Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Keeper?

Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 am

Steve Simonsen wants to leave Stoke to find first team football?

Can't say i've seen much of him, but how would he fair against Marshall - is he a tidy keeper? anyone seen him in action? or not as good as Marshall.....?

Just opening up a can of debate!

Re: Another Keeper?

Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 am

Merlin wrote:Steve Simonsen wants to leave Stoke to find first team football?

Can't say i've seen much of him, but how would he fair against Marshall - is he a tidy keeper? anyone seen him in action? or not as good as Marshall.....?

The year they went up they beat us 1-0 on the opening day, with Man utd loanee Ryan Shawcross scoring the goal on his debut, and Steve Maclean having his penalty saved in the last minute by Simonsen.

That season he was the best keeper I seen at Ninian.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 am

carlccfc wrote:

The year they went up they beat us 1-0 on the opening day, with Man utd loanee Ryan Shawcross scoring the goal on his debut, and Steve Maclean having his penalty saved in the last minute by Simonsen.

Agreed-he was man of match that day the b*stard...

Sat May 29, 2010 11:47 am

carlccfc wrote:

Did'nt we miss another one in the next game and lose 1-0....was it Purse?????????

Sat May 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Purse missed v Coventry in next game