Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What would you prefer?

Fri May 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Even though Portsmouth are in administration and relegated a large number of their fans still believe it's been worth it. They've had a few years in the top flight and are pleased that at least they lived the dream for a while.

Cardiff have had a 10 year roller coaster ride and now we hope we've found a safe pair of hands to look after the club.

What would you prefer?

We go for, get to the Prem for 2011/12 but after two seasons we do a Portsmouth, end up relegated and in serious financial trouble.
OR
The new owners play it safe and run Cardiff City as a business. We stay in the championship and after 3 years we are debt free.

I ask this question because when Sam was spending the cash we loved the new found ambition. On black Friday we all woke up and realised what it had cost us.

This time we go forward with the new investors with our eyes wide open.

Should we go for it and live the dream (and the eventual nightmare) or stay a mediocre championship side for the foreseeable future?

Re: What would you prefer?

Fri May 28, 2010 1:01 pm

i would rather play it safe and become debt free.

Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 pm

I agree. Will Portsmouth fans be saying the same if they're wound up in the next few years? A club is better than no club. We'll get there by playing it safe. :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

For their investment to work we need to get there and get there fast. You need to buy to sell, sell being the product Cardiff City to Malaysia.

Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm

play it safe