Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"THE IMMIGRATION DEBATE"

Sun May 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Which seems to stir up so much banter/friendly arguments etc on here.

Well My point is I believe everyone is equal, but if we go to Spain/Germany etc they will look after their own country men first.

This is what gets me just 2 points out of many i have.

Today down at the Masons Pub in Marshfield I bumped in to some old friends(Married couple) of my fathers.

They are both in there early 70's and as usual I asked how they were, Sid said his wife had just had a hip replacement 5 months ago and that they had had to go private because The NHS had over an 8 month waiting list, and they were told the hospitals couldnt cope with the influx of new people registering from other countries.
Sids Wife had become so ill she could not walk anymore, so they spent All their Savings on the Hip operation £10,000.
Bang has gone their holiday money for their remaining years. Yet for 50 odd years they have worked and paid their Taxs, what do they get back.
The Good news is it went well and thats why they were able to be down there having an afternoon drink.

This year when My new baby daughter was rushed in to the heath as an emergency, I will never forget when my Wife stayed every night and on the first night at about 12pm asked for a pillow and was told they had none spare by the Nurse. An hour l later an Asian lady arrived with her baby and said to the nurse i am not sleeping by here without a pillow, the same nurse rushed and got her not 1 pillow but 2 pillows.

I am just telling 2 genuine stories about how bad this country has become.

Over to you Sludge these are facts not sun newspaper reports.

Re: "THE IMMIGRATION DEBATE"

Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Sludge will be on in a minute and ask for "evidence" to back up your claim Annis :lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sludge will be on in a minute and ask for "evidence" to back up your claim Annis :lol: :lol:

I CANT WAIT, I have plenty to back this up. :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Annis,
The Country has gone to the dogs, I work with a few Polish people and I just can't understand how they can claim child benefit for their children back in Poland, this is just madness, and how the influx of migrants coming here have had an effect on OUR society/hospitals etc, sadly I think it will just continue as the Rich/Poor divide seems to be widening.
:ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Country is fucked !!

I thought it was going to get better under the tories as they were going to repeal the human rights act (the main reason for it)

But now we got this f*cking coalition, the liberals got their way and the human rights act is here to stay for a while longer yet......

When my son was a baby and I lived in Hemel Hempstead, I was staying for a weekend in London, I had to take him to an out of hours surgery when he fell ill.

Oh my f*cking god. I am not a racist, but ffs people jumping the queue because they didn't speak english (the reason given when I asked was because it saved having the interpreter sitting round for hours and hours at £40+ per hour)

This was all in Chase Farm, North London (near Enfield). THAT is what is wrong with this country, pandering to the non-english speakers.

If you CANT speak English, either bring a member of the family that does - OR f**k OFF !!!!!!!!!!

Sun May 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Marc wrote:Annis,
The Country has gone to the dogs, I work with a few Polish people and I just can't understand how they can claim child benefit for their children back in Poland, this is just madness, and how the influx of migrants coming here have had an effect on OUR society/hospitals etc, sadly I think it will just continue as the Rich/Poor divide seems to be widening.

Marc, Its totally wrong and the child benefit should stay here.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:23 pm

nigelmac wrote:Country is fucked !!

I thought it was going to get better under the tories as they were going to repeal the human rights act (the main reason for it)

But now we got this f*cking coalition, the liberals got their way and the human rights act is here to stay for a while longer yet......

When my son was a baby and I lived in Hemel Hempstead, I was staying for a weekend in London, I had to take him to an out of hours surgery when he fell ill.

Oh my f*cking god. I am not a racist, but ffs people jumping the queue because they didn't speak english (the reason given when I asked was because it saved having the interpreter sitting round for hours and hours at £40+ per hour)

This was all in Chase Farm, North London (near Enfield). THAT is what is wrong with this country, pandering to the non-english speakers.

If you CANT speak English, either bring a member of the family that does - OR f**k OFF !!!!!!!!!!

I dont agree in this coalition Govt and The human Rights Act,I feel Britain should off with drawn from it.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm

What do people suggest the answer is then?

Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh no,not immigration ,again. This country is fucked big style,I did my points for Oz and have a decision to make for my kids future. Just my sick Mum to think about.
Anyone with a brain should think of getting out of this f*cking shithole as it`s going to get worse.
I can go in Tesco and you see Asian women spitting on the floor,FACT.
Was in the family section at the Speedway GP at the Millstad and the Poles were a f*cking disgrace,and I`m no angel.
I f*cking hate what this great country has become. :evil:

Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Owain wrote:What do people suggest the answer is then?

Nuke us and start again

Sun May 30, 2010 7:26 pm

do you really believe that? :lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Annis no one with any sence on here is going to argue with what you said,thats just two excamples of how messed up this country is thats without schools jobs houseing,im worried sick about the future of my kids,cause worse its going to get.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Close the borders and all new arrivals that have been coming here should not get money from our state, When my Grandfather came over from Egypt he never got a penny from This Country, it was work/die or return to Egypt and so for the next 60 years he worked and never ever had a penny of the state.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Which seems to stir up so much banter/friendly arguments etc on here.

Well My point is I believe everyone is equal, but if we go to Spain/Germany etc they will look after their own country men first.

Today down at the Masons Pub in Marshfield I bumped in to some old friends(Married couple) of my fathers.

They are both in there early 70's and as usual I asked how they were, Sid said his wife had just had a hip replacement 5 months ago and that they had had to go private because The NHS had over an 8 month waiting list, and they were told the hospitals couldnt cope with the influx of new people registering from other countries.
Sids Wife had become so ill she could not walk anymore, so they spent All their Savings on the Hip operation £10,000.
Bang has gone their holiday money for their remaining years. Yet for 50 odd years they have worked and paid their Taxs, what do they get back.
The Good news is it went well and thats why they were able to be down there having an afternoon drink.

This year when My new baby daughter was rushed in to the heath as an emergency, I will never forget when my Wife stayed every night and on the first night at about 12pm asked for a pillow and was told they had none spare by the Nurse. An hour l later an Asian lady arrived with her baby and said to the nurse i am not sleeping by here without a pillow, the same nurse rushed and got her not 1 pillow but 2 pillows.

When my daughter had her last child just over a year ago there was an Asian woman in the next bed and boy did she give the nurses the runaround, she only spoke 2 words of english "I want" and the rest was hand signals. As you can imagine the nurses loved her. As one of the nurses was finishing her shift we walked out together to the lifts and I commented how she and her colleagues were back and forth like blue assed flies to her and she said aye trouble is you can swat a blue assed fly but you cant swat them sponging bastards

Sun May 30, 2010 7:31 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Which seems to stir up so much banter/friendly arguments etc on here.

When my daughter had her last child just over a year ago there was an Asian woman in the next bed and boy did she give the nurses the runaround, she only spoke 2 words of english "I want" and the rest was hand signals. As you can imagine the nurses loved her. As one of the nurses was finishing her shift we walked out together to the lifts and I commented how she and her colleagues were back and forth like blue assed flies to her and she said aye trouble is you can swat a blue assed fly but you cant swat them sponging bastards

I agree and the staff are starting to hate working there.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Close the borders and all new arrivals that have been coming here should not get money from our state, When my Grandfather came over from Egypt he never got a penny from This Country, it was work/die or return to Egypt and so for the next 60 years he worked and never ever had a penny of the state.

i bet your grandad annis was a hard working type of fella,but i got to be honest a lot of these eastern europeans are just a pain in the arse. ask anybody in slough/reading/west london. we have got to tighten up our benefit sytem too

Sun May 30, 2010 7:34 pm

I believe this to be a free Country and I welcome everyone, but there has to be something done, far too many immigrants are using this Country for a free ride and it must stop for the sake of our Country.

Those who come into this Country should put into the pot before being allowed to take out. Simple.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Logger,
He couldnt read or write, but had a job down the docks and then in the centre of Cardiff every year of his working life and beyond those years. But he new if he never worked no one would of given him a penny. NOW WE GIVE MORE TO PEOPLE FROM OUT SIDE BRITAIN, THAN TO OUR OWN.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:38 pm

logger wrote:

Hi Logger, which part are you asking me do I believe in??? if it's about the child benefit, then that's fact.
If it's about the effect it has had on our society, just take a look around.
Rich/Poor divide is as wide as it's ever been, and most employers are milking the situation big time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What are your thoughts on it all?

Sun May 30, 2010 7:41 pm

My lad has spent the last three years living up in Reading - he really liked it at first but now really hates it and can't wait to come back home next month.

It really is a different world up there - we have no idea back here in Wales - we are so protected from what is going on elsewhere

Sun May 30, 2010 7:50 pm

croesybluebird wrote:My lad has spent the last three years living up in Reading - he really liked it at first but now really hates it and can't wait to come back home next month.

It really is a different world up there - we have no idea back here in Wales - we are so protected from what is going on elsewhere

Was down Dover/Folkestone way a few months back,bloody hell.It was like being in West Germany when the wall came down .
Beggars from East Europe all over the shop.
It seemed like every other house was flying the cross of St George,speaking to the locals,they f*cking hate them

Sun May 30, 2010 7:55 pm

As i said, we are so insulated here in south Wales from what is going on in England.

It really is a different world. If you spent some time in the South east many would be really really shocked

Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Call me ruthless but Enoch Powell had the right idea.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:02 pm

In 2003 I emigrated to Australia (as my girlfriend at the time was an Aussie), the process I had to go through was rigorous, they wanted to know everything and have proof, such as holidays together, birthday cards, joint bank accounts in the UK etc, and it cost me the best part of £2000.
Whilst my "De-Facto" application was being processed I wasn't allowed to work, leave the country or scratch my arse, after a few months I was given a visa and I started a job in a construction firm, a few weeks into my new job we were taken on a piss up, as the firm had won a $10 million tender for a job on Christmas Island, this was to build an immigration centre so anyone who came to Australia claiming asylum etc were to be held there whilst their application was looked at, Christmas Island is closer to India than Oz. I just wish that we could adopt a similar approach as it's to easy to get into this country.
I now live in Acton (West London) and honestly it's shocking the level of immigration here! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Marc wrote:
logger wrote:

Hi Logger, which part are you asking me do I believe in??? if it's about the child benefit, then that's fact.
If it's about the effect it has had on our society, just take a look around.
Rich/Poor divide is as wide as it's ever been, and most employers are milking the situation big time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What are your thoughts on it all?

hi marc. my thoughts are like this,yes employers are milking this situation big time but also a lot of our unemployed are so used to the benefits they dont want to work,and that is a fact. but i really find the child benefit one a bit hard to believe i am sorry. if it is true marc,then somebody in higher goverment should really have their arse kicked big time

Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 pm

They can also claim Working Tax Credits for their sprogs back in Commieland :evil:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

It's 100% true logger, also anyone who is from the EU and working in the UK can claim child benefit/tax credits for the children they have back home, even though their children don't live in the UK. It's costing you,me and all the other hard working people millions/if not billions every year, out of the pot in which we pay into. :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:37 pm

abf9 wrote:They can also claim Working Tax Credits for their sprogs back in Commieland :evil:

Yep, if they are UK tax payers they can.

Here lies a major problem. A "commie" comes here ot work and takes a low paid job. This means they get working tax credit and its a fair amount they get being on a low pay. That amount is sent back to commie land which usually turns out 4 times as much as what they would have got if they had stayed at home.

So we end up with a company paying less for labour and an employee getting alot more due to tax credit.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:00 pm

here we go i was having a great weekend and you have gone and buggered it up and my blood is boiling now
first seem my post from an earlier debate
Re: Racism !! are we racist
by The Premier 1 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:32 pm
YES YES, YES YES YES,
IF BY DEFINITION MY WISHES (SEE BELOW)
i want british houses for british people
i want british taxes to fund british people less fortunate
i want british hospital beds for british people
i want british jobs for british people
for wanting britain to remain british

MAKE ME OUT TO BE A RACIST THEN BY f**k, YES IM A RACIST

nigelmac

i had to go to a hospital in spain a few years ago and i had to take someone who could speak spanish, as luck would have it the doctor spoke fluent english so i was alright but the sign was there in reception for all to see.

Forever Blue
Close the borders and all new arrivals that have been coming here should not get money from our state,
When my Grandfather came over from Egypt he never got a penny from This Country, it was work/die or return to Egypt and so for the next 60 years he worked and never ever had a penny of the state.

annis your grandad was old school they came here for a job and a better way of life was earnt off that not the other way around

carlccfc I believe this to be a free Country and I welcome everyone, but there has to be something done, far too many immigrants are using this Country for a free ride and it must stop for the sake of our Country
Those who come into this Country should put into the pot before being allowed to take out. Simple.

we can do the same if we go to latvia and sign on your entitled to the same amount of money you would get in the uk, now by latvian standards that income would make you middle class and able to live a comftable life, but do we do it NO?
i believe before you take out you have to put in and there should be a time scale to it too, same with housing, and the same with health care

croesybluebird
trust me caerphilly is full of pol's also last time i went to newport town i had trouble finding someone in the street to speak english

abf9
They can also claim Working Tax Credits for their sprogs back in Commieland
see above this needs to stop straight away

my answers
shoot any b*stard caught falling off the back of a lorry in dover
shoot any b*stard who is found in the back of a lorry on british soil
shoot any b*stard thats found wandering our motorways/services after doing one of the above
only joking

we need to stop making this country such a handout state make it harder for people to make easy money. if your in this country and your family is not they dont benifit from our money
if you come to this country to work have a job lined up first as you wont be getting money
if your coming to this country to use our hospital make sure you have made substancial contributions
if your coming to this country to have a new home make sure you got the money to buy the fucker, not take it off someone whos been here all their life and worked paid taxes for that benifit

rant over, im gonna have a brandy and polish the shotgun

Sun May 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Labour made this Country soft as Pig shit :evil: