Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Next saturday the WDL in cardiff and the EDL

Mon May 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Next Saturday there will be 70,000 pissed up rugby heads in Cardiff, should be interesting. The rugby kicks off at 2:30, what time is the WDL march.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 pm

I think it's wrong.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:10 pm

Very interesting as most of the EDL Support English Clubs. hmm.

Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Best of luck to all who attend the rally,hope it stays peacefull,and they just show their discontent at the way this country is being run and the british people are being ignored,im glad they,ve got the balls to stand up and be seen to be concerned about the way this country is going to the dogs.just hope they behave and it goes well.

Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 pm

people have the right to protest but as soon as it goes tits up , which these things have a tendency to do , then it all gets silly

I dont agree with the edl and I dont think they are doing any good with these marches

if a point was to be made, its been made now by them

time to drop it now

Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 pm

Eddie May wrote:Over 1,000 is expected to meet in cardiff by cardiff castle, including hundreds of EDL from english areas. the jacks have been told not to come.
The main speaker for this meeting is of indian origin.

any comments on ths meeting, is it right or wrong.

is he the speaker who said muslims will burn in hell ?

not the brightest chap then

I think the edl are making a mistake if they think they can put up an indian fella and then say they are not racist

all people of all colours can be racist

Mon May 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Why the f**k do you allways bring up this racist shit,its about immagration and how this country is getting overloaded,checks,poles rumanians,asians all countries and colours,what f*cking planet are you on,cant you see whats happening here,the only other problem is the threat from islam which is understandable,if they dont want to live by our laws then they should,nt be here,the rally is to show the government that people are not happy with whats going on in our country.

Mon May 31, 2010 7:37 pm

here we go again, this topic has been done to death. :roll:

Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 pm

were.nt going to get into this but im feeling exactly what mike just said,im ex army and fed up of the news reporting of our boys getting killed in afgan, never thought id get into all this marching shit as iv got two kids in the house and a cracking missis,but the more i thinck about it the more i want to march.

Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 pm

I agree with that rob,iv said my bit thats enough now.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 pm

mike wrote:Why the f**k do you allways bring up this racist shit,its about immagration and how this country is getting overloaded,checks,poles rumanians,asians all countries and colours,what f*cking planet are you on,cant you see whats happening here,the only other problem is the threat from islam which is understandable,if they dont want to live by our laws then they should,nt be here,the rally is to show the government that people are not happy with whats going on in our country.

I thought the edl march according to them was specifically about the muslim extremists mike ?

thats what the edl have said , I do not support them in any way but they are trying to say its not about immigration ?..its about muslim extremists ?

just because you have one opinion , doesnt mean I am on some different planet for having a different one , I can see we have a problem with the extremists and I want them dealt with

I just happen to think the edl are not the way to do it and if the edl want to be taken seriously they now need to step back from amrching and enter into proper talks with the government and if people want to be reprsented by them , then the edl need to stand for election

then , if they have the support they say they have , then they will get council seats etc

isnt that the legitimate , law abiding democratic way to do it , we are british and we are proud of the democratic way

I dont support the bnp eitehr but they have had the chance for the people to vote for them , they didnt get any seats , but even though I dont liek them , they ahve the right to stand

Mon May 31, 2010 10:11 pm

beaky wrote:were.nt going to get into this but im feeling exactly what mike just said,im ex army and fed up of the news reporting of our boys getting killed in afgan, never thought id get into all this marching shit as iv got two kids in the house and a cracking missis,but the more i thinck about it the more i want to march.

I totally respect the services lads and those tossers in luton need to be locked up really , the punishment they got was a pisstake

but I dont think the edl are the answer to this

thats my opinion

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Iv been to meetings and the protests are about immigration and the state our countries getting in,and yes about these extremists who come here and are not prepared to abide by our laws and ways of life,and it leads back to them because their supporters turn up with their anti british slogans and like at the football you allways get the odd few kicking off,but you saying talk to the government instead of marching,its them thats allowing this to happen,and are not listening to the british public,i can see us heading back to the 70s unless the government wake up and listen,and i dont want my kids going through that.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Who let's them get away with it? Who let's them into the country? Who's rally to blame? It's mot the immigrants fault it's the people in power, that's who people should be protesting about but I suppose it's easier to blame the immigrants I fir one don't blame them, if you were living in a shithole and someone said if you get to Britain you will have a house , car and weekly benefits do you blame them for coming here? I blame the people in power and as fir a bunch of thugs protesting against the Muslims what about all the pedophilles in the catholic church?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:51 pm

If you went to another country you would be expected to abide by their laws and respect their way of life and most of all respect the forces of that country who put their lives on the line every day to protect it,i do blame the government for the way they are f*cking our country up,thats what the rally is for to them we,r not happy and to get off their arses and sort it out,simple really in it,and their not all thugs like you said.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 pm

There not all thugs(edl) and all Muslims aren't lazy benefit scrongers or terrorists there's good and bad in all walks of life

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:05 pm

They are not getting at all muslims its the extremists who dont give a f**k about our way of life and respect our forces.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Following the last debate on here abut this march I felt so behind the times I looked up the EDL/WDL including watching the BBC documentary. Contrary to what some people here are saying, it appears that they really do only have one objective, "The EDL was formed on the 27th of June, 2009 due to frustration at the lack of any significant action by the British Government against extremist Muslim preachers and organisations such as Islam4UK, Hizb ut Tahrir, the Islamic Forum of Europe, the Muslim Council of Britain - the list goes on". It is not against immigration.

As a policy i think that is a pretty good one, after all I am sure that nobody living in the UK really wants to feel under trheat of our own 9/11 etc etc. However it appears that the execution of this policy is somewhat flawed. They openly say that their group consists of football hooligans. That alone is only going to provoke negative media interest. Furthermore they seem to have their own identity problem within the group itself. The documentary portrayed many men acting as hooligans, it was almost as they were treating the march as a good day out to drink some beer and have a ruck. There were organisers trying to stop this and I don't know whether this was because they were on camera or whether it was because they really did not want this behaviour. I would prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and one in particular did appear to be trying his hardest to stop this behaviour.

Overall, as an organisation my belief is it is doomed to fail as too many that are involved don't seem to know what the real objective is, and it is very difficult to control. I guess my stance on it is, I would not march, I hate racists, I agree with their stated objective, and on that objective alone would love these marches to actually achieve something in a peaceful fashion. Not sure if that can happen though

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:43 pm

first of all ..drop the names

both of them sound like football firms

and the chanting , its daft

to be taken seriously then those that are in this organisation need to be democratic

then ..if people do cross the line ..out they go !!

so drop the confrontation , form the organisation as a proper party to represent those people they say are not being listened to , stand at elections with the specific goal of getting the govt to weed out and expell extremists and those who abuse troops ..I would give them prison sentences , not fines

and change the name of the edl to something like the "democratic anti extremists party "

stop these marches and meetings where people are bussed in like cattle to be separated by the old bill on one side and the extreme left on the other

its going nowhere !!

might I add i would never vote for this lot even if they were democratic ...... but if enough people did , then thats democracy !

you wont get people to sympathise with you outside of a small core unless the image of this group , from top to bottom , is changed

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 pm

No way will they get a 1000

And you have to laugh at an organisation that's anti extremist muslim intolerance telling Swansea not to turn up.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I don't agree with some of them as they do come off as racist but I know their not all racist and I think this is why swansea are not allowed to turn up because of their bnp attitude (also its in Cardiff and they haven't the brains to stick to the reason the march is being held).. they may not being doing things the right way but at least they're doing something. These terrorists have been granted asylum because THEY are scared they'll get hurt if they're sent home so they pull out the human rights act.. What about our rights. What about the fear of the people that were there when buses were blown up or the families of dead soldiers.. What about the disrespect shown at wooten bassett where muslims march through the town where dead soldiers are carried, protesting .. f**k them, this country is too soft I'm glad someone actually stands up for what they believe and says what a lot of people think..