Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: the Malaysians have got it wrong already ?

Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 pm

great post, an interesting read :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:48 pm

I would of liked a new manager, everyone knows my views so I want go on :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm

dave jones seems to lack the passion of many managers in the championship.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 pm

rob wrote:dave jones seems to lack the passion of many managers in the championship.

Everyone :evil:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Have the malaysians got it wrong ?

I disagree after a week of hard thinking about it (my opinion!), Jones has improved year on year, and my usual rants about him tend to be after emotional games or results - the same as many people. To sack Jones now i think would be shocking - he isnt getting worse? and we were a goal up TWICE in the play off final to the Premiership?? You have to hand some of the blame to the players, and certainly the RIDDLER for f*cking up so much we couldnt strengthen the team in January! we were almost there, and we should have won....

But as i always say, no point in moping around in the past - WE have new board members backing Jones this season, Hopefully financially as well as with their trust.
Lets re-assess the situation nearer xmas - and see where we are....
:ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:55 pm

cant imagine him having any passion or inspiration in his half time team talk. maybe thats why cardiff conceded so many goals early in second half.
cant imagine jonesy kicking a footy boot at a player :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Very interesting read, and thought provoking. D.J is an enigma one minute i am behind him lets stay with him next minute i want him gone.
His bad points in my opinion is his contempt for us the fans,his inability to change a game when it isnt going well, He buys some right Donkeys they play like Donkeys but he wont EVER drop them.

His good points he got us to an FA Cup final and bought us within 90 mins of the Prem. If Eddie May had done that for us he would have god like status,thats for sure.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:20 pm

why bother folks im not a dj fan. but our new owners have backed him so lets stop bitching and get on with it ffs.FACT DAVE JONES IS STILL HERE DEAL WITH IT.AND SUPPORT OUR BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 pm

That OP has been pinched from what I have been saying all last week. We have improved so I hear, well I say the league has got weaker each season. He has brought in some good signing.....not lately he has.

So we now have some backers. So what with DJ in charge. This is going to be hard for some to believe but Ridsdale backed DJ with support and money and he still failed. Ok, SJ did not get his money in January but should we have lost to Blackpool in the final.

Well we are stuck with DJ for next season. He has asked for things, I believe the Malaysians will give what he asks for. DJ should consider himself luck he has another chance.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:34 pm

This time last year I wanted him out but now I seem to think he should have one more year.

There have been massive changes at the club and I think we need to keep some stability. I would also like to see DJ in operation without the Riddler.

You're post is spot on, especially after having lost to Blackpool but I don't think we've squandered players, simply a case of needs must.

Over the past year I don't think DJ or the players have been that fussed with us (the fans) but as DJ is staying I really think we should wipe the slate clean and try and support each other. We need more emotion / understanding from DJ and we in return should back him and give him every chance of taking us up next year.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:37 pm

i dont like the guy think he is tactictily nieve, but i think he should be given the chance to see what he can do with a bit of money i hope to f**k he proves me wrong next year and takes us up

Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 am

He"s had all the chances he needs in my eyes,he has taken us as far as he can he just cant think outsie the box and does not learn from his mistakes.i hope i am wrong and will take it on the chin if i am wich is something else he cant do :(

Sun May 30, 2010 12:12 am

I want Mark Hughes as manager for the new season.

If Jones does stay this has to be his last season here regardless.

Sun May 30, 2010 6:06 am

Although he didn't actually say it I believe that Eddie May was making the point that Hudson’s place in the side is assured only because of his substantial transfer fee and we know he was a DJ signing.

I think that is a very astute observation and answers the very frustrating question to why DJ believes in him so much when it is obvious the player is a donkey.

Of course this opens up another debate which is can you trust DJ to spend significant amounts of money on players? What if those players turnout to be less effective than what we already have, do they play instead no matter what the consequences?

Sun May 30, 2010 8:17 am

earnieblue wrote:why bother folks im not a dj fan. but our new owners have backed him so lets stop bitching and get on with it ffs.FACT DAVE JONES IS STILL HERE DEAL WITH IT.AND SUPPORT OUR BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That has been my say - previous to this post - we have no choice in this matter now he has been given another year BUT for him this year is crucial and he must aim for top 2 spots NOTHING more nothing less .

However he has to change his attitude also towards his players and the fans - i'm sure this would bring a positive thing to the club rather than the feeling of "here we go again" ...........

Sun May 30, 2010 8:21 am

He's staying lads. Its the first 'footballing decision' TG has made. It doesn't
Fill me with confidence either but does it send out the right message that
4 days into his Chairmanship we are slagging him off? I have massive issues
With Jones as manager but none bigger than Steven McPhail. He is our most
Experienced player yet he barely kicked the ball against Blackpool. Any
Tactically astute manager can see that he disappears in high tempo high pressure
Games, especially when the boots start flying in. We need a leader of men in
Midfield, the good midfielders will try and grab a game by the scruff of the
Neck not stand around ''if you don't get the ball to me I can't do anything with
It''...... If we are to succeed next season we need fighters/footballers in the engine
Room. My biggest fear is that Jones has already chosen the dream ticket of
Ledley and McPhail for midfield, it WON'T work when the chips are down!!!

BUT...... I'm gonna swallow hard and say ''come on DJ, onwards and upwards''
...Because its the least I can do for TG!!

Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 am

heres one stat that always sticks in my mind with DJ. , and i said this to my old man at the time, was that DJ is very lucky that a football season starts in august.
He should have been sacked at the end of 2007 IMO as our results from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007 were....

P W D L PTS
47 11 19 17 52

a season lasts 46 games and as you can see we played 47. in this seasons league table we would have escaped relegation and finished level on points with scunthorpe.

however if you skip back to the league table in 2007 (which is when these results are from) Leicester were relegated with 52 points.

I honestly think DJ should have gone then (DEC 2007)
i think he should have gone at the end of last season
But i am willing to let the malaysians find out for themselves.
dont get me wrong i dont want him to fail but i certainly agree that his record is not that impressive either

Sun May 30, 2010 8:37 am

that must be one of the shortest honeymoon periods ever, the malaysians have only be in control since thursday offically and already there is slight critism of their judgement :roll:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:41 am

the blue path wrote:that must be one of the shortest honeymoon periods ever, the malaysians have only be in control since thursday offically and already there is slight critism of their judgement :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Just our forum with their Honest Opinions :lol:

Sun May 30, 2010 8:46 am

an the other thing is, why are his interviews so f*cking boring. if he is like that in dressing room no wonder the players are not geared up

Sun May 30, 2010 8:48 am

nugent wrote:heres one stat that always sticks in my mind with DJ. , and i said this to my old man at the time, was that DJ is very lucky that a football season starts in august.
He should have been sacked at the end of 2007 IMO as our results from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007 were....

P W D L PTS
47 11 19 17 52

a season lasts 46 games and as you can see we played 47. in this seasons league table we would have escaped relegation and finished level on points with scunthorpe.

however if you skip back to the league table in 2007 (which is when these results are from) Leicester were relegated with 52 points.

I honestly think DJ should have gone then (DEC 2007)
i think he should have gone at the end of last season
But i am willing to let the malaysians find out for themselves.
dont get me wrong i dont want him to fail but i certainly agree that his record is not that impressive either

With all due respect your going back a long time there, when CCFC were in as much shit, if not more then than they are now! if you're going to quote results from 2007 then you should back it up with the events off the field, what money was avaialable, what joenes bought in the summer and did he strengthen in the January? it's all very well quoting stats - but the fact of the matter is that he is improving every year. We MUST get automatic promotion next year, or at worse WIN the play off final - if not - JONES WILL BE GONE! with that i have no doubt. (maybe even before if TG feels his performance at the start of the season are not good enough depending on how much ££ TG will back him with?)

Sun May 30, 2010 8:51 am

i think even though they want dj to stay and will give him funds to strenghten the squad, if even doesn't deliver say if we are mid table come xmas he will be gone, i don't think his job is as safe now as it was when ridsdale was in charge.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:I would of liked a new manager, everyone knows my views so I want go on :lol:

New manager for me also.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 am

in my view he wont be given long, the Malaysians are in a hurry to get to the Premier League. If we are not in the top 2 or three by early December then my guess is he will be up the road. The Malaysians have been very shrewd in everything they have done so far and I am sure they will have a contingency plan in place if things don't go as well as they hope in the first couple of months.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Interesting read, however i think that at the start of the 05/06 season [DJ's first season] Earnshaw,Collins & Gabbidon had already left the club. I doubt he had much, if any say in the trio's departure.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Eddie May wrote:I have not written this but i totally agree with it.
opinions please

It seems the scars are beginning to heal, and everyone is now taking the objective view that Dave Jones is the manager to take Cardiff City to the Premiership. After all, not only has he had to sell nearly £30 million net worth of talent in the past 5 years, he's also taken us to a cup final and the pay offs - no mean acheivement.

But step back a moment and take another look at his record, and particularly from the alternate angle that he has, in fact, squandered a rich harvest of resources time and time again.

As a Championship manager, he has inherited talent, [Jerome, Earnshaw, Collins, Gabbidon, Ledley, Ramsey], which would be the envy of many. But also, whenever he has presented his 'shopping list' to either Hammam or Ridsdale, it has been more Waitrose than Costcutter. He has been ableto bring in Chopra [twice], Bothroyd, Whittingham, and the list goes on, on wages that have pushed our salary bill towards the top of the league -in fact apart from the 'parachute' clubs, I beleive it is the highest.

He secured the albeit dubious services of Hasselbank and Fowler, and this season was able to spend a million to bring in Hudson.

In the past 2 seasons he has had access to the best training facilities possible, and simply, he has wanted for nothing.

So what then has he acheived ? Putting this season to one side for a moment, take a look at the other 4 seasons he has been in charge :

2005/6. With 6 games to go, 2 pts off play offs. The last 6 games, we lost 5 and drew 1. That's 1 point out of 15.

2006/7. 17 games gone, top by 3pts, 10pts above 7th place. Even with 8 games to go, we were level with 6th place. Last 8 games ? We lost 7, drew 1. That's 1 point from 21.

2007/8. The Cup final season, though again, after 42 games, 5 pts off 6th, with a game in hand, but tailed off.

2008/9. The capitulation of the Century. Last 4 games, lost 3 drew 1. Scored 2 goals, against 12.

So this brings us to what should have been Dave Jones' highlight. Going into the play off final against an excellent Blackpool side, who would probably accept the player for player we are stronger in all areas. All he has to do, is get his players ready for the game, and of course, pick the side that is most likely to ensure success. He's slipped up for 4 out of the last 5 years, so this time he is thinking, "I will get this right, this time".

Thr trouble is, he doesn't. Just like he he buys an absolutely stinker for every good player he brings in, so he seems completely incapable of sound judgement at these critical and decisive situations.

So my take on his performance is this. He picks up gems here and there, develpoes their game, and sells them on at large profits. Amongst those gems, are plain donkeys, who often get extended runs in the side, to save face with his employers.

He can get the team to play the best football in the division, but rarely can he get all parts working at the same time. Often dragged down by playing the donkeys he paid good money for.

And he lacks the skill -or possibly drive - to go for the finishing line. The longest serving manager in the Championship, and seemingly screwed into the position whilst he keeps the Club in the top half of the table.

If you don't agree, fair enough. But I bet this. come the start of the season in August, when we playour 1st league game, injury permitting 'Rock' Husdon will be pulling on the captain's armband, and Dave Jones will be taking us on another season of ultimate disappoitment.

great post and misery guts DJ Bonzo is a looser.as he has not resigned he should have been sacked at all cost.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm not a Jones fan but have we improved year on year under him? (I ask coz I cant remember league finishing places for each year). If he keeps on improving then the only thing left is the Premier League. Anything else would mean we are going downhill under him.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Interesting Post however you need to look at what was going on in the background off the field during those years. DJ has dealt with difficult times at this club very well. He has saved our arses financially with some of the freebies he has got and then sold for millions. The Bloke is a very inspiring person with great dignity inside of him. Yes his interviews maybe boring but the bloke speaks with sense and is admired by many managers across the country. He speaks the truth and says it how it is. I have nothing but respect for him.

If you want my honest opinion, if we stick with Dave Jones, i guarantee you we will end up like Stoke City. DJ reminds me of Tony Pullis of Stoke. Stick with a manager and he will bring you success eventually. DJ is improving every year and we just got to be patient...it will come.

Its easy to employ a new manager -say for example Mark Hughes, but how long will it take a new manager to settle in and build a team- We all know it could easily go in the wrong direction just like it did last season for Roy Keane at Ipswich.

DJ loves our club, his family are happy in Wales, he knows taking cardiff city up to the premiership would be the biggest achievment of his career. It just wasn't our time this year, it wasnt meant to be, it was too soon for us to go there.

But Just like Westbrom did after loosing to Derby in the play off final a few seasons ago, we will go up as champions next season. I have 100% confidence in DJ achieving this for us. He is the most experienced manager in the championship. Look at all the other managers, some are new in the league, some are proven but are in the re-building stage with new teams e.g steve coppell -bristol city, strachan- boro etc.

This year, the championship had 2 premier league clubs in it- Newcastle/West Brom...Next year it hasnt in my opinion. all the clubs in the league next year are championship teams, next season is our big chance and in DJ i trust.

Getting a new manager now is a very very very risky decision. How many new managers get instant success with a club? Not Many, and we all want instant success now-Next Season and theres only one way to do that in my opinion and that is to keep DJ and improve again like we have done under him for the past 5 years. Give the bloke a break, hes brought some great times to this club

Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 am

ccfcdor wrote:Interesting Post however you need to look at what was going on in the background off the field during those years. DJ has dealt with difficult times at this club very well. He has saved our arses financially with some of the freebies he has got and then sold for millions. The Bloke is a very inspiring person with great dignity inside of him. Yes his interviews maybe boring but the bloke speaks with sense and is admired by many managers across the country. He speaks the truth and says it how it is. I have nothing but respect for him.

If you want my honest opinion, if we stick with Dave Jones, i guarantee you we will end up like Stoke City. DJ reminds me of Tony Pullis of Stoke. Stick with a manager and he will bring you success eventually. DJ is improving every year and we just got to be patient...it will come.

Its easy to employ a new manager -say for example Mark Hughes, but how long will it take a new manager to settle in and build a team- We all know it could easily go in the wrong direction just like it did last season for Roy Keane at Ipswich.

DJ loves our club, his family are happy in Wales, he knows taking cardiff city up to the premiership would be the biggest achievment of his career. It just wasn't our time this year, it wasnt meant to be, it was too soon for us to go there.

But Just like Westbrom did after loosing to Derby in the play off final a few seasons ago, we will go up as champions next season. I have 100% confidence in DJ achieving this for us. He is the most experienced manager in the championship. Look at all the other managers, some are new in the league, some are proven but are in the re-building stage with new teams e.g steve coppell -bristol city, strachan- boro etc.

This year, the championship had 2 premier league clubs in it- Newcastle/West Brom...Next year it hasnt in my opinion. all the clubs in the league next year are championship teams, next season is our big chance and in DJ i trust.

Getting a new manager now is a very very very risky decision. How many new managers get instant success with a club? Not Many, and we all want instant success now-Next Season and theres only one way to do that in my opinion and that is to keep DJ and improve again like we have done under him for the past 5 years. Give the bloke a break, hes brought some great times to this club

I completely agree with all of that. :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 2:17 am

IMO I think people think the grass is always greener....You go to most clubs and none of the like there manager and can make a case against there manager (even tho the majority disagree like on here from the poll)

IF I said I could get a manager who would cost a wage but
Can sell 33m of players and only use 6m over 5 years and still.....
IMPROVE league position every season
Get you to an FA Cup final while in the championship
Get you to a PLay/off final while under a transfer embargo for most of the season
been at the same club for 5 years so a committed manager.
and at the end leave a strong squad.

You can pick bones in all the above about the FA Cup etc etc but so would any fan of any other club, if they aint faultless they wouldnt manage CCFC.

IMO he is a good manager and yes he has faults but hope he stays