Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED TODAY

Fri May 28, 2010 8:04 pm

I have been in conversations with someone who is close to TG and Vincent Tan and he has given me some lowdown on some of the dealings that is happening and also how the Malaysian consortium is made up.

Firstly the Malaysians have taken 36.75% of shares and of those shares the split is TG 10% and Vincent Tan 90%, so TG has used £600k of his money and Vincent Tan £5.4 million of his. He says that you can expect a steadily run club and not to expect "Abramovich' Chelsea style spending, but more like a Fulham." For those who have asked previously he told me that Vincent Tan is worth 1.25 billion in sterling.

Throughout Vincent Tan's Berjaya group there is a subsidiary called COSWAY, a direct sales company, and that Tan likes the idea of using this COSWAY as our shirt sponsor for next season.
logo.gif

Another fact he told me about is that there is negotiations already underway with a Chinese company for the Stadium Naming Rights which will be worth millions to the club over a sustained period. I was asked not to say anymore on this particular deal and therefore will not.

There is some great news amongst that and I am very excited as a City fan to be part of these times. It is ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHAT I HAVE LEARNED TODAY

Fri May 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Something I forgot, :lol: , with regards to U-Jiun Tan ( Vincent Tans ) becoming a director, I was told " think of it like this Carl, his daddy has bought him a train set, now it depends how big the track he wants to make and how many carriages he wants to buy".

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 pm

It all sounds good Carl, doesn't it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Perhaps we can all get together and celebrate once we get some more news!!!! :D What you say? :ayatollah:

It was great meeting you tonight aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Excellent post Carl and very interesting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 8:31 pm

who is the majority owner now then ?

Fri May 28, 2010 8:38 pm

tidy its all coming together, i bet the jacks are fumming! :D

Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

I thought we signed a two year shirt sponsorship deal with SBOBET in Sept 2009 though ?

Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 pm

yer they can pay that off :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm

good news from a great post, cheers carl.

Fri May 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Carl, can always rely on you for an interesting read mate :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 10:00 pm

well done carl, good bit of journo there, squeezed at the right time a lemon produces much juice :D

onwards and upwards my fellow bluebirds

Sat May 29, 2010 6:33 am

So there we have it next season we'll be playing at the All Gon Wong Stadium ! :roll:

Sat May 29, 2010 7:06 am

Sludge wrote:who is the majority owner now then ?

That would be Vincent Tan Sludge :D

Sat May 29, 2010 7:08 am

blueladd wrote:I thought we signed a two year shirt sponsorship deal with SBOBET in Sept 2009 though ?

May very well have Blueladd but that is what I got told yesterday and this guy was last talking with TG and VT only days ago.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 am

carlccfc wrote:Something I forgot, :lol: , with regards to U-Jiun Tan ( Vincent Tans ) becoming a director, I was told " think of it like this Carl, his daddy has bought him a train set, now it depends how big the track he wants to make and how many carriages he wants to buy".

then I am very happy TG & Borely are involved otherwise I club could be in the hands of a "Playboy son of a billionare" which woulod be a lot of fun but we its time for a bit of stability :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:09 am

Thats a wicked looking logo and would look the dogs bollox on the front of our shirts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:11 am

carlccfc wrote:Something I forgot, :lol: , with regards to U-Jiun Tan ( Vincent Tans ) becoming a director, I was told " think of it like this Carl, his daddy has bought him a train set, now it depends how big the track he wants to make and how many carriages he wants to buy".

Thing is will we be taking the fast track to the Premier League?

Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 am

I just want to point out that I have said Tan is interested in putting COSWAY on the shirts for next year, I have not said he is definately doing it. By the way Tan also owns a betting firm too. ;)

Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 am

These Malaysian's are serious players and do things the correct way.

They already seem a credit to our club.

Sat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Magners wrote:These Malaysian's are serious players and do things the correct way.

They already seem a credit to our club.

I hope we all get behind them and Support them and give them a chance and be patient :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Vincent Tan actually introduced legalised gambling into Malaysia, no mean feat in a Muslim country
which perhaps gives a hint of just how much sway he has over there.

It seems they are looking at us to be a kind of 'Fulham'... well run and living within its means.

If thats the case then we are laughing. We have a far bigger fan base. We have no rich neighbors as
competition, and we have owners looking to sell us to Malaysia which is a pretty much untapped market!
Plus a billionaire backer who has made it obvious he'll be happy to invest more money if things work
out the way we're all hoping

We also have the Academy, the new rules on how far kids can live from their 'parent club' have been
brilliant for City. Chelsea, Man Utd etc are unlikely to gamble on relocating whole families on the chance
that their 12 yr old son may turn into the next Ryan Giggs. In the next few years its fair to say that
all the young talent in S Wales will be knocking on Cardiff's door. They will be queuing up to get their
kids at Cardiff City.

I actually think not going up has done us all a favour. Had we been promoted we'd never have known for
sure how committed TG and Tan were to the club, everyone would have said it was cos of the 90m and
their just here to milk us. Well we now know different, no doubts... we're all in it together, and its going
to be a hell of a ride gents. Thats why im backing Dave Jones against my better judgement. Fresh start
for everyone, including him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:Vincent Tan actually introduced legalised gambling into Malaysia, no mean feat in a Muslim country
which perhaps gives a hint of just how much sway he has over there.

It seems they are looking at us to be a kind of 'Fulham'... well run and living within its means.

If thats the case then we are laughing. We have a far bigger fan base. We have no rich neighbors as
competition, and we have owners looking to sell us to Malaysia which is a pretty much untapped market!
Plus a billionaire backer who has made it obvious he'll be happy to invest more money if things work
out the way we're all hoping

We also have the Academy, the new rules on how far kids can live from their 'parent club' have been
brilliant for City. Chelsea, Man Utd etc are unlikely to gamble on relocating whole families on the chance
that their 12 yr old son may turn into the next Ryan Giggs. In the next few years its fair to say that
all the young talent in S Wales will be knocking on Cardiff's door. They will be queuing up to get their
kids at Cardiff City.

I actually think not going up has done us all a favour. Had we been promoted we'd never have known for
sure how committed TG and Tan were to the club, everyone would have said it was cos of the 90m and
their just here to milk us. Well we now know different, no doubts... we're all in it together, and its going
to be a hell of a ride gents. Thats why im backing Dave Jones against my better judgement. Fresh start
for everyone, including him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very good post. Couldn't agree more :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm

The prospect of Cardiff City in the Premier league NEXT season is probably better than going up this season in the long term. AND if we get up there (which im sure we will) next time around - its a win win situation as we'll all be laughing our f*cking cocks off in the face of those who mocked us this year! believe you me!

The real money will start to flow if we make it next time guys! So our mission as fans is to make the CCS an Earthquake at next season home games! THIS IS A MUST! :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Somebody needs to speak to Borley about the Stewarding inside the CCS. Perhaps
now the ground has been 'broken in' a lot of 'singers' will relocate to closer to the
Grange End, but it was the atmosphere beat Leicester in both those home games.
It was electric, intimidating and uplifting. But standing is going to happen, and the
club need to realise this, do we want fans standing up, getting massively behind the
team. Or do we want to go back to the sterile ground that the CCS started off as???

Sat May 29, 2010 1:39 pm

ooooooooo arrrrrrrrrrrrrr its malaysiaaaaaaaaaa

Sat May 29, 2010 1:40 pm

It's threads like this that make this board so worthwhile. Thanks :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:It's threads like this that make this board so worthwhile. Thanks :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 2:57 pm

So Carl, to clarify (as I'm a bit slow on the uptake today :lol: ), 'U-Juin Tan' has joined the board and is one of Vincent Tan's sons, rather than the U-Juin spelling merely relating to another version of VT's own name?

Peter

Sat May 29, 2010 2:58 pm

How can Tan be the majority shareholder when the Malaysians only own 36.75% of the shares? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, surely the agreement with Sam means any income from stadium naming rights goes directly to him and will therefore not be worth millions to the club?

Sat May 29, 2010 3:16 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

So Carl, to clarify (as I'm a bit slow on the uptake today :lol: ), 'U-Juin Tan' has joined the board and is one of Vincent Tan's sons, rather than the U-Juin spelling merely relating to another version of VT's own name?

Peter

Yes Peter U-Juin ( pronounced Ujean ) is Tan's son