Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

play-off final money!

Mon May 31, 2010 11:34 am

is it true that over the years the winners of the play-offs have always let the losers keep all the gate money but we refused this and insisted on 50/50 and end up costing us over a million pounds... does anyone know if this is true?

Re: play-off final money!

Mon May 31, 2010 11:37 am

AHERNE wrote:is it true that over the years the winners of the play-offs have always let the losers keep all the gate money but we refused this and insisted on 50/50 and end up costing us over a million pounds... does anyone know if this is true?

We agreed to let the losers have all.

I think the FA get 50% and the other 50% is split between the two clubs normally.

However it was agreed that the losing team get the whole 50% (or whatever it is)

Re: play-off final money!

Mon May 31, 2010 11:47 am

Owain wrote:
AHERNE wrote:is it true that over the years the winners of the play-offs have always let the losers keep all the gate money but we refused this and insisted on 50/50 and end up costing us over a million pounds... does anyone know if this is true?

We agreed to let the losers have all.

I think the FA get 50% and the other 50% is split between the two clubs normally.

However it was agreed that the losing team get the whole 50% (or whatever it is)

Just to be annoying it's the Football League (not the FA) who get 50% of the gate money profits. We did agree with Blackpool that the losers kept the other 50% which I believe was around £1.25m. We also collected £400,000 for the semi-final home game against Leciester.