Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wembley

Sun May 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi all was at wembley last week to see the final, due to being pals with one of your players a big group of us came down by coach for the day, unlucky with the result but we where well impressed with your support. Met loads of cardiff fans and got on brilliant with them all, hope you'se bounce back and get automatic promotion next near, we'll certainly be back down a few times for more craic. All the best lads

Re: Wembley

Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm

and that player is ?

Sun May 30, 2010 10:50 pm

ross mccormack mate

Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:Hi all was at wembley last week to see the final, due to being pals with one of your players a big group of us came down by coach for the day, unlucky with the result but we where well impressed with your support. Met loads of cardiff fans and got on brilliant with them all, hope you'se bounce back and get automatic promotion next near, we'll certainly be back down a few times for more craic. All the best lads

glad you enjoyed the day.

can't cope with play offs again I don't think, just have to hope for automatic I think! :)

Sun May 30, 2010 10:57 pm

great you had a good time down in wembley but don't think that a load of people from glasgow got hold of lot's tickets will go down well with the locals down here .were they corporate tickets or the run of the mill tickets ?

lot's of people missed out on tickets u see

Sun May 30, 2010 10:59 pm

hello and welcome. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 11:04 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:great you had a good time down in wembley but don't think that a load of people from glasgow got hold of lot's tickets will go down well with the locals down here .were they corporate tickets or the run of the mill tickets ?

lot's of people missed out on tickets u see

Just normal tickets mate, i see where your coming from in saying that people would be pissed off, i seen some spare seats but not sure if these where areas reserved for players families/friends etc cos they where in a couple of different sections

Sun May 30, 2010 11:12 pm

no worries glasgow lad

glad you had a good time anyway . i still haven;t got over our defeat and don't think i ever will

Mon May 31, 2010 9:21 am

glad you enjoyed it, wembley is a superb stadium, i want to see an old firm game and will one day

Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 am

GlasgowLad wrote:Hi all was at wembley last week to see the final, due to being pals with one of your players a big group of us came down by coach for the day, unlucky with the result but we where well impressed with your support. Met loads of cardiff fans and got on brilliant with them all, hope you'se bounce back and get automatic promotion next near, we'll certainly be back down a few times for more craic. All the best lads

A bloke in work told me Ross had a busload going from a pub on the south side? Met Ross' old man up in Newcastle, seemed like a nice bloke.

Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm

PtB wrote:

A bloke in work told me Ross had a busload going from a pub on the south side? Met Ross' old man up in Newcastle, seemed like a nice bloke.

Aye mate as soon as the leicester game was done, he got numbers, not so much from the boozers right enough, just a group of his family and friends, left at 3-45 on the sat morning was some day, Aye his da's a good guy likes a good laugh and swally lol, do you'se go down a lot from clydebank?

Mon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Great, hopefully gain New Support up in Scotland :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 3:32 pm

rorkes drift wrote:glad you enjoyed it, wembley is a superb stadium, i want to see an old firm game and will one day

Im a celtic fan mate, you would enjoy it, though to be honest it's been watered down a bit the last few years too much hype and the standard of the teams have dropped, though still a good day up here. Having watched a few cardiff v swansea games right enough id say the atmosphere at least rivalled the old firm and tbh seemed a bit more action lol. If you get a chance to come up for one gives a shout on this and i'll sort a few beers out :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 5:54 pm

i will do that, i have been through glasgow a few times going north, i have never seen either ground even when i went through the govan area of glasgow

Mon May 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Having gone to a few dozen Old Firm games and after going to the last game against the Jacks, i can honestly say the atmosphere at the Cardiff game was far more intense and intimidating. As the bhoy says, the Celtic Rangers games are pretty watered down these days. Still well worth going mind you, so long as you're in the right end!

Mon May 31, 2010 7:06 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:
rorkes drift wrote:glad you enjoyed it, wembley is a superb stadium, i want to see an old firm game and will one day

Im a celtic fan mate, :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
enjoy your season :lol:

Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:no worries glasgow lad

glad you had a good time anyway . i still haven;t got over our defeat and don't think i ever will

There was a lot of scare-mongering about lack of tickets but there were plenty to go around, even the day before there were some left.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:52 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:
PtB wrote:

Aye mate as soon as the leicester game was done, he got numbers, not so much from the boozers right enough, just a group of his family and friends, left at 3-45 on the sat morning was some day, Aye his da's a good guy likes a good laugh and swally lol, do you'se go down a lot from clydebank?

Aye mate, we go down quite regular. There's around ten of us although we very rarely all get down at the same time. I managed ten games last season, and about the same at Clydebank although we are still playing lol

CUP FINAL on Tuesday - I'm easy pleased!

Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 pm

A bloke in work told me Ross had a busload going from a pub on the south side? Met Ross' old man up in Newcastle, seemed like a nice bloke.[/quote]

Aye mate, we go down quite regular. There's around ten of us although we very rarely all get down at the same time. I managed ten games last season, and about the same at Clydebank although we are still playing lol

CUP FINAL on Tuesday - I'm easy pleased![/quote]

A trained a few times with clydebank the season they went bust, when tony fitzpatrick was boss, a was at a football academy in paisley at the time and tony was our coach aswell, the bankies trained after us, but by this time they only had a few players full time alan gow and such, so a few of us used to train with them and put crosses in, also friendly with charlie hobbs that used to play with you'se a season or so back, grew up same area as him

Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:

Im a celtic fan mate, you would enjoy it, though to be honest it's been watered down a bit the last few years too much hype and the standard of the teams have dropped, though still a good day up here. Having watched a few cardiff v swansea games right enough id say the atmosphere at least rivalled the old firm and tbh seemed a bit more action lol. If you get a chance to come up for one gives a shout on this and i'll sort a few beers out :ayatollah:

Ive got tickets in the Celtic end for the Emirates Cup Sunday games , see u there mate ............. :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:A trained a few times with clydebank the season they went bust, when tony fitzpatrick was boss, a was at a football academy in paisley at the time and tony was our coach aswell, the bankies trained after us, but by this time they only had a few players full time alan gow and such, so a few of us used to train with them and put crosses in, also friendly with charlie hobbs that used to play with you'se a season or so back, grew up same area as him

Gowser grew up round the corner from me, kept in touch up until he moved to Plymouth. He's a good lad. Wee Charlie is a boy and a half too - I sponsored his top in the cup final last season - he scored against us for Neilston last week but don't think he ever really wanted to leave.

Who else did you play for? Do you know Johnny Hardie?

Mon May 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
GlasgowLad wrote:

Ive got tickets in the Celtic end for the Emirates Cup Sunday games , see u there mate ............. :ayatollah:

I should be going down for that, was trying to get booked for ibiza for a week round about the start of august but it's coming in at a shocking price, so i think it will be the big smoke for a few days instead :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 11:26 pm

PtB wrote:
GlasgowLad wrote:A trained a few times with clydebank the season they went bust, when tony fitzpatrick was boss, a was at a football academy in paisley at the time and tony was our coach aswell, the bankies trained after us, but by this time they only had a few players full time alan gow and such, so a few of us used to train with them and put crosses in, also friendly with charlie hobbs that used to play with you'se a season or so back, grew up same area as him

Gowser grew up round the corner from me, kept in touch up until he moved to Plymouth. He's a good lad. Wee Charlie is a boy and a half too - I sponsored his top in the cup final last season - he scored against us for Neilston last week but don't think he ever really wanted to leave.

At that age a played with hillwood until 18's a right good set up over in the southside, then giffnock north again a well run club, nobody junior or senior though, mostly kept ma football to the sundays after that due to following celtic away etc, still play saturday morning and sunday afternoon though just now, aye i remember johnny hardie he was always about at the academy helping out with things a guy who loved his football and as far as i know ran/coached a lot of teams round paisley/renfrew way, also think he coached at hillwood for a while if im thinking of the same wee guy

Mon May 31, 2010 11:33 pm

GlasgowLad wrote:
PtB wrote:

At that age a played with hillwood until 18's a right good set up over in the southside, then giffnock north again a well run club, nobody junior or senior though, mostly kept ma football to the sundays after that due to following celtic away etc, still play saturday morning and sunday afternoon though just now, aye i remember johnny hardie he was always about at the academy helping out with things a guy who loved his football and as far as i know ran/coached a lot of teams round paisley/renfrew way, also think he coached at hillwood for a while if im thinking of the same wee guy

Aye, Johnny is one of a kind. Was our kitman for a few years in 2 different spells. He went to Hamilton Accies for a while and was at Benburb last time I heard from him. My wee mate Joey played in goals for a couple of his teams until he met Strongbow! Now he's my big mate :lol: