Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I dont get it

Sun May 30, 2010 9:23 am

Our new owners in 1 breath are saying we aint going to spend money on players we simply havent got, and then in the next breath we're on about signing Craig Bellamy, and also offering Joe Double wages to stay. :?:

Re: I dont get it

Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

i think they have realised then need to keep the momento goign and get us back up the top and as quickly as possible, they know if they spend and it pays off they get a good (great) return on their investment.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

When I read " I don't get it" I thought.... "never mind there's the right women out there for you....maybe cut your hair??" BUT then I noticed it's about something else...

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:27 am

BlueCheg wrote:Our new owners in 1 breath are saying we aint going to spend money on players we simply havent got, and then in the next breath we're on about signing Craig Bellamy, and also offering Joe Double wages to stay. :?:

They are not saying they are signing Craig Bellamy, thats paper talk Chegs. Dont think they have said we are not going to spend money either Chegs but have said we will be prudent. Best Policy me thinks :D :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:27 am

The Premier 1 wrote:i think they have realised then need to keep the momento goign and get us back up the top and as quickly as possible, they know if they spend and it pays off they get a good (great) return on their investment.

But we're in enough Debt as it is tho, They sould do what they said they going to do and that is run it as a business, otherwise without sounding negitive we could end up skint again and in loads of debt.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:28 am

Bigbluebird wrote:When I read " I don't get it" I thought.... "never mind there's the right women out there for you....maybe cut your hair??" BUT then I noticed it's about something else...

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:28 am

What they are saying is, the club must be run as a business, and we are not going to spend money like Chelsea and Man City, there is a difference :thumbup:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:30 am

Igovernor wrote:What they are saying is, the club must be run as a business, and we are not going to spend money like Chelsea and Man City, there is a difference :thumbup:

We could never spend the money them 2 have got, but we could still spend and get out of control, WE GOT TO LIVE WITHIN OUR MEANS, and that goes for what ever business you are involved in weather it be a Pub, Ice Cream Van or a Football Club.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 am

I think they will just grow your club chegs and run it correctly rather than gamble. You don't need to spend a fortune as long as you keep the core of your team and best players.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am

bloo wrote:I think they will just grow your club chegs and run it correctly rather than gamble. You don't need to spend a fortune as long as you keep the core of your team and best players.

Exactly Im just hoping we can keep our team togheter, get rid of the dead wood and then make about 3 signings and we will be a force next year, but hey this can be done without breaking the bank :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 am

BlueCheg wrote:Our new owners in 1 breath are saying we aint going to spend money on players we simply havent got, and then in the next breath we're on about signing Craig Bellamy, and also offering Joe Double wages to stay. :?:

They also wont be throwing around the fact that they have money to spend - and say they will do things sensibly in the knowledge that other clubs dont crack on and start over valuing their players knowing we could be in the market for them....

At the end of the day Chegs, these guys will have to take some small gambles in the process of getting us promoted - where their BIG pay day arrives.

What ever happens, and after all the new employees at the club, who will run the club properly and as a business, remains a gentleman in the back ground called Vincent Tan, with a wallet full of £1.2Billion (sterling!)

Sun May 30, 2010 9:43 am

Merlin wrote:

They also wont be throwing around the fact that they have money to spend - and say they will do things sensibly in the knowledge that other clubs dont crack on and start over valuing their players knowing we could be in the market for them....

At the end of the day Chegs, these guys will have to take some small gambles in the process of getting us promoted - where their BIG pay day arrives.

What ever happens, and after all the new employees at the club, who will run the club properly and as a business, remains a gentleman in the back ground called Vincent Tan, with a wallet full of £1.2Billion (sterling!)

Good post.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 am

Merlin wrote:

Of course they going to take gambles, every aspect of running a business is a gamble, but lets hope they dont gamble to much. It's all well and good having someone in the backround with plenty of bucks, but if the shit hits the fan will he put his own cash up to cover someone elses mistakes? Time will tell :ayatollah:

Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 am

I believe what the Malaysian’s are saying when they talk about ‘cost cutting’ is there will be no more excesses like Helicopters home and jobs for the boys and that’s a hear, hear all around from me.

I think most people would agree that in this league at this economic time that £5-10m spent wisely could put your club into the top 2.

We know the Malaysians have big plans to market this club in Malaysia and then hopefully the wider Far East. I would wager that this summer we will see a number of lucrative sponsorship partnerships between our club and Asian big business.

The money raised will be directed at the team and pay for the players we need. Therefore the ‘club would have lived within its means’ but would have also received a massive helping hand in doing so.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 am

Blackpool hardly spent feck all. They spent 500k on Charlie Adam which was the best buy of last season.
Its not how much you spend but how you spend the money to live within your means

Sun May 30, 2010 10:25 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We know the Malaysians have big plans to market this club in Malaysia and then hopefully the wider Far East. I would wager that this summer we will see a number of lucrative sponsorship partnerships between our club and Asian big business.

And to achieve this they need us in the premier.

My mate wants to sell the best ice cream in the village. To do this he needs to go and invest in a good looking ice cream van. They dont come cheap. However he knows he will need to cut his costs. So instead of hiring a driver, a salesperson and a mechanic he is going to d his own driving, serve the ice cream and fix his van because he can do all those things unlike the driver we had running our club.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:26 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Blackpool hardly spent feck all. They spent 500k on Charlie Adam which was the best buy of last season.
Its not how much you spend but how you spend the money to live within your means

As I have said a few times, we have not improved but this league has got weaker.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:We know the Malaysians have big plans to market this club in Malaysia and then hopefully the wider Far East. I would wager that this summer we will see a number of lucrative sponsorship partnerships between our club and Asian big business.

And to achieve this they need us in the premier.

Is that nailed on before we getting any kind of far eastern sponsorship? There must be plenty of Far East companies who want to sell in the British market place and many of them have contacts with Tan. SOBBET are far eastern aren't they?

Obviously we will get less sponsorship cash in the Championship but I don't think playing in that league is a deal breaker.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Blackpool hardly spent feck all. They spent 500k on Charlie Adam which was the best buy of last season.

As I have said a few times, we have not improved but this league has got weaker.

I have thought that for a long time so it's about time we took advantage of it.