Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHILE THE FOOTBALL SEASON IS OVER

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:07 pm

I like to see some good old fashioned debates, once DJ is back then we will be able to talk and debate the real transfers that Cardiff will be signing releasing at the moments most of it is just paper talk.

Politics for now.
Who is for the Welsh Language and Why ?
Should every school in Wales be made to teach Welsh which is what the welsh Assembly have done ?
Are you for the Welsh Assembly ?

Re: WHILE THE FOOTBALL SEASON IS OVER

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Who in cardiff actually speaks welsh because i havent heard anyone speak it for ages and i cant understand why people send there kids to a welsh school.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:16 pm

birchblue wrote:Who in cardiff actually speaks welsh because i havent heard anyone speak it for ages and i cant understand why people send there kids to a welsh school.

I dont speak one word but, there are many who feel strongly for it and I would love to hear different Views.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

It's good to keep the Welsh language as a historic momento, but seeing as the world is dominated by the English language (Australia, UK, USA, Canada etc) i can't see it being anything other than that.

In terms of it being a subject in school, i don't really mind. I was pretty good at it, but i suppose other people would have a stronger opinion on it more than i have.

I feel the Welsh Assembley would be alot more powerful than it is if it had more law making powers.
As far as i know, we're still pretty much ruled by Westminster, and the guys who are there now won't do us any favours.
The more power the Assembley can get, especially under this government, the better.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Dw'in siarad Cymraeg.

Roeddwn i dysgu Cymraeg mewn ysgol.

Hoffwn i weld llawer o pobl siarad Cymraeg oherwydd yn y iaith.

Mae llawer o plant siarad Cymraeg mewn ysgol.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:33 pm

I speak welsh but only utter welsh words in Paki shops to piss them off because thats what they do. Lets all have one universal language and abolish all others :lol: :lol: :lol: While we are at it as per the other thread abolish all religions and abolish money and lets all make love :lol: :lol: :lol: or shagg whatever turns you on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:59 pm

chippy909 wrote:Dw'in siarad Cymraeg.

fi erioed leant Cymraeg namyn ddeisyf Gwnawn. 'm blant ydy yn dysgu rhyw i mewn hysgol a Cara 'i I hefyd atega 'r Cymraeg Chyman a would cara 'i at ca hychwaneg alluoedd.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

fi erioed leant Cymraeg namyn ddeisyf Gwnawn. 'm blant ydy yn dysgu rhyw i mewn hysgol a Cara 'i I hefyd atega 'r Cymraeg Chyman a would cara 'i at ca hychwaneg alluoedd.

You can't say that about Baz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm

chippy909 wrote:

Yes he can - cos it's true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:02 pm

chippy909 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 pm

I can make out a couple of words, doesn't make much sense though :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Owain wrote:

I can make out a couple of words, doesn't make much sense though :lol:

Well it is about Baz so just fill the gaps in with monkey facing ;) :lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:15 pm

When I was at school kids hated Welsh lesson. It was the time we joined the European Common Market and the craze then was to learn French or another European language. Then Welsh took a low priority.

I'm told today that people take it alot more serious and I'm hearing that kids are fluent when their parents dont know a word. If this is true then the schools must be doing a good job. The only Welsh speakers I've known come from a family that speak the language. So to have kids speaking Welsh from families that dont inherit the language is a good sign in my eyes.

Should it be taught in school? My opinion is only for those who want to learn it. If it was our main spoken language then yes it should be taught but sadly it is not. Perhaps in a couple of generations when more people are speaking it then yes it should be taught.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:16 pm

My missus and I have agreed to send our kids to Welsh schools because it's the only way the Welsh language will be preserved. Plus, for me personally, I've missed out on so many quality job opportunities purely because I can't speak Welsh. I want my kids to have that opportunity. :ayatollah: