Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HONG KONG

Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Going there next weds with the Mrs. Anyone off here been? can anyone recomend any where or anything to see? Any sort of info will be gratfull thanks. :ayatollah:

Re: HONG KONG

Mon May 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Been there regularly over the last two years, on the way and back from Australia, the Victoria Peak is worth a visit, and the Monastery and Buddha fom Lantau Island via the cable car is also a good trip , if shopping is on the agenda, the City Gate Mall is good for designer gear and restaurants and is close to the airport. I prefer to stay on Hong Kong Island, but Kowloon is worth a visit to see Ladies Market and the Walled City Garden. Tlhe laser light show on Hong Kong Island's Causeway Bay at 8.00pm every night is also worth seeing from a panoramic restaurant or your hotel room.

Mon May 31, 2010 11:08 pm

lucky sod, have a great time fella. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 am

Going there myself in October, for the first time since 1971, used to go to Repulse Bay for the beach and swimming, also remember Nathan Road for all the electrical stuff, definately do the peak tram for a view of the island, and if you`ve got a couple of quid to spare , have tea in the Mandarin Hotel ! : :mrgreen: You should have a great time, and when you get back, let me know of anything I should do or see , thanks ! :D :D

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:30 am

just check when you order a curry, it was not called fido or fluffy before it was cooked :D

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Try Happy Valley Racecourse and watch the yingtongs having a punt. You wont believe your eyes at the amount of cash flying around there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:25 am

BlueCheg wrote:Going there next weds with the Mrs. Anyone off here been? can anyone recomend any where or anything to see? Any sort of info will be gratfull thanks. :ayatollah:

Cheggers take plenty of money.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BlueCheg wrote:Going there next weds with the Mrs. Anyone off here been? can anyone recomend any where or anything to see? Any sort of info will be gratfull thanks. :ayatollah:

Cheggers take plenty of money.

Yeah because when the obvious happens and the Mrs doesn't put out....those lady boys are expensive as f**k....ermm..so Tony tells me! :D

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks for all the responce lads. You right it is suppose to be expensive out there, but if you eat where the locals eat it aint suppose to be to bad. Happy Valley sounds like a good crack. Hopefully the Mrs will want to go there. Thanks again Lads :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 am

I can't remember the name of the pub now, but me and a few Army mates were told to go there as "it was packed with women and you can't fail to score"

True it was packed with women but if any were aged under 70 I didn't see them :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I was there 20 odd years ago cracking beaches there and stanley market was well worth a visit. try to visit some of the smaller islands there was one where there was only a few small houses and a bristish style pub called the dirty duck i think

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:22 pm

disney is on lantau island. catch the tube to the big buddha.
change to the cable car, on return there is then a station which is the disney line.takes u direct disney.
all three would take a day and well worth it.
as said earlier , just head down to the waterfront island side and watch a free laser show.
fantastic sight.
also victoria peak is a must.
dont be afraid to use the tube, dont try walking everywhere it takes too long.
tube is really safe at all times but really busy at rush hour.
carefull on nathan road, electrical bargains are not what they seem ie they offer u a good price then u find it does not include a power lead or a charger etc.
superb place to visit my favourite city.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 am

Cheg,
I lived there for 8 years so would suggest
put the mrs to bed early and go to Wan Chai :shock:
Drinks in Lan Kwai Fong in Central, my favourite bar is Zinc, big black guy out front, top bloke or go up to Staunton Street
Depending on what food you want you can literally get anything on HK Island or Kowloon
Stanley Market good for a souvenier shop for those back home and some good bars and restaurants in Stanley for when you have finished (have a couple in the Smugglers on the front, closest thing in HK to a real pub and has a great jukebox)
Happy Valley horseracing is on a wednesday evening, great night out, cheap beers on the lower levels
Star Ferry - has to be done!
enjoy mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: