Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin Ratcliffe thinks Jones may still leave in the Summer

Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 pm

So it says in the mirror anyway - no link as yet - just read it in the paper. Apparently Ratcliffe is pretty close to Jones - if that's the case dont keep us waiting too long Dave because any new manager will not have much time to prepare for the new season. I know he is on holidays but this issue needs to be clarified quickly. Another articler in the Sunday Mirror states that we as fans may have far too high expectations and that there will be very little money in the pot to buy new players.

Re: Kevin Ratcliffe thinks Jones may still leave in the Summer

Sun May 30, 2010 1:22 pm

ihatealiens wrote:So it says in the mirror anyway - no link as yet - just read it in the paper. Apparently Ratcliffe is pretty close to Jones - if that's the case dont keep us waiting too long Dave because any new manager will not have much time to prepare for the new season. I know he is on holidays but this issue needs to be clarified quickly. Another articler in the Sunday Mirror states that we as fans may have far too high expectations and that there will be very little money in the pot to buy new players.

Of course we can only guess but if Jones has handed in a far too ambitious 'wanted list' which is then turned down because there is no spare cash then I suppose he could use the old 'the board doesn't match my expectation' excuse to cut and run.

If there is any truth in this then I hope he goes sooner rather than later.

Sun May 30, 2010 1:25 pm

I would have much preferred that he went now really rather than have a summer full of the unknown. We need far more certainty at this time. I hope the Malaysians are well read and know of this issue and are able to contact Dave Jones about it pronto.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:38 pm

if the reports regarding his current wages are correct he'll be lucky to find a job as well paid elsewhere inthe Championship and I'm not sure how many Premier League teams would gamble on him.

he and his family appear settled in the area and if he was really going to go he had the perfect opportunity last Saturday - I think we are stuck with Jones (for better or worse) for a while yet.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Ratcliffe is a wanker

He knows f**k all

Sun May 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Ratcliffe is a wanker

He knows f**k all

but i hope is got this one wright. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 6:27 pm

at £800,000 a year! Jones is going NOWHERE! ;)

Sun May 30, 2010 8:23 pm

ihatealiens wrote:So it says in the mirror anyway - no link as yet - just read it in the paper. Apparently Ratcliffe is pretty close to Jones - if that's the case dont keep us waiting too long Dave because any new manager will not have much time to prepare for the new season. I know he is on holidays but this issue needs to be clarified quickly. Another articler in the Sunday Mirror states that we as fans may have far too high expectations and that there will be very little money in the pot to buy new players.

I agree JONES go now if your going.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I am sick up to my left bollock of all this shit about us fans having "too high expectations", We're fans for f**k's sake - we're supposed to have high expectations! If we don't wish to see our club be successful then who the hell will?

Having fucked up llast season how can it be said that getting into the play-offs this year was "too high an expectation"?

Having got the final this season how can it be said that wanting promotion next season is "too high an expectation"?

This bullshit is the worst form of getting in your excuses early. If you can't handle the expectations get the f**k out and let someone else have a go.