Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

number one when it mattered?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm

THE INFAMOUS LEEDS SERVICE CREW,
WHEN FOOTBALL VIOLENCE WAS AT ITS HIGHEST ABOUT 1982/85 WERE THEY THE BEST !
WHEN THE CASUAL GEAR WAS BEING WORN AN IT WAS WORN FOR A PURPOSE , TO AVOID DETECTION OF LOCAL GAVVERS!
NO PRETENDERS NO STONE ISLAND WARRIORS NO INTERNET BOFFS NO MOBILES NO POLICE SPOTTERS ,
I LIKE MANY MANY OTHERS LOVED IT , CHOOSING GEAR TO WEAR BOARDING THE INTER CITY GOING IN THERE STAND OR ON THERE END , MET LOAD OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS WHO ARE STILL REAL FRIENDS TO THIS DAY ,, YOU NO WHO YOU ARE!!
IF YOU WERE WITH ME IN THOSE GREAT DAYS PLEASE POST REPLY!!! :P

Re: number one when it mattered?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I was with you again.

Didn't think that much of them at either home game (feb & sep 84). Away (sep 83) they did seem very organised. Wanted to break off and have a straigtener with us.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:24 pm

HELLO MR K......

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Have allways said they were the best days in football,and the music was great,mind you i still blame legend frankie for the way i ended up,but he,l allways be my top man and a gentleman.good days.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I just wish i was in my late teens in the 80's :( :(

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:41 pm

the first time i really noticed the trendies/soulcrew my dad took me in the canton stand 4 a city game 83/84 season (i was 13)and i couldn't take my eyes of the bright pringle jumpers and trackie tops i was fasinated. 2 years later i was invading the pitch in brentford wearing adidas and la coste

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm

I was born to late...I missed the good years :(