.... all this transfer talk depresses me when i know we cant do jack shit yet anyway!

Yes out of contract players/bosman can sign contracts at any time.

However, most player contracts run from 1 July to the 30 June (obviously the year would vary)

So even those who are out of contract (like Ledley) don't actually become free agents until 30 June and then sign officially when the window opens on 1 July.

The tax has to be paid by 16 June so the embargo is really a non-issue as if it's paid (like we all hope it is) then the embargo will be lifted well before the transfer window opens.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Yes out of contract players/bosman can sign contracts at any time.

However, most player contracts run from 1 July to the 30 June (obviously the year would vary)

So even those who are out of contract (like Ledley) don't actually become free agents until 30 June and then sign officially when the window opens on 1 July.

The tax has to be paid by 16 June so the embargo is really a non-issue as if it's paid (like we all hope it is) then the embargo will be lifted well before the transfer window opens.

Cheers Tony.