Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEDLEY GONE TO CELTIC!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:30 am

According to the BBC news. Does this mean that we'll get no fee for him as the buyer is Scottish? If so, Joe showed no more interest in the Bluebird's future than modern Welsh players show in being capped for Wales.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 714916.stm
:old:
CAL

Re: LEDLEY GONE TO CELTIC!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 am

Well Rangers have offered him £20,000 a week, We have Offered him £20,000 a week. Wonder what Celtic will offer him ?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:37 am

caliburn wrote:According to the BBC news. Does this mean that we'll get no fee for him as the buyer is Scottish? If so, Joe showed no more interest in the Bluebird's future than modern Welsh players show in being capped for Wales.

CAL

I agree 100% and hope it isnt true tho ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:41 am

when does Ledley's contract expire then coz according to this article ALSO from the BBC website he cant sign for anybody until the transfer window opens on July 1st !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8714557.stm

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 am

BBC report says no such thing.

Mention of Celtic? All talk being about Celtic's rumoured interest...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Well Rangers have offered him £20,000 a week, We have Offered him £20,000 a week. Wonder what Celtic will offer him if its True ?

---------------------------------------------------------
Morning Young Annis,
No one ever offered me that kind of money. I wonder why. I once signed for Nantymoel Boys Club for a 15P fee though.

CAL

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 am

caliburn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Well Rangers have offered him £20,000 a week, We have Offered him £20,000 a week. Wonder what Celtic will offer him if its True ?

Morning Young Annis,
No one ever offered me that kind of money. I wonder why. I once signed for Nantymoel Boys Club for a 15P fee though.

CAL

That's more than City will get if Ledley moves to Celtic.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 am

nerd wrote:BBC report says no such thing.

------------------------------------------------
Morning Nerd,
I know I'm getting on a bit but a short while ago the Welsh BBC1 announced that Ledley had signed for Celtic. The error, if any, was not mine. They only understand rugger anyway.

CAL

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 am

caliburn wrote:

Morning Young Annis,

CAL

:lol:
Morning Cal,

I hope you and the wife are well.

Cal, its stupid money nowadays. But thats what we have to compete with if we want promotion, the only prob is Cal they dont play for the Shirt.
Annis

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 am

BBC Wales news at 08:30 definately mentioned Ledley was in Glasgow talking with Celtic.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

BBC Wales news at 08:30 definately mentioned Ledley was in Glasgow talking with Celtic.

meh, was looking at wrong report.

Didn't some media peeps claim Ledley was in Glasgow last week when he was in fact at home?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:17 am

nerd wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

meh, was looking at wrong report.

Didn't some media peeps claim Ledley was in Glasgow last week when he was in fact at home?

There was also a claim he is on holiday and won't be back for 2 weeks :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 am

Link on story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 714916.stm

:(

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 am

If he's going to Celtic or Rangers then he has been poorly advised. It will be a step backwards for him. Acottish football is of a very poor standard even by comparison to the Championship let alone the Premier League.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:when does Ledley's contract expire then coz according to this article ALSO from the BBC website he cant sign for anybody until the transfer window opens on July 1st !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8714557.stm

PRE CONTRACT.