Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

man city away

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:31 pm

ITS 1983/84 SEASON AN 200 PLUS CITY SOUL CREW GET OFF THE MIDDAY ARRIVAL TRAIN AT MANCHESTER PICCADILLY , HARDLY ANY GAVVERS AN WE WALK OUT ONTO MAIN STREET LOOKING FOR PUB OR BETTER STILL , THE "MAINE LINE FIRM" WE FOUND BOTH AN GOT UPPER HAND ! WAS THEN TAKEN TO GROUND ON DOUBLE DECKERS !
CAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD REMEMBER WHAT SEASON IT WAS WHEN AS WE WALKED INTO GROUND THEY WERE SPITTING AT US <BLOODY DISGUSTING> WAS IT SEASON MENTIONED OR WAS IT SEASON LATER ? AN I NO WE LOST FIRST MATCH 2.0 I CANT REMEMBER SECOND MATCH SCORE AT MAINE ROAD..... CAN MR K HELP PLEASE ?

Re: man city away

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm

lost 2-1 to a last minute goal.gordon owen scored for city.great days

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Remember that day, and the long walk back to the station after the game, when the OB wouldn't let us onto the buses they had lined up as they were almost being tipped over by those inside them.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

wasn,t one of them games a 2-2 all draw.

it was around that time that ten of ours on a later train,than the majority.bumped into denton and co,of arsenal.but thats a story all on its own. :?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:13 pm

CORRECT ABOUT DENTON ETC,,,, AN THE c**t TOOK MONEY I BELIEVE ,
DO I KNOW YOU "BY THE RACECOURSE"??

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 pm

ely trendy wrote:ITS 1983/84 SEASON AN 200 PLUS CITY SOUL CREW GET OFF THE MIDDAY ARRIVAL TRAIN AT MANCHESTER PICCADILLY , HARDLY ANY GAVVERS AN WE WALK OUT ONTO MAIN STREET LOOKING FOR PUB OR BETTER STILL , THE "MAINE LINE FIRM" WE FOUND BOTH AN GOT UPPER HAND ! WAS THEN TAKEN TO GROUND ON DOUBLE DECKERS !
CAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD REMEMBER WHAT SEASON IT WAS WHEN AS WE WALKED INTO GROUND THEY WERE SPITTING AT US <BLOODY DISGUSTING> WAS IT SEASON MENTIONED OR WAS IT SEASON LATER ? AN I NO WE LOST FIRST MATCH 2.0 I CANT REMEMBER SECOND MATCH SCORE AT MAINE ROAD..... CAN MR K HELP PLEASE ?

2-1 24/03/84 (they scored 2 in the last 2 mins). You and I had the same dark blue round neck kappa shirt on and light blue polo.

Year later, I was on the later train (the one where we bumped into Denton and his crew - NO, JERKY WAS NOT THERE) - 30/03/85 - 2-2 (dean sanuders played for us)
Busses smashed on way home, first time I ever heared:

In 1927 In the merry month of May
The Cardiff walked to wembley
They walked the Wembley way etc.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 am

Im sure Mick Mccarthy scored their winner in the last minute.

Remember bottom of the away end only had a small fence dividing us from man city,you were also allowed to drink inside ground and when we scored loads of pints got chucked over there boys, great ground maine rd!!!!.