Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

would you employ an agent???

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 pm

why the f**k would you want one of these tits.
if i was a footballer i would want all of my wages to myself not give 5-10% of them to one of those blood sucking scum bags.
footballers are so dull, thick as shit. this is the 21st century now. you could speak to football clubs via e-mail or mobile phone.
I remember a few years ago (im not sure if it was brian clough) who said players were thick as shit. he said because they get pampered by their agents and clubs that when they retire from the game and go into the real world , that they simply cant even fill a form out.

Re: would you employ an agent???

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:45 pm

nugent wrote:why the f**k would you want one of these tits.
if i was a footballer i would want all of my wages to myself not give 5-10% of them to one of those blood sucking scum bags.
footballers are so dull, thick as shit. this is the 21st century now. you could speak to football clubs via e-mail or mobile phone.
I remember a few years ago (im not sure if it was brian clough) who said players were thick as shit. he said because they get pampered by their agents and clubs that when they retire from the game and go into the real world , that they simply cant even fill a form out.

I have always wondered the same. But even worse clubs employ agents :?

I remember one deal (I think it was Michael Carrick's transfer from Spurs to Man U) where the agent was paid £1.5m in commission for getting Carrick to sign for United.

I not being funny but Carrick was bloody lucky United wanted him so why the hell did it cost £1.5m to facilitate his move?