Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gethin Jenkins CEO at CCFC

Fri May 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Met Gethin this evening at CCS and I must say that I am impressed with how he spoke and the way he spoke on how he sees the club moving forward. He admits theer is a lot of hard work in front them but also great opportunitys.

Gethin told us that his appointment had nothing to do with Peter Ridsdale and that the club will live within it's means and we will build with strong financial foundations.

He also told us that he is hopeful that the team wont be ripped apart as a cost cutting exercise but there will undoubtedly be players moved on.

He said that TG was shocked that we did not receive a trophy/plaque or anything despite getting to the 'Final'.

He seemed very relaxed and was approachable, a very nice guy to be fair.

Re: Gethin Jenkins CEO at CCFC

Fri May 28, 2010 8:05 pm

im glad i shouted out to him and stopped im getting in his car and driving off, gave us a chance to get that info off him.

first thing i said was bit diffo to the egg game and was he suprised by anything so far,
his answer was yes loads, but still finding his feet so will take a while to adjust

Fri May 28, 2010 8:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:Met Gethin this evening at CCS and I must say that I am impressed with how he spoke and the way he spoke on how he sees the club moving forward. He admits theer is a lot of hard work in front them but also great opportunitys.

Gethin told us that his appointment had nothing to do with Peter Ridsdale and that the club will live within it's means and we will build with strong financial foundations.

He also told us that he is hopeful that the team wont be ripped apart as a cost cutting exercise but there will undoubtedly be players moved on.

He said that TG was shocked that we did not receive a trophy/plaque or anything despite getting to the 'Final'.

He seemed very relaxed and was approachable, a very nice guy to be fair.

Carl, I found him genuine and he seems sincere and by no means a big head. He also knows he has a big job on his hands sorting the Riddlers mess out.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 pm

comes across as a very level headed fella

with ridsdale you just knew he was a good talker but very little behind it