Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I.C.F an under 5s

Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 am

was anyone else there on this board at birmingham new street in 84<i think> when we the soul crew were returning from wolves about 250 of us AN WHILST waiting for our connecting train home MR BILL GARDNER AN CO THE I.C.F NUMBERING ABOUT 50 or so were also milling about , lookin to get bit of revenge on birminghams zulu warriors for a past beating, they told us to get our TOY TOWN FIRM out of way ,,, we aged from few old heads down to our main 100 or so 18/20 year olds with rest being in between ?
the I.C.F went about there business an we all waited , then a train pulled in an about 100 under fives were on it , we lined our side of platform an one of our mainer players asked taffy aldridge <for those that dont recognise name shame on you> what he reckoned? his reply was 6 out of 10 , we were so far of the pace back then !

Re: I.C.F an under 5s

Sat May 29, 2010 5:55 pm

if it was the day West Ham were away at Villa, then I was there too.

Sat May 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I was there mate, we were coming back from Walsall. I remember the Toy Town comment. :D

Sat May 29, 2010 6:15 pm

ely trendy wrote:was anyone else there on this board at birmingham new street in 84<i think> when we the soul crew were returning from wolves about 250 of us AN WHILST waiting for our connecting train home MR BILL GARDNER AN CO THE I.C.F NUMBERING ABOUT 50 or so were also milling about , lookin to get bit of revenge on birminghams zulu warriors for a past beating, they told us to get our TOY TOWN FIRM out of way ,,, we aged from few old heads down to our main 100 or so 18/20 year olds with rest being in between ?
the I.C.F went about there business an we all waited , then a train pulled in an about 100 under fives were on it , we lined our side of platform an one of our mainer players asked taffy aldridge <for those that dont recognise name shame on you> what he reckoned? his reply was 6 out of 10 , we were so far of the pace back then !

You should've given that aldridge a kick in the bollix :old: :D

Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
ely trendy wrote:was anyone else there on this board at birmingham new street in 84<i think> when we the soul crew were returning from wolves about 250 of us AN WHILST waiting for our connecting train home MR BILL GARDNER AN CO THE I.C.F NUMBERING ABOUT 50 or so were also milling about , lookin to get bit of revenge on birminghams zulu warriors for a past beating, they told us to get our TOY TOWN FIRM out of way ,,, we aged from few old heads down to our main 100 or so 18/20 year olds with rest being in between ?

You should've given that aldridge a kick in the bollix :old: :D

he used to go down the city in the 70's conelly boy i think. the boys who knew him said he was mad as a hatter

Sat May 29, 2010 9:06 pm

eldridge u mean i think boys

Sun May 30, 2010 8:03 am

Yes Eldridge, Tony I believe, had relations in the Porthcawl area. I got to know him quite well and yes, he certainly devided opinions. Although he was loopy, I quite liked him and he helped me out big time on a trip to see Wales play England at Wembley when I organised a coach from Porthcawl, early 80's. Also have fond memories of him at Millwall when we beat them 0-4, Swansea a few times and even a Wales game. I think you could start a whole thread on him. Met a grizzly end so i understand.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:31 am

Magic Rat wrote:Yes Eldridge, Tony I believe, had relations in the Porthcawl area. I got to know him quite well and yes, he certainly devided opinions. Although he was loopy, I quite liked him and he helped me out big time on a trip to see Wales play England at Wembley when I organised a coach from Porthcawl, early 80's. Also have fond memories of him at Millwall when we beat them 0-4, Swansea a few times and even a Wales game. I think you could start a whole thread on him. Met a grizzly end so i understand.

a few of the older bridgend lot used to meet him up in westham. didn't he die on the tube

Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Heard he got pushed under a tube by some Spurs fans. Don't know how true that is.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes mate, was there, on the way back from Wolves - 03/11/84

Train pulled in and they had been to Villa and they walked through us. Dexy through a punch but there was a bit of older (I was there in the 70's) expierence there who did nothing.

Problem was, from 1984 - 1986 we were all 14 - 18. There was no one else week in week out, so for our age and the fact that pretty much overnight a bunch of 17/18 year olds became the main faces WE did alright.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:56 pm

i thought he ripped off other west ham fans with their world cup money they were saving ,again not sure if true

Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm

blooooobird69 wrote:i thought he ripped off other west ham fans with their world cup money they were saving ,again not sure if true

Thats the story i heard

Mon May 31, 2010 4:37 pm

blooooobird69 wrote:i thought he ripped off other west ham fans with their world cup money they were saving ,again not sure if true

........ it was money that some of thayer lads where saving up to help one of them whos child had a bad disease and thay where trying to get money to send her to america for treatment...... so i was told.