Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Realistic Prospects......

Sat May 29, 2010 4:33 pm

for next year?

We already know that a big chunk of our season tickets for next year have already been spent, we have a high wage bill, people talking about big investment on the pitch, debts being paid off etc etc. Is this really going to happen? If so where is the money going to come from for all of this??? If its the malaysians then you can guarantee that it will be in the form of loans etc etc. If this was to happen would we really be in a better position? It would be interesting to see an actual business plan for this coming season. As you can tell, im not so optomistic!

Re: Realistic Prospects......

Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 am

I take it we are all happy living in a dream world then?!! If so there will probably be a nasty bump in the summer!!

Sun May 30, 2010 11:59 am

I'm cautiously optimistic for the new season. I don't think its going to be any harder than last, & if we prepare well then anything is possible.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 pm

The main thing is we're getting rid of the gannets who've been taking the largest chunk of the cake for too long, that in itself makes me feel a little more comfortable with this take over. Sometimes you have to trust your instincts and this investment seems right.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 pm

ccfclover wrote:for next year?

We already know that a big chunk of our season tickets for next year have already been spent, we have a high wage bill, people talking about big investment on the pitch, debts being paid off etc etc. Is this really going to happen? If so where is the money going to come from for all of this??? If its the malaysians then you can guarantee that it will be in the form of loans etc etc. If this was to happen would we really be in a better position? It would be interesting to see an actual business plan for this coming season. As you can tell, im not so optomistic!

Obviously no-one knows ATM how the Malaysians plan to finance on the pitch success.

So my guess (& that's all it is) is we will see some huge sponsorship deals (may be some from VT's companies) which will mean the club has the means to bring in quality players without going further into debt.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:24 pm

We know the club is going to be run as a business now. These poeple are good business men , they make a success of a good company - they invest if they can see a future profit , they find the best deals for their business. Advertising , selling their product is what they are good at. So they can run our club (their business) very efficiently , finding the best deals and moving it onwards and upwards !!!