Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gay weddings/blessings

Sun May 30, 2010 8:21 pm

anyone been to one, had an invite today for one????

does the groom kiss the groom :o etc etc

Re: Gay weddings/blessings

Sun May 30, 2010 8:22 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:anyone been to one, had an invite today for one????

I'd love to go to a bride kiss the bride one. Then i would stalk the ladies on their honeymoon in Lesbos.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I'd love to go to a bride kiss the bride one. Then i would stalk the ladies on their honeymoon in Lesbos.
:lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Sorry, as you know I say how I believe or See it and I do Not agree with them.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Eastenders is well out of order lately and my 9 year old watches it.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Joking aside as far as i'm concerned God created Adam and Eve not Adam and STeve.

Civil partnerships should be banned

Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 pm

And as far as I'm concerned there was no Adam and Eve, it all about this thing called evolution :roll:

If 2 people want to make a commitment to each other I don't have a problem with it.

I have several friends that are gay, the only time I would have an issue with someone being gay is if they tried to come on me ;)

Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 pm

joncandy wrote:And as far as I'm concerned there was no Adam and Eve, it all about this thing called evolution :roll:

If 2 people want to make a commitment to each other I don't have a problem with it.

I have several friends that are gay, the only time I would have an issue with someone being gay is if they tried to come on me ;)

Not really sure what l believe however i disagree with civil partnerships. Family life was the backbone of Britain. New labour totally destroyed it with their namby pamby policies that promoted the rights of the minorities. Organisations such as Liberty flourished under Labour. Now we have a broken society on benefits. I just hope the new government has the bollox to cut benefits for the spongers and reward the families.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 pm

No im sorry i dont agree with these civil partnerships,its another thing thats got way out of hand,under labour,and even with the lib dems.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:40 pm

I was against anything homosexual when younger, but now that my son is gay i am more tolerant.Not sure how i will cope if he wanted a civil ceromany.But as long as they are commited to each other who are we to take away happiness from them.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Just dont agree with it at all.

I have met/worked with gays and all I can say is that I'm a good listener. I dont criticise or belittle someone for feeling/being that way but i just cannot come around to accepting it is right.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:09 am

Not gay myself but as long as they're happy then they can go for it.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 am

I think the older generation are against it more than the youth of today.

Doesnt bother me, they can do what they like to each other.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:59 am

If two people want to make a commitment to each other, what difference does it make to YOUR life if they happen to be of the same sex?????

AND... what does Adam and Eve have to do with it???? It's a civil ceremony, we're not talking about a wedding in the eyes of God.

I appreciate that people don't accept it, I just don't understand why it affects them? or am I missing something?

Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 am

I accept that 2 men or 2 women can fall in love and set up home together, so I have no problem whatsoever with Civil Partnerships. Indeed they make perfect sense from the point of view of giving a same sex partner next of kin rights which operate in law between Husband and Wife.

However, where I totally disagree is allowing those in Civil Partnerships to adopt children. There seems to be too much attention on the rights of the gay couple over the best interests of the children.

Whatever the circumstances gay couples cannot produce children naturally so it is beyond me how they can claim to be disadvantaged or discriminated against if they are prevented from adopting children.

The natural and biological norm for the creation and raising of CHILDREN is one male role model and one female role model, everything else is irrelevant.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think the older generation are against it more than the youth of today.

Doesnt bother me, they can do what they like to each other.

Correct,Sorry I am still old fashioned but will stick to my views on it.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am

dont care

its 2010

let em do what they want

far more important things to worry about

Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 am

shall i get a pink tutu or a white tutu??? and what colour tights will suit me :D and also thongs or boxers??

Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Dudders wrote:Not gay myself but as long as they're happy then they can go for it.

They should not flaunt it in public in my opinion.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm

I think its un-natural and violators should be shot

Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 pm

The posters who are anti gay weddings seem to think being gay is some sort of life choice: it isn't.

I think people of all persuasions should be free to be open in their sexuality. My kids (21, 18 and 13) are much more clued up and accepting of this and I believe that is for the better.

If a couple is gay why shouldn't they be able to legally seal that commitment ? I am comfortable being a heterosexual why shouldn't gay people be comfortable in our society ? Contrary to some people's opinion, it is perfectly natural.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I think its un-natural and violators should be shot

GROW UP ffs the people that shud be dealt with in that manner are the people that are peadophiles rapists and so forth

If 2 people love each other and want to commit then that is good

it has nothing to do with them making this country shit IT is the government and the lazy twats on the dole and the immigrants that f**k - majority of gay/lesbian/homosexual/bisexual ARE hard working people who resepct themselves and pay their way withint this country.

I would rather see my child commit to someone who loves them honestly and treats them with respect - than someone who is the "correct" sex that shits on them abuses them etc

BUT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL OST

Baz i definatley think the PINK tutu hun because if you wear your white YOU will be mistaken for the bride and end up hitched

:lol:

Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 pm

its a posh doo and all. in london, i got no problem with it in fact i got quite a few gay friends(no piss takes)

Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Jez wrote:

GROW UP ffs the people that shud be dealt with in that manner are the people that are peadophiles rapists and so forth

it has nothing to do with them making this country shit IT is the government and the lazy twats on the dole and the immigrants that f**k - majority of gay/lesbian/homosexual/bisexual ARE hard working people who resepct themselves and pay their way withint this country.

I would rather see my child commit to someone who loves them honestly and treats them with respect - than someone who is the "correct" sex that shits on them abuses them etc

Spot on :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Jez wrote:

BUT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL OST

Baz i definatley think the PINK tutu hun because if you wear your white YOU will be mistaken for the bride and end up hitched

I was joking about getting shot, but it is un-natural

Mon May 31, 2010 9:34 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:its a posh doo and all. in london, i got no problem with it in fact i got quite a few gay friends(no piss takes)

Baz i think you would look sexy in a tux :D :D :D :D and if its a posh do then that wud be apt :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 pm

Cum on guys its just not wot we see as normal.The thing is that us oldies(me) :old: find it very hard to accept.I have friends who are gay and they are top guys but i will never ever see the attraction. The thing is it was never meant to be,simples.I love beer n women and so be it. :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 pm

there was a fella is our school that was laways teasing everyone and saying he hated gays

when I worked in cardiff the place I worked in had a lot of gays and lesbians ( an advice centre for benefits, housing , etc ) and we would often go to the kings cross for a pint on a friday after work

its didnt bother me , there were some sexy looking women in there ..a lot of hen parties woukld go in there ..they would feel safe ..anyway we sometimes would go to minskys for a lugh later

and guess who one night was in there ith his boyfriend ?

the lad from our school who always said he hated gays

the point I am making is dont worry about them , because although it can sometimes be a bit offputting , its not a problem aor the end of the world and people who go on and on about not being gay or hating gays or saying its unnatural are often covering things up

just dont worry about it

( not anybody on here I might add before I get shot )

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 am

Don't have a problem with gays or Lesbians but agree with Annis about civil partnerships. Have known plenty of gays and Lesbians over the years some a right laugh. But what i really disagree with is them having kids by hook or crook, donors, artificial insemination ETC, this should not happen.
Perhaps it is natures way, they wasn't meant to have kids,anyway a kid should have a Mum and Dad not a Mum and mum or a Dad and Dad. Is it natures way of keeping the population down as this also happens in the animal world.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:07 am

My old man used to say "Turd Burglars" :lol: