Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALREADY SPENT THEIR PARACHUTE PAYMENTS "THE RIDDLER"

Sun May 30, 2010 11:01 am

Hull City have no money coming to them as they Gambled and Borrowed on their forth coming parachute Payments that are Due This Season Coming. They did a Riddler and will now be skint, Pompey skint as well. I am not sure about Burnley ?, but Promotion next Season is up for Grabs and in My Opinion easier than this Season just gone(Nothing is easy), but No Newcastle and WBA with Big money.

ONWARDS and UPWARDS FOR THE MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ALREADY SPENT THEIR PARACHUTE PAYMENTS "THE RIDDLER"

Sun May 30, 2010 11:04 am

Middlesborough and Reading along with us and Forest I reckon to chase the top 2 , like u said Annis we've got nothing to fear from the 3 teams coming down . Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 am

Hull have actually taken a £10million advance from their parachute payments. Their manager is also reported to be owed £1.4m from the financially stricken club although Hull City have never substantiated that amount.

Cant see them being a force.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:08 am

Leeds might be a threat but if Norwich's ambition is to sign Soloman Twaio then they should be out of it to. I agree Pompey/Hull will be no threat, but watch for Bristol C as dark horses.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:13 am

I think Pompey are the only one of the three to really fear. Hull will b emid table and Burnly will resume their former status of being ok.

Leeds, Millwall and Norwich are reasonably big clubs coming up on a high. Ipswich, Forest, Sheff Utd, QPR, Boro and others will wheel and deal and it will be an interesting few months as the season takes shape. It will be intersting to see what the Jacks do as well.

For me, if we do the correct wheeling and dealing, then the top two is more than up for grabs.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:32 am

It's gonna be a long season and respect must be given to all other teams in the Championship next year..we led Peterborough by 4 goals at half time and couldn't beat them, nothing is a forgone conclusion and so called lesser teams will ruffle a few feathers as the season progresses. Keeping the main part of our squad together is essential for consistency and team spirit, if we can do that and tinker with the parts of the team that need improving then who knows, but we all know what injuries can do to f**k up a season, plus some luck is always needed. We have the structure in place to succeed but nothing in this world is gauranteed other than death. Let's have another good go at automatic, if not then play offs it hopefully will be again.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:29 pm

I think it's going to be a very open division. There's no reason why we can't take top spot , but I'm sure plenty of other teams supporters are thinking the same. The summer wheelings and dealings , and then those who push on in January will probably be a decisive factor.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Feeling more confident by the day about automatic promotion and that is with even not knowing who are new signings will be. :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Disagree with it going to be alot easier this season.

Ok, so the teams that have come down are not as strong as the likes of Newcastle and WBA. Burnley are the only ones financially sound. They have kept most of their team which is alot stronger than the one that went up.

Now lets take a look at those that have come up. Anyone want to disagree with me that Norwich and Leeds are stronger than Leicester? I dont think so.

So lets look at what we were against this season. Middlesborough, expect a stronger challenge from them. They only lost out because of a managerial change, what a stupid decision that was for them in the end. Sheff Utd, not too sure why they went through a dramatic bad patch but it was a good job they did. Reading and Forest, good job both teams had a terrible start to last season. forest got there we know but Reading could have quite easily done.

Right how about the teams that were nowhere. QPR, already signed Ambrose and Derry from Palace, have a serious manager installed who has £20 million to spend. Watford, though they played some excellent football in ther end. Finally I'll give the Wurzels a mention because of their new manager installed. He knocks the spots of our one.

Nope, dont think the league is there for the taking.

Mon May 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Its wide open, evidenced by the number of sides already mentioned who could threaten.

As it stands (there will be plenty of changes in the summer), i can see at least Boro, Ipswich, Reading, Burnley, forest, Leicester, Sheff utd being threats....

I think the point is though with the new parachute payemnts and without 2 big clubs coming down (like newcaslte and WBA last year) this could be the best chance for a long time to actually hit top 2.

In fact there are few who we can write off... Scunthorpe Palace and preston maybe, after that evryone will think they've got a shout -look at Blackpool.

Can't wait !

Mon May 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Its wide open, evidenced by the number of sides already mentioned who could threaten.

As it stands (there will be plenty of changes in the summer), i can see at least Boro, Ipswich, Reading, Burnley, forest, Leicester, Sheff utd being threats....

I think the point is though with the new parachute payemnts and without 2 big clubs coming down (like newcaslte and WBA last year) this could be the best chance for a long time to actually hit top 2.

In fact there are few who we can write off... Scunthorpe Palace and preston maybe, after that evryone will think they've got a shout -look at Blackpool.

Can't wait !

Tim, but We should be back up there again in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Its wide open, evidenced by the number of sides already mentioned who could threaten.

Can't wait !

Tim, but We should be back up there again in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Definately.

We are going to need to bring in 5-6 players PLUS an replacements for others who might leave just to keep squad strentgth.

Mimimum of back-up keeper, right wing, central midfielder, big centre forward, left back.

They need to contribute more than the players they are replacing - Enckleman,Etuhu, Scimeca,Feeney and Capaldi

I also argued last summer that we need a 4th centre half and despite Blake's emergence i haven't changed my mind.

Then replacements for any who might leave.

The opportunity is there, its going to be a big summer in the transfer market and crucial that Jones and the board bring in the right players.

I'd like to see a GENUINE competitor fro Marshall's place (Enk's looked shot this year), and a real bulldozer of a centre forward to cover jay. The KEY though is a real dominant midfielder. Mos tof the other top sides had one, and although mcPhail and ledley are very good, they never seemed as influential as the likes of Adam, Nolan, Smith, Wellens, Sigurrdson, McKenna, Stock, Pratley etc.. injuries didnt help, but we ned this to be prioritised if we have money to spend IMHO.

Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm

Depending on what happens with ledley (and I suspect he'll be off) I think Jones may already
have a nugget for midfield in Darcy Blake, if he gives him the chance pre-season maybe??

Even if TG is a bit careful with his cash I still think we'll spend more than anyone else in the
divison.

Dave Jones has to buy well, there was no real pressure to deliver last season cos we all knew
there was no money, the debt, and the Riddler to contend with. He knows he's in the last chance
saloon now.

I know I go against the grain saying this but if we start the season with McPhail as our midfield
lynchpin we'll fail.

Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

QPR should be a threat with 20mil to spend and i expect reading to be up there as well