Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Malasians have done their homework....

Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm

with regards to the potential of Cardiff City FC.

I am sure they could have invested in many other UK based clubs, however, they must have seen the steady growth of the club over the past 10 years, as proof that if succesful , the capital city football club could be a top ten Premier League club.

The Larger urban zone of Cardiff commands a population of almost 842,000, and as a one city club with its unique Welsh identity, the potential of regular crowds in excess of 40,000 week in week out is more than realistic.

They must have also been encouraged by the apparent eagerness of the Local Council and media to buy into the Premiership dream and its eargerness to work hand in hand with the football club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larger_Urban_Zone

Re: The Malasians have done their homework....

Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 pm

I think TG hates the English as much as us.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I think TG hates the English as much as us.

are you welsh ever gonna get over it for gods sake

Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 pm

rob wrote:

get over what exactly?

Fri May 28, 2010 5:44 am

rob wrote:

Cant see it happening in the near future.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:38 am

Simple.

We have debts of £15 Million.....

The club as a whole is estimated to be valued at £35 Million... :geek:

Fri May 28, 2010 6:42 am

its a good buy in the eyes of multi billionaires :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am

What exactly is there % share.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:What exactly is there % share.

My understanding BA is the Malaysians own 49% of the issued shares. There is however a number of unissued shares avaiable. If these shares were bought by someone other than the Malaysians then their holding would drop to 30%.

Alternatively if the Malaysians bought up the spare capacity their holding would increase to around 60-70%

Fri May 28, 2010 8:06 am

If they went over 51% wouldn't they have to do a full take over??

Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 am

Bigbluebird wrote:If they went over 51% wouldn't they have to do a full take over??

only applies to listed companies (which are plc's and not ltd's) and that figure is 75%.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 am

Feedback wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:If they went over 51% wouldn't they have to do a full take over??

only applies to listed companies (which are plc's and not ltd's) and that figure is 75%.

Cheers :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 9:34 am

These guys know exactly what they are doing! :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:What exactly is there % share.

My understanding BA is the Malaysians own 49% of the issued shares. There is however a number of unissued shares avaiable. If these shares were bought by someone other than the Malaysians then their holding would drop to 30%.

Alternatively if the Malaysians bought up the spare capacity their holding would increase to around 60-70%

Many sections of the media keep referring to this 49% figure , so I can understand why people believe it.

In fact , their £6m would have bought them only 30.46% of the 125,531,432 shares in issue should all the existing shareholders taken up their option of buying a further 12,746,973 shares for £2m and should all creditors have exercised their full options to convert part of their debt into shares.

Even if TG/Vincent Tan took up the whole of the rest of the 34,468,568 shares available for issue (taking the total up to 160m) in future , that would only increase their holding to 42.30%.

As it happens , the take up of shares by existing shareholders by the 25 May deadline was very poor , with only approx. £130k subscribed for , plus a further £200k in total from A Whiteley and S Borley (using their undrawn stadium completion bonuses). This equates to approx. 2.1m shares.Also , only 12,813,626 of the proposed 33,208,782 shares to be issued to creditors in lieu of their debts have been converted to date.

So the total shares now in issue is approx. 94.5m , of which TG/VT hold 38.2m (40.4%). If the club takes up its option of getting PMG(before Jan 2012) and M Isaac(before Sept 2010) to convert more debt to shares , the shares in issue will increase to 114.9m and the Malaysian holding will reduce to 33.2%.

Sorry for all the figures , but they are needed to try and expalain the true current position.

Keith

Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

I'm confused.com :? :? :?

So what would it take for Tan an TG to own the club out right?

Fri May 28, 2010 7:04 pm

couldn't have as dj is still in charge! 442 jones don't panic.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:20 pm

since62 wrote:

Many sections of the media keep referring to this 49% figure , so I can understand why people believe it.

In fact , their £6m would have bought them only 30.46% of the 125,531,432 shares in issue should all the existing shareholders taken up their option of buying a further 12,746,973 shares for £2m and should all creditors have exercised their full options to convert part of their debt into shares.

Even if TG/Vincent Tan took up the whole of the rest of the 34,468,568 shares available for issue (taking the total up to 160m) in future , that would only increase their holding to 42.30%.

As it happens , the take up of shares by existing shareholders by the 25 May deadline was very poor , with only approx. £130k subscribed for , plus a further £200k in total from A Whiteley and S Borley (using their undrawn stadium completion bonuses). This equates to approx. 2.1m shares.Also , only 12,813,626 of the proposed 33,208,782 shares to be issued to creditors in lieu of their debts have been converted to date.

So the total shares now in issue is approx. 94.5m , of which TG/VT hold 38.2m (40.4%). If the club takes up its option of getting PMG(before Jan 2012) and M Isaac(before Sept 2010) to convert more debt to shares , the shares in issue will increase to 114.9m and the Malaysian holding will reduce to 33.2%.

Sorry for all the figures , but they are needed to try and expalain the true current position.

Keith

I think I followed that but correct me if I am wrong. At present TG/VT hold 40.4% of the shares in issue but that could drop to 33.2% if the current unissued shares are taken up by other investors or are used in a future debt for equity swap?

Sat May 29, 2010 7:38 am

as there are shares still available, how much is the current share price - was it 00.45 pence ? What is the current share price - I presume its increased and how do I buy some ?

Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 am

is there a minimum cash amount you can purchase, i thought i read it was 2K

Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:

Keith

I think I followed that but correct me if I am wrong. At present TG/VT hold 40.4% of the shares in issue but that could drop to 33.2% if the current unissued shares are taken up by other investors or are used in a future debt for equity swap?

It will drop to 33.2% if the club takes up the option to convert some more of the debt due to PMG and M Isaac into shares.

It would have dropped still further , to about 30.5% , if all the existing shareholders had taken up the offer to subscribe to new shares. As it happens , only about 15% of the shares expected to be bought actually were.

Sat May 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Joff wrote:as there are shares still available, how much is the current share price - was it 00.45 pence ? What is the current share price - I presume its increased and how do I buy some ?

The shares were being offered at 15.69p each , but only to existing shareholