Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"OPINION PLEASE"

Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm

I am against a coalition Govt as its Not what I voted for, I cant see it working, ANY Comments/Opinions Please.

Re: "OPINION PLEASE"

Sun May 30, 2010 7:31 pm

before you know it we will have lost our free prescriptions, unemployment will be up in Wales due to the cuts in public sector jobs, the assembly will have f**k all money. Apart from that it will be just like any other Tory government ( oh sorry I forgot its a coalition the CON_DEMS will f**k wales up)

just my opinion

Sun May 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Didnt get the best of starts did they, with David Laws Lib Dem, standing down over his expenses. He should have been sacked not stood down.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am against a coalition Govt as its Not what I voted for, I cant see it working, ANY Comments/Opinions Please.

They'll be calling for another election within 6 months

Sun May 30, 2010 7:54 pm

never have never will vote tory

Sun May 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am against a coalition Govt as its Not what I voted for, I cant see it working, ANY Comments/Opinions Please.

I hope so, This is a farce a Coalition Govt.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 pm

What would be the alternative exactly?

Sun May 30, 2010 8:20 pm

SOMEHOW i can see it working, those two are very shrewd in my opinion :D

Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I hope so, This is a farce a Coalition Govt.

Scrap our democracy

Replace it with a new system driven by the monarchy

1. Law & Order-let the police elect law and order reps

2. Finance-let bankers elect the Bank of England

3. Education-let teachers vote for education leaders

4. Health-let Doctors and Nurses vote for Health REps

90% of our MPs are a bunch of greedy wankers out for own interests.

All doleites should work for benefits-cleaning streets, scrubbing graffitti, repairing roads.

Bring back National Service for the chavscum 16 year olds

Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

f**k politics they are all bent and out to make a quick buck

Sun May 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:

That was my gut feeling when the coalition first formed but I'm slowly beginning to think that the last thing the Lib Dems will want in six months is another election.

The Tories seem to be doing a great job of shifting the blame for cuts onto their partners who seem too willing to accept it without complaint. By the time they wake up to what is going on they will realise that they will be wiped out in the West Country where they can't possibly stand on an anti-Tory ticket and that part of the country makes up the backbone of their support.

All disillusioned Labour voters will go home and I can see the LD returning as little as 10-20 seats in the next Parliament while the Conservatives easily form a majority Government.

So whatever we may think of the coalition I believe the Lib Dems will keep it going for a good while yet.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:01 pm

In my opinion if there is a hung goverment, there should be a second vote with all other parties removed except the first two. In this case there would be a second vote where people vote Labour or Tory with a first past the post winner.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm

annis the conservatives you support are the main supporters of first past the post

that system usually returns a majority party , but this time people just didnt trust tyhe conservatives in enough numbers

so a coalition is what we have

I voted against a tory government , what I got was a mixed tory and liberal government

thats democracy

might not be what you wanted , but thats what the people voted in

Sun May 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Magners wrote:

In my opinion if there is a hung goverment, there should be a second vote with all other parties removed except the first two. In this case there would be a second vote where people vote Labour or Tory with a first past the post winner.

Isn’t hat's the system the Tories have offered the Lib Dems in a referendum; I think it’s called alternative vote or something like that.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Magners wrote:

if thats the alternative vote system that they are thinking of bringing in , there would still be a mixed parliament as the tories only got 37 percent of the vote , so would get around 37 percent of the seats or something like that

labour would get about 29 percent of the seats

the liberals 23 percent of the seats

thats the fairer way ...

after all the tories had less than 40 percent of the country voting for them

and it was the same when labour were in power

Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 am

Magners wrote:

Excellent idea and thats what should happen :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 am

I think they do something like that in the USA, and its what the Lib Dems want.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:37 am

Sludge wrote:annis the conservatives you support are the main supporters of first past the post

that system usually returns a majority party , but this time people just didnt trust tyhe conservatives in enough numbers

so a coalition is what we have

I voted against a tory government , what I got was a mixed tory and liberal government

thats democracy

might not be what you wanted , but thats what the people voted in

Sludge, It cant and wont work a coalition Govt in my opinion, but your right thats what weve got for now, lets wait and see.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:11 am

The coalition of millionaires: 23 of the 29 member of the new cabinet are worth more than £1m... and the Lib Dems are just as wealthy as the Tories

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/electio ... ories.html

The rich just looking after the rich again! The 80's are here in fashion and politics again! :old: