Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ninian park

Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

any stories from ninian park when you could sneak in ?
remember me an my mate leavin ely at about 11.30 an walking to ground across trelai racecourse then crossing pipe bridge before walking around by bus terminal up side st through gully which ran up beside houses then attempting the wall ! this all before 12.30 lol when we got over we would run to ladies toilet which if you can remember was one cubicle behind refreshments in corner of bobbank near grange end , this is where we hid until we heard voices at about 1ish when turnstiles opened , we would then calmly walk out to the masses of say 2 people, but we where in an by 2.45 we were stood in middle of bobbank under the gantry !
Or we would try the rear of bobbank which was bit more open , we normally done this one when gang of us would go , we would all get over an hide under concrete steps leadin up to bob , gavvers would always see us but only 2 or maybe 3 unlucky ones would be ejected !
great days these !!

Re: ninian park

Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm

:old:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:18 pm

The funniest story I can remember about sneaking in was these two lads jumped the turnstiles and ran in to the Grange End and tried to mingle in with the crowd. They would have got away with it as well if they both wasn't wearing bright green wigs. :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:10 am

when i was a nipper my old man used to make my my little bro crawl between his legs through the turnstile.

probably saved about 50p each time! times may have been tough but we still got to see city every game

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 am

ely trendy wrote:any stories from ninian park when you could sneak in ?
remember me an my mate leavin ely at about 11.30 an walking to ground across trelai racecourse then crossing pipe bridge before walking around by bus terminal up side st through gully which ran up beside houses then attempting the wall ! this all before 12.30 lol when we got over we would run to ladies toilet which if you can remember was one cubicle behind refreshments in corner of bobbank near grange end , this is where we hid until we heard voices at about 1ish when turnstiles opened , we would then calmly walk out to the masses of say 2 people, but we where in an by 2.45 we were stood in middle of bobbank under the gantry !
Or we would try the rear of bobbank which was bit more open , we normally done this one when gang of us would go , we would all get over an hide under concrete steps leadin up to bob , gavvers would always see us but only 2 or maybe 3 unlucky ones would be ejected !
great days these !!

Nice to see you back, missed your posts on here old friend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 am

a mate off mine used to use out of date season tickets he scrounged off season ticket holders who had missed a game or two. ;)

Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 am

I remember the pipe at the top of the racecourse

The water was always a grey colour