Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 OF DJ's Targets

Sat May 29, 2010 7:30 am

in January were Phillipe Sendros and Benjani, both were loaned out in January and both have returned to their parent clubs, will DJ go back in for them and would you welcome these signings ?

Re: 2 OF DJ's Targets

Sat May 29, 2010 7:38 am

Yes definately.

Any player who has "Good" Experience in the Premiership - (and I dont mean Man City Reserves!) - should be exactly what we are looking for.

Players who are not only better than your "average" Championship player but players who can THINK that extra yard or two quicker than other players

Sat May 29, 2010 8:48 am

Benjani yes all day long Senderos no, dont rate him at all a bit of a clumsy clot

Sat May 29, 2010 8:51 am

ihatealiens wrote:Benjani yes all day long Senderos no, dont rate him at all a bit of a clumsy clot

Maybe so - but will flourish in the Championship - i have no doubts about that - and i finally rekon Jones is waking up to our problems at the back trying to correct his previous transfer quests!!!

Both Tidy acquisitions, a few more loans along the way of QUALITY players - will help the cause and keep competition strong within the club.

We still need to go after a big strong ball winning midfielder - and another big physical target man up top.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:58 am

Sedneros or Hudson.........mmm, let me think! :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 am

Put it this way - senderos is so good, Wenger brought Sol Campbell back!

Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Fair comment about Senderos but there are those that are, in some instances, not good enough for the Premiership and too good for the Championship.

I dont know whether I would put Chopra in that category or not - but he has always shone in the Championship.

Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

nerd wrote:Put it this way - senderos is so good, Wenger brought Sol Campbell back!

Can i just remind you that ARSENAL are a PREMIERSHIP TEAM with MILLIONS of pounds and play in the CHAMPIONS league on a regular basis!

unfortunately - CCFC can't be quite as picky/choosey when it comes to available players.

Are you saying that Senderos couldnt do a Job at Cardiff ? :?

Sat May 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Agree, Merlin, but let's get it into context - Wenger preferred a 35 yr old who looked pretty crap at Notts County* over Senderos!

Every game I've seen Senderos play, he's looked slow, made mistakes and looked distinctly average, tbh. Some over team in the continent will probably be after him... but for us, could even be a more expensive Hudson!

* granted, his head was probably all over the place due to not being paid, bit rusty, but even so...

Sat May 29, 2010 2:57 pm

nerd wrote:Agree, Merlin, but let's get it into context - Wenger preferred a 35 yr old who looked pretty crap at Notts County* over Senderos!

Every game I've seen Senderos play, he's looked slow, made mistakes and looked distinctly average, tbh. Some over team in the continent will probably be after him... but for us, could even be a more expensive Hudson!

* granted, his head was probably all over the place due to not being paid, bit rusty, but even so...

If its a loan - then im all for it. Unless of course we can find better quality at a lower or equal price?

WHAT ABOUT BENJANI ? ;)

Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 pm

How on earth would signing Benjani and/or Senderos fit in with the statement from Tan saying the club won't be paying out big money in fees or wages? :?

Sat May 29, 2010 3:11 pm

NJ73 wrote:How on earth would signing Benjani and/or Senderos fit in with the statement from Tan saying the club won't be paying out big money in fees or wages? :?

These were DJ's Targets in January, I asked would you welcome them now ?

Sat May 29, 2010 3:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:How on earth would signing Benjani and/or Senderos fit in with the statement from Tan saying the club won't be paying out big money in fees or wages? :?

If everyone wants the club to be run properly then surely the answer is no?

Sat May 29, 2010 9:08 pm

senderos no. Gets caught out too often. Slow of mind and action.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:09 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

If everyone wants the club to be run properly then surely the answer is no?

The malaysians will still have to take some risks - to be able to announce pushing for a top 2 finish!! and we all know - Tan has money...... :?:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm

they would both be good signings in this league,id be happy with them both

Sat May 29, 2010 10:30 pm

so would i :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 11:39 pm

This is laughable. Senderos is a prem player on large wages, NO WAY would he come to us. Benjani, sligh possibility, he nearly went to notts county, But i feel his wages demnds would well exceed our budget.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:45 pm

i heard wiltshire not sanderos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: