Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF PALACE GO OUT OF!!!

Mon May 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Business,Would my beloved Wednesday get reinstated to the championship?Just a thought! :?

Re: IF PALACE GO OUT OF!!!

Mon May 31, 2010 5:00 pm

sam salim wrote:Business,Would my beloved Wednesday get reinstated to the championship?Just a thought! :?

How would you feel about that Sam ?

I'd say from a distance that i wouldnt want to stay up that way, but then given the chance of redemption, is it worth it to see another club and thousands of broken hearted fans, finished for good ?

Its 1 thing to be relegated another completely to be liquidated.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:01 pm

I have heard Sam, As much as you belong up there :ayatollah: , I dont like any club going under.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:03 pm

I hope they wont come back up

Mon May 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have heard Sam, As much as you belong up there :ayatollah: , I dont like any club going under.

I understand your sentiments Annis, but would Palace fans feel the same if it was us?

Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have heard Sam, As much as you belong up there :ayatollah: , I dont like any club going under.

I understand your sentiments Annis, but would Palace fans fel the same if it was us?

Rick, what I mean is they are a massive Club and should never be in the lower leagues, but I wouldnt want Palace to go under to get them back up.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:09 pm

I know what you mean Annis, sometimes you have to go backwards in order to move forwards in the long run. Mind you, this is the second time Palace have gone into admin in ten or so years.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 pm

palace have been into admin twice now!while other clubs have struggled. But i don't think it will happen! :shock:

Mon May 31, 2010 5:17 pm

Sam if Palace go out of business your club will be re-instated. That is a guarantee.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:19 pm

I hope that Palace manage to overcome their troubles, it is not the fans fault when a club is run so badly, that could easily have been us not very long ago.

But to your original question Sam, I would think it would be a distinct possibilty that you would be reinstated if Palace did go under.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:47 pm

I would expect that IF Palace went out of business then Wednesday would go back up, Gillingham back up and probably Grimsby back up.

So no matter what, three clubs would most likely benefit from any Palace demise.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Sam if Palace go out of business your club will be re-instated. That is a guarantee.

Guarantee??

I'm quite sure that the championship will be team light next year if thats the case…wednesday still down…23 team championship…maybe wrong..but thats what i believe ;)

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm

cityloyal wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Sam if Palace go out of business your club will be re-instated. That is a guarantee.

Guarantee??

I'm quite sure that the championship will be team light next year if thats the case…wednesday still down…23 team championship…maybe wrong..but thats what i believe ;)

Wed I believe will still stay down.
We will know just after 3pm today.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cityloyal wrote:

Guarantee??

Wed I believe will still stay down.
We will know just after 3pm today.

Correct!
The rule:

12.2 Cessation of membership. If any Club ceases to be a member of The League for any
reason (including, without limitation, pursuant to Article 4 of the Articles of Association or
by way of relegation or expulsion for disciplinary reasons):-
12.2.1 during any Normal Playing Season, its playing record shall be expunged and the
number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that Season shall be
reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members;
12.2.2 during the period between the end of the Normal Playing Season and the
conclusion of the last Play Off Match for that Season, its playing record shall not be
expunged but the number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that
Season shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members; or
[b][b]12.2.3 during the period between the conclusion of the last Play Off Match and the start of
the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of
relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its
cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be
members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a
reduced number of Clubs.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I think Palace short term future maybe ok coz the 2010 Consortium seem to have the funds to buy the club and the major creditors of Selhurst Park ( The Bank of Scotland ) seem happy to sell to a property developer who does NOT want to use the land yet , prob is that the 2010 also want Selhurst Park as part of their deal but the Bank want guarantees that they WONT sell to the property developer for a much higher price in the future . 2010 reckon that with no Selhurst Park then they wont buy Palace but I think they wont do that and will compromise ??

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 pm

cityloyal wrote:[b][b]12.2.3 during the period between the conclusion of the last Play Off Match and the start of
the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of
relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its
cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be
members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a
reduced number of Clubs.

So the Championship would run with one less club. Obviously that would mean either 4 going up from League One next season or just 2 down from the Championship.

The rule seems daft because every club suffers the loss of revenue from a C Palace at home fixture and secondly the team who finish where Sheffield W did this season (third from bottom) will benefit from a situation that happened this season.

Surly it would be better to let Sheffield W stay up and do the same for the highest placed relegated team in League 1 & 2? That said I hope CPFC don't go under as the death of any club is a sad moment for all football fans.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Looks like Palace are going to be ok. Seems a takeover has been agreed with the bank over sale of ground to the consortium taking over!! :)

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Me for one didnt want to see us stop in the npc on the demise of a club , at the end of the day we weren't good enough on the pitch but the rules should be changed if you go into administration you should be automatically relegated ... see you saturday sam

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Any team that goes into admin should be automatically relegated. And Palace have been there twice! :x

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:09 pm

sam nice to see the echo has lost interest in you this week :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:sam nice to see the echo has lost interest in you this week :lol:

Im having a bad week Baz!!! :roll: