Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

F.AO. Newport Bluebirds

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 pm

I,m heading up to coronation park ( near transporter bridge) on thursday evening so what's the best way to go around the 5.30 - 6 o'clock mark coming up from cardiff as i know the traffic can be quite bad at that time ?

either come off the M4 at newport central and go down past the newport centre and head straight down or come off the tredegar park turn off and take the southern link road over the new bridge around pill by the docks .thanks in advance

Re: F.AO. Newport Bluebirds

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:00 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:I,m heading up to coronation park ( near transporter bridge) on thursday evening so what's the best way to go around the 5.30 - 6 o'clock mark coming up from cardiff as i know the traffic can be quite bad at that time ?

either come off the M4 at newport central and go down past the newport centre and head straight down or come off the tredegar park turn off and take the southern link road over the new bridge around pill by the docks .thanks in advance

Whichever way you go it can be busy at 5:30/6pm time.

However, I would go the way you said, off at Tredegar Park down the southern link road (avoid Cardiff Road at all costs, busy and full of speed traps) follow the main carriage way and go over the new bridge.

The new bridge is a bit weird, if you want to turn right on the Corporation Road side (which you do) you have to turn off at the little traffic light controlled slip road opposite the old Lysaghts building.

You then turn right at the bottom and join Corporation Road to continue towards Coronation Park.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:08 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:I,m heading up to coronation park ( near transporter bridge) on thursday evening so what's the best way to go around the 5.30 - 6 o'clock mark coming up from cardiff as i know the traffic can be quite bad at that time ?

Mozzer,what you down for,Baseball?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

thanks tony southern road link it is then .

yes abf9 bringing the young un's down for a game of rounders :ayatollah:

you involved in the baseball too ?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:thanks tony southern road link it is then .

yes abf9 bringing the young un's down for a game of rounders :ayatollah:

you involved in the baseball too ?

No but i pop over with the kids and watch now and again