Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER MONEY IS BEING PUT

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 pm

In the Marketing side of Our Club, for 20 years no money has ever been put in to marketing Cardiff City, Sam and The Riddler failed on this dept and previous regimes did, its believed about £100,000 is being put in to marketing our Club next season, so that Cardiff City reaches out to the whole of South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER MONEY IS BEING PUT

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In the Marketing side of Our Club, for 20 years no money has ever been put in to marketing Cardiff City, Sam and The Riddler failed on this dept and previous regimes did, its believed about £100,000 is being put in to marketing our Club next season, so that Cardiff City reaches out to the whole of South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1 simple question but before the Sheff Weds game a guy driving past the stadium in a car asked me who was playing coz he wasnt from the area but if he had known would have come along to watch , he asked why wasnt there a fixture board on Sloper Road saying the next game is .............. like we had outside Ninian !! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm

think the big reason is the people who have run it, same old staff from the 4th div running a championship side, they dont have a clue :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

I also assume there will be marketing in Malaysia too :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:55 pm

A4 fixture list and match day posters for pubs n clubs wouldnt go a miss either plus when did we last see CCFC match and tickets advertised in local press ?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

great news to see new investment in the marketing of our club and also making sure our pitch is looking good for the whole season :ayatollah:

but what about the club shop I think they really need to invest in getting in more stock and having more items to buy to aim at all kind of cardiff city fans and also change the opening times of the shop because a lot of people saying they couldnt use the shop during busy times because it was shut. :o

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm

A lot of money is being put in to new Merchandise for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A lot of money is being put in to new Merchandise for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: good to see the new owners working on the problems that the clubs have struggled to fix for years.

every new day is looking better with the Malaysians in charge :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Thats great news about the marketing & merchandise for the club finally being sorted out

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Any news on which specific areas are being targeted for marketing? And how far will £100,000 go? when this runs out where will the next £100,000 come from?

just questions? if anyone has answers?
thanks.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Who exactly is going to be charge of this marketing budget?

Julian Jenkins or someone similar?? If so, it'll just be thrown away on useless gimmicks and sales promotion tools. It'll be a case of one step forward, two steps back.

The club needs to employ someone with a serious understanding of this side of the business, the opportunities are endless for the club if the right individual is employed.

Let's see just how serious the club are about this, positive news though!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Merlin wrote:Any news on which specific areas are being targeted for marketing? And how far will £100,000 go? when this runs out where will the next £100,000 come from?

thanks.

Surely the idea is for the £100,000 to pay for itself ten times over in the long run??

Properly marketed, the club will attract new fans, will merchandise a lot more stuff, attract new
investment and will become higher profile. Once we get that higher profile, sponsors will come
on board and spend good money on advertising at our club. How about a good deal now that ties
a company in for three seasons, they have that massive carrot of possible Premier football and
millions of viewers next season!!!... come on board now, and get a better deal!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 pm

For marketing purposes, bring back the white and yellow stripe as a City trademark. Just like Ajax's red stripe etc. Future City merchandise will instantly be recognised as CCFC. Currently our merch and the new kit could belong to Peterborough, Ipswich, Everton, Millwall, Leicester the list goes on and on for teams who "share" the same colour combinations. the stripe is unique to us, we should be showing it off as our identity along with a much bigger bluebird instead of "spot the bluebird" on the current kit. We the fans should have more say in the kit design, as ultimately we are the ones who fork out over inflated prices to buy them!! I mean, the numpties who design our kits arent gonna buy them are they?

Although, sometimes I dont care if we play in Bacofoil as long as we win!!!

BRING BACK THE WHITE/YELLOW STRIPE :old:
:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:55 pm

This is fantastic news and a drum i have been banging for a long time, but i share caerphilly boys' fears that if its not done properly then they could just be throwing 100k away. I remember a post a while back on ccmb before the days of aamb about how to market ccfc and sludge and a few others came up with some excellent ideas on how to take cardiff forward in terms of marketing. I remember the dragons went all out marketing a few years ago i'm not sure if gethin jenkins was involved then but i remember it had excellent results. We should definitely be thinking about employing people with previous marketing success to take the club forward. As i've said before, i dont think there is any excuse for the capital city of wales having empty seats in the stadium when we are pushing for the premier league :ayatollah: all the same this brilliant news and i'm so glad we are finally addressing this issue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:51 pm

TBH I think Sam relyed on the free marketing his stunts gave us.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:52 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Merlin wrote:Any news on which specific areas are being targeted for marketing? And how far will £100,000 go? when this runs out where will the next £100,000 come from?

thanks.

