Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Todays echo

Sat May 29, 2010 8:29 am

city have offered joe 20k a week by all accounts :o

Re: Todays echo

Sat May 29, 2010 8:39 am

earnieblue wrote:city have offered joe 20k a week by all accounts :o

Well its now up to Joe, does he want to still live the Dream or just jump at any premiership club to play premiership football now instead of later ?

Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 am

For 20k per week I'd do anything :P :oops:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:43 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26545562/

Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 am

come on joe sign the contract you know it makes sense :?

Sat May 29, 2010 8:52 am

As much as I love Joe. 20k a week is far too much. That amount could pay for 4 or 5 very good players.

Mind this is the Echo reporting!

Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 am

pcs1963 wrote:As much as I love Joe. 20k a week is far too much. That amount could pay for 4 or 5 very good players.

Mind this is the Echo reporting!

And they say Joe is too good for the Championship!!! :lol:

How the f**k do they know that if he hasn't played anywhere else?
He is a good championship player - who has been offered extraordinary money to stay! Sign the contract Joe - if you don't you're a fool!

Good luck in your choices though pal! :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:09 am

£20,000 a week seems like a fortune to most of us, yet Gabiddon is on £50,000 a week at West Ham. As much as I'd love Joe to stay and show loyalty, how long ago was it when half of the posters on the message boards were slagging him off, where was the loyalty then.

Joe's loyalty must be to his family and himself, how many of us would accept 20,000 if we were offered 40,000 or even more elsewhere.

I'd like to think Joe will stay, I'd like to think that if he did we's show him how much it meant to us, but in reality three bad games and half of us would be slagging him off and saying he was a waste of money.

Players have a short time to earn as much as they can to look after their lives out of football, playing for the shirt etc. is long gone, loyalty is a two way street and football fans are the most fickle breed in the world, how many areas would you hear in the same game "Dave Jones barmy army, Jonesy do the Ayatollah" and within minutes hear the same fans chanting "Dave Jones out".

Let's keep it real amd have a proper perspective on things.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:11 am

BigGwynram wrote:£20,000 a week seems like a fortune to most of us, yet Gabiddon is on £50,000 a week at West Ham. As much as I'd love Joe to stay and show loyalty, how long ago was it when half of the posters on the message boards were slagging him off, where was the loyalty then.

Joe's loyalty must be to his family and himself, how many of us would accept 20,000 if we were offered 40,000 or even more elsewhere.

I'd like to think Joe will stay, I'd like to think that if he did we's show him how much it meant to us, but in reality three bad games and half of us would be slagging him off and saying he was a waste of money.

Players have a short time to earn as much as they can to look after their lives out of football, playing for the shirt etc. is long gone, loyalty is a two way street and football fans are the most fickle breed in the world, how many areas would you hear in the same game "Dave Jones barmy army, Jonesy do the Ayatollah" and within minutes hear the same fans chanting "Dave Jones out".

Let's keep it real amd have a proper perspective on things.

one of my very first long winded posts on this forum was my loyalty to Joe. Think it was quite a good read too, but cant find it now!!! Maybe Baz or one of the other mods might be able to find it and give it a bump?? it was called "Joe Ledley" ? :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 2:37 pm

if he signs great if he decides to leave i wish him all the best, i just hope he makes his mind up soon so we don't have a will he won't he saga dragging on all summer, if he's going he should say now so the club has plenty of time to bring in a replacement.

Sat May 29, 2010 2:49 pm

use the search bar at the top of the page merlin