Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TONIGHT AT 5PM MALAYSIAN TV, MALAYSIAN STAR........

Fri May 28, 2010 12:07 pm

AND THE ECHO AND THE NEWS OF THE WORLD will all be there at 5pm,

so if anyone has MALAYSIAN FLAGS, CARDIFF FLAGS/SHIRTS bring them along, great chance to build up relations in malaysia as this will be plastered across THEIR national press.

look forward to seing as many people there as possible from this forum :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: TONIGHT AT 5PM MALAYSIAN TV, MALAYSIAN STAR........

Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 pm

suppose i could amble over if me washing is dry! :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 1:00 pm

is this outside the CCSC ?

I,m down grangetown later

Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 pm

oops just seen the other thread

arrrggggg

Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:is this outside the CCSC ?

I,m down grangetown later

outside CCS at 5pm :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 1:23 pm

make sure everyone looks their best and dresses approipatly :lol: :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 2:10 pm

also dont forget malay custom
GREETINGS
Man greeting Man – Malay men will use the handshake and also the salaam accompanied with a slight bow. many people use a two handed handshake when greeting and departing.

Woman greeting Woman- Malay women will use the handshake and also the salaam accompanied with a slight bow.

Man greeting Woman - While handshakes are a common form of greeting, many times a simple nod or slight bow will do. Wait for the women to initiate with all three ethnicities.

Eye Contact
Malaysians tend to favor direct eye contact over indirect. However, they may view overtly direct eye contact as suspicious and threatening.
Females tend to prefer more indirect eye contact when dealing with men.

Gestures
People beckon one another by extending an arm and making a scratching motion with their fingers.
Beckoning or pointing with a finger is considered bad form. Using your thumb with the rest of your fingers clenched in fist is the way to go
Always use your right hand only to pass or receive an object.

Personal Space & Touching
Malaysians prefer standing at least arms lengths from one another. Two to three feet is normal. When conversing with friends and close acquaintances this distance is a bit shorter
Amongst friends and close acquaintances of the same sex, there is some touching during conversation. Avoid touching between men and women while conversing.

and the greeting word is welcome (translated)

selamat datang - (celler-mat-da-tang)

Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Jez wrote:suppose i could amble over if me washing is dry! :lol:
go naked :D i am 8-)

Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

make sure you have your bollocks suitably stitched up then :D

Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:also dont forget malay custom
GREETINGS
Man greeting Man – Malay men will use the handshake and also the salaam accompanied with a slight bow. many people use a two handed handshake when greeting and departing.

Woman greeting Woman- Malay women will use the handshake and also the salaam accompanied with a slight bow.

Man greeting Woman - While handshakes are a common form of greeting, many times a simple nod or slight bow will do. Wait for the women to initiate with all three ethnicities.

Eye Contact
Malaysians tend to favor direct eye contact over indirect. However, they may view overtly direct eye contact as suspicious and threatening.
Females tend to prefer more indirect eye contact when dealing with men.

Gestures
People beckon one another by extending an arm and making a scratching motion with their fingers.
Beckoning or pointing with a finger is considered bad form. Using your thumb with the rest of your fingers clenched in fist is the way to go
Always use your right hand only to pass or receive an object.

Personal Space & Touching
Malaysians prefer standing at least arms lengths from one another. Two to three feet is normal. When conversing with friends and close acquaintances this distance is a bit shorter
Amongst friends and close acquaintances of the same sex, there is some touching during conversation. Avoid touching between men and women while conversing.

and the greeting word is welcome (translated)

selamat datang - (celler-mat-da-tang)

Id just love to see the Swansea version of this lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:00 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

PMSL after reading all them greetings i think i will stay at home and just wait to see ya pics in the papers! :lol:

:o Baz naked - i'm offffffffffffffff..................................................

Now typing live from the C.C.S. in Leckwith awaiting the arrival of the naked Bazmeister! :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Gutted i cant go! Mrs is in work at 5pm and i got 3 kiddies to baby sit! :(

never mind - have fun guys. :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 5:51 pm

we did merlin we did :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 5:59 pm

It was nice to meet you guys earlier, (always nice to put a name to a face) can i just say wasn't Josh a really nice Malaysian, i just wanted to pick him up and bring him home with me :lol: :lol:

Had my photo with him.......Hhhhmmmm! dont really want to put it on here though, beacuase WOW my hair was well wind swept :| :|

But here goes......This is Josh & Me :oops: :oops:
P28-05-10_18.05.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:49 pm

hughesygirl wrote:It was nice to meet you guys earlier, (always nice to put a name to a face) can i just say wasn't Josh a really nice Malaysian, i just wanted to pick him up and bring him home with me :lol: :lol:

Had my photo with him.......Hhhhmmmm! dont really want to put it on here though, beacuase WOW my hair was well wind swept :| :|

But here goes......This is Josh & Me :oops: :oops:
P28-05-10_18.05.JPG

Which one's Josh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Seriously, it was good to meet you and put faces to some other names on here. :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Lovely to meet some of you guys and galls tonight espeically HughesyGirl and Mike.

Fair play I loved every minute down there today it was great fun. Mind you I have this feeling Josh wasn't letting us in on everything and we could end up appearing on Malaysia's version of big brother :lol:

In another exclusive Annis was ahead of the game and has already vote Riddler out of the house ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Lovely to meet some of you guys and galls tonight espeically HughesyGirl and Mike.

Fair play I loved every minute down there today it was great fun. Mind you I have this feeling Josh wasn't letting us in on everything and we could end up appearing on Malaysia's version of big brother :lol:

In another exclusive Annis was ahead of the game and has already vote Riddler out of the house ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you Tony Great meeting you too :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way, Josh told my hubby that the family photo he took of my family will be on the Centre part of there Malaysian paper......oooooh were gonna be famous in Malaysia :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 8:01 pm

hahahaha your gonna be a centrefold :lol:

was a good laugh, nice to meet gethin jenkins too, will put some pic's up later got my girl to entertain at the mo.
would so loved to have been a fly on the wall when carl took josh off for that last chat

Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Lovely to meet some of you guys and galls tonight espeically HughesyGirl and Mike.

Thank you Tony Great meeting you too :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way, Josh told my hubby that the family photo he took of my family will be on the Centre part of there Malaysian paper......oooooh were gonna be famous in Malaysia :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good for you HG and fair play I was stood right behind Josh when he took that photo and you all looked absolutely gorgeous :ayatollah: :ayatollah: You never know this time next year you and your lovely family might be the hottest property in Malaysian advertising ;)

Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:hahahaha your gonna be a centrefold :lol:

was a good laugh, nice to meet gethin jenkins too, will put some pic's up later got my girl to entertain at the mo.
would so loved to have been a fly on the wall when carl took josh off for that last chat

Nice to meet you tonight Premier 1 but you have totally ruined my previous perception of you because I now know you are completely nuts. :lol:

That f*cking thing you were wearing with that smiley flag, brilliant. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 8:22 pm

thanks for the compliment TBW :lol:

mozzer i know who you are now ;)