Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR THOSE SAID I GOT IT WRONG

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:43 pm

About Taiwo being shown the door by DJ, guess what ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html?

By the way it were'nt anyone on here ;)

Re: FOR THOSE SAID I GOT IT WRONG

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

hahaha shows their intent for this coming season signing him

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:47 pm

bit of an odd signing for them but we have have got rid of a lot of players who were not needed and wanted off the wage bill
and none of them had any real effect on last season so some excellent cost cutting

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:bit of an odd signing for them but we have have got rid of a lot of players who were not needed and wanted off the wage bill
and none of them had any real effect on last season so some excellent cost cutting

Feeney, Capaldi, Enckleman, Taiwo, Etuhu - well over £1m, maybe £1.5m, if we were paying a big chunk of Etuhu's wages, off the wage bill.

Add that to the money saved in the boardroom and thats a good start to balancing the books - or use it to strengthen.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:About Taiwo being shown the door by DJ, guess what ?

It was the usual snipers and come on here to run back and snipe on another mb :shock:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It was the usual snipers and come on here to run back and snipe on another mb :shock:

I'll put my hands up to say that I argued on here he was still in contract (well i didnt mention Taiwo, I was on about Gyepes) and technically couldn't be released.

That was right, but it looks like (as Carl later added), that Taiwo, and probably Gyepes have been told they can leave IF they can find another club.

Good news with Taiwo is if Norwich are paying a fee its unlikely we'll end up paying any of his wages (a la Risdale with Fowler etc.. at Leeds).

Gyepes may well have a much meatier contract mind, so it remains to be seen whether he's here in August.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:02 pm

I think you mean Taiwo not Etuhu.....

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think you mean Taiwo not Etuhu.....

Yeah.

I'm losing it :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah.

Fixed for you, I hope!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Owain wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah.

Fixed for you, I hope!

Cheers Owain.

it might make a bit of sense now. :D

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 pm

I can see them struggle next season if thats the type of player they are trying to sign, good luck to him though...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'll put my hands up to say that I argued on here he was still in contract (well i didnt mention Taiwo, I was on about Gyepes) and technically couldn't be released.

That was right, but it looks like (as Carl later added), that Taiwo, and probably Gyepes have been told they can leave IF they can find another club.

Good news with Taiwo is if Norwich are paying a fee its unlikely we'll end up paying any of his wages (a la Risdale with Fowler etc.. at Leeds).

Gyepes may well have a much meatier contract mind, so it remains to be seen whether he's here in August.

Thank you Tim :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:bit of an odd signing for them but we have have got rid of a lot of players who were not needed and wanted off the wage bill

Feeney, Capaldi, Enckleman, Taiwo, Etuhu - well over £1m, maybe £1.5m, if we were paying a big chunk of Etuhu's wages, off the wage bill.

Add that to the money saved in the boardroom and thats a good start to balancing the books - or use it to strengthen.

Yeah great we're chopping out the dead wood, let's get some signings in though,before we start cracking open the asti!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 pm

It's about time you got something wrong! - As you always seem to get it right!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Lets have some news on someone joining please. I can't stop checking for news and its doing me head in. :geek:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 am

forestbluebird02 wrote:Lets have some news on someone joining please. I can't stop checking for news and its doing me head in. :geek:

While DJ is on hols, there will be no def signings till he comes back sadly :cry:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 am

is dj on hols then ?if so when is he back

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:is dj on hols then ?if so when is he back

In about 12 days. but Borley is talking to the current players about their contracts including Ledley.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:35 am

I hope he hasn't gone to Florida & bumps into someone like teddy sheringham :old:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I hope he hasn't gone to Florida & bumps into someone like teddy sheringham :old:

:lol:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 am

didnt you say he was released on a free transfer and not a club buying him. either way, glad he's gone. Not one od DJ's greatest signings.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
forestbluebird02 wrote:Lets have some news on someone joining please. I can't stop checking for news and its doing me head in. :geek:

While DJ is on hols, there will be no def signings till he comes back sadly :cry:

and very frustrating it is too :(

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:

didnt you say he was released on a free transfer and not a club buying him. either way, glad he's gone. Not one od DJ's greatest signings.

I felt sorry for Taiwo. He showed some sparks of quality when he was given some game time and only once looked awful when he was played wide out right which is out of position. I reckon he'll do ok at Norwich but again, we need better players than him.