Surely the idea is for the £100,000 to pay for itself ten times over in the long run??

Properly marketed, the club will attract new fans, will merchandise a lot more stuff, attract new
investment and will become higher profile. Once we get that higher profile, sponsors will come
on board and spend good money on advertising at our club. How about a good deal now that ties
a company in for three seasons, they have that massive carrot of possible Premier football and
millions of viewers next season!!!... come on board now, and get a better deal!

I totally agree Taffy apple :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm

i would target schools, get the kids interested and maybe just maybe we can stop all the sales of premiership football tops in south wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Annis, shame they didn't listen to anything I had to say. I passed some info onto the Devils and they've used some already. Yes there is a difference in the fan base but it shouldn't matter really.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:For marketing purposes, bring back the white and yellow stripe as a City trademark. Just like Ajax's red stripe etc. Future City merchandise will instantly be recognised as CCFC. Currently our merch and the new kit could belong to Peterborough, Ipswich, Everton, Millwall, Leicester the list goes on and on for teams who "share" the same colour combinations. the stripe is unique to us, we should be showing it off as our identity along with a much bigger bluebird instead of "spot the bluebird" on the current kit. We the fans should have more say in the kit design, as ultimately we are the ones who fork out over inflated prices to buy them!! I mean, the numpties who design our kits arent gonna buy them are they?

Although, sometimes I dont care if we play in Bacofoil as long as we win!!!

BRING BACK THE WHITE/YELLOW STRIPE :old:
:ayatollah:

Agreed also trademark 1927 and use it as another type of logo like the old baseball caps we used to have........

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A lot of money is being put in to new Merchandise for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope they are going to put some money into the on-line sales as well.

I ordered a few things on-line back on 4th May, money taken from my card two days later. Today I receive a call from the club saying the items I had ordered were sold out :evil: What annoys me more than anything is that I received a e-mail from the club advertising the club shop and their sale.

I could've picked the items up on match days after the order was placed so why 4 weeks later have they told me they are sold out, and take my money :evil:
AndyFS

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 pm

So far so good, everything I am hearing is all positive by the Malaysians and the new regime, long may it continue :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In the Marketing side of Our Club, for 20 years no money has ever been put in to marketing Cardiff City, Sam and The Riddler failed on this dept and previous regimes did, its believed about £100,000 is being put in to marketing our Club next season, so that Cardiff City reaches out to the whole of South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

About time to, our marketing at the club is a shambles and desperately needs to improve, hopefully this will help change that. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Hope they sort the catering out its a shambles..

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I can remember when I was about 9 or 10 (back in 1970/71) Cardiff buses used to have adverts on the inside of the buses, and every week without fail there was always a poster showing who City had at home the following Saturday, it was nothing fancy just something along the lines of Football League Division 2 Cardiff City v....., and then the prices. Might be worth having a word with Cardiff Bus?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 pm

The malaysians know the gaps in the Indonesian markets and inted to expoit these revenues of income, I would imagine they are all ready planning advertising campaigns etc for our pre-season tour...(Similar of man utd going to japan pre-season to get merchandise sales) I think its great the more exposure the better and about time OUR club was put into context.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

about time, I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've browsed around in the club shop and left empty handed, Tatt stays on the shelves, but Quality s**t always sells....

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:20 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:

The malaysians know the gaps in the Indonesian markets and inted to expoit these revenues of income, I would imagine they are all ready planning advertising campaigns etc for our pre-season tour...(Similar of man utd going to japan pre-season to get merchandise sales) I think its great the more exposure the better and about time OUR club was put into context.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct, they are no mugs and they are looking in to the Indonesian market big time, but they are also looking at getting the South Wales public in to talking and seeing Cardiff City more.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 am

Have to admit that Red Dragon FM do their bit for the City coz they are always talking about games and their build up to the play off semis and final was second to none , and I agree with the earlier post to bring back the stripe ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 am

That's more like it Annis! Great to hear, mate.

StT.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 am

I hope they put the right person in charge of this dept, with a bit of get up and go about them.