Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO WE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT

Fri May 28, 2010 10:10 am

Craig Bellamy will drop a Division and wages to come to Cardiff City,(Yes Cardiff have Def shown interest in him :ayatollah: ) ?

Also Joe ledley will he choose us or go for Rangers/Westham/Stoke etc ?

Re: DO WE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT

Fri May 28, 2010 10:13 am

i think he will if he does come i think it could also make ledley sign a new contract :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 10:14 am

I reckon if we offer the wages he wants, he will come. Some things in football are more important than money and trophies.

Fri May 28, 2010 10:22 am

cant see it myself sorry!!

Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 am

jog on milly

Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 am

m.davies wrote:jog on milly

bring me a cup of tea up please mate, 2 sugars :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 10:28 am

sorry lad just made one for myself

Fri May 28, 2010 10:29 am

m.davies wrote:sorry lad just made one for myself

il send chloe down then ;) (if only i could see the full on bite i am getting right now) :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 am

I think Bellamy was being lined up as a loan signing if we had reached the Premiership, possibly along with Pennant, that was plan A, not sure what plan B is though.

Fri May 28, 2010 10:36 am

il send chloe down then ;) (if only i could see the full on bite i am getting right now) :lol:[/quote]

i hate you!

Fri May 28, 2010 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy will drop a Division and wages to come to Cardiff City,(Yes Cardiff have Def shown interest in him :ayatollah: ) ?

in all honesty I think Bellamy will be going to Spurs but if we had gone up it would have been a possibility. I think Ledley will go to a Premiership club because he is a Premiership player in my opinion and deserves a shot at it but if we had gone up he would definately have stayed. I think Koumas is a big possibility because Jones got the best out of him and he seemed to enjoy his time here.

Fri May 28, 2010 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy will drop a Division and wages to come to Cardiff City,(Yes Cardiff have Def shown interest in him :ayatollah: ) ?

I cant see it to be honest, he may have agreed if we went up but cant see him wanting to drop a division and fat Toshack would persuade him not to do it. Joe, I think he may stay if right offer was made and only club I think Joe would go to is Everton as it was his childhood club, Stoke would not suit his style of football, Hammers maybe but Rangers why, why would anyone who has ambition take a backward step to SPL. Rangers are financially 10 times worse off than us and only reason players go there is merely for the money and possibly a few games in europe, it would be a backward step no doubt about it.

Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

bellamy will go to spurs i think we are 2 seasons to early for him to come home

Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think Bellamy was being lined up as a loan signing if we had reached the Premiership, possibly along with Pennant, that was plan A, not sure what plan B is though.

dont be silly this is cardiff we dont have a plan B, tell him annis :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 am

bellamy travels fromm his cardiff home to training in manchester everyday and is pissed off with it, he lives near ccfc training ground and gets on well with dave jones also he is in his last year of his contract with man city and he can buy it out maybe cardiff will give him a big singing on fee to cover that ? craig has always said that he will play for cardiff one day and has also said he only has 2 years left in football, i think he knows he will be a legend in cardiff and wales if he comes to us!

bellamy is coming ! :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I think Bellamy was being lined up as a loan signing if we had reached the Premiership, possibly along with Pennant, that was plan A, not sure what plan B is though.

dont be silly this is cardiff we dont have a plan B, tell him annis :lol:

:lol: Only quoting what DJ said on SSN last week. :lol:

Fri May 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Bellemy, no chance. News paper selling exercise.
Joe not bothered if he does go. Honestly believe he's over rated

Fri May 28, 2010 1:49 pm

i can't see bellamy coming here myself but the fact that the club have approached him is very encouraging :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 pm

cant see bellemy leaving the prem just yet.

as for joe i think he will stay

Fri May 28, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm just glad we've got a Plan B for a change. :D

Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I'd love it....

But no don't believe it!

Ceri :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Bellamy no. Joe yes.

Fri May 28, 2010 3:27 pm

I dont want Bellamy another year or two down the line! He'll be right fucked up by then! probably have a customised Zimmer on order too!

BELLAMY - It's now or never son! get your arse home! :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Just to clear up the wage debate, he would come to Cardiff if HE wanted to...he hasn't touched his wages since he played for Newcastle..it's just been piling up!

I feel the time is right for him.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:47 pm

No

Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Bellamy, believe it or not ISNT a big spender, is wise with his money, and doesnt go round splashing it about like some people! He has invested some money into good causes, including a Craig Bellamy Soccer School in Sierra Lione which you can quite easily google! His interest has been enough for his normal day to day living, and he has plenty to live on if he gave up football TOMORROW!

The question is - Does he have the balls to quit the premiership (Albeit, for one season! :ayatollah: ) and become a legend by taking CCFC back to the big time? also showing up the (as mentioned) big time charlies in the prem with two fingers aloft!

or Will champions league football on offer at clubs LIKE tottenham be too much for him to turn down. Bellamy hasnt won any big championship or cup medals etc. and needs success to feel complete?

I think its now all down to the lad himself to make a decision. Cant really see money bags Man City standing in his way?

Fri May 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Paying those kind of wages (that Bellamy would want) would get you into more trouble and I think the Malaysians would have to sell some big names in order to trim the wage bill down to accommodate Craig. The new board have to get Cardiff on a sound footing first before thinking about splashing out. Had you won last saturday, I think you would have signed him.
Priority must be defenders and a midfielder for you as your frontline does the biz.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:50 pm

I know that if Bellamy did come to us, the extra revenue required to meet his wages would be made by the extra support that would come through the turnstiles, surely he would put a couple of thousand on the gate and if we get off to a good start we could easily average 23,000/23,500 next season with 5 or 6 sell out games, shirts with his name on would also be in great demand meaning more income.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Merlin wrote:The question is - Does he have the balls to quit the premiership (Albeit, for one season! :ayatollah: ) and become a legend by taking CCFC back to the big time? also showing up the (as mentioned) big time charlies in the prem with two fingers aloft!

Thats a good post mate!!! I reckon bellamy deffinetly has the balls to step into the championship and I think he wouldnt give a shit what the premiership big boys would think!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Merlin wrote:The question is - Does he have the balls to quit the premiership (Albeit, for one season! :ayatollah: ) and become a legend by taking CCFC back to the big time? also showing up the (as mentioned) big time charlies in the prem with two fingers aloft!

Thats a good post mate!!! I reckon bellamy deffinetly has the balls to step into the championship and I think he wouldnt give a shit what the premiership big boys would think!!!! :ayatollah:

Why thank you sir! :ayatollah: and one of the shortest posts i ever did! :lol:
maybe i should stop the essays! :old: