Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO JUST HOW BIG WILL THE COUNTRY OF MALAYSIA BE

Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 am

FOR US... From what I can gather Tan and TG are very big deals in Malaysia... A few seasons ago Manchester United went on a pre-season tour..that shows you the kind of market out there!

So if we can get the country behind us, that could be massive in regards to revenue!! so big it could turn us into a big Premiership club on it's own!!

What's your take on the actual fan base in Malaysia...and what it could do for us!

I'm absolutely chuffed that we have Tan an TG, who knows maybe they'll bring more investment from the Malay friends!!

This could be the rocket that sends us all the way!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SO JUST HOW BIG WILL THE COUNTRY OF MALAYSIA BE

Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am

I think you're right. The Malaysian market is massive. The FIFA computer games were using the Malaysians leagues well before the Japanese and South Korean leagues in their games. I think the fact we're a capital city as well means our profile will be huge and it will increase Malaysian tourism levels here too.

It's a massive potential goldmine but it's by no means guaranteed. We'll need to do the business on the pitch for it to be a success but if we are successful, the glory is there to be had.

Re: SO JUST HOW BIG WILL THE COUNTRY OF MALAYSIA BE

Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 am

Well in that case I think the Welsh Gov should do a "Real Madrid" and help fund us.... they will benefit with all the things that go with a City having Premiership football!!

They should us us sign the big players! lol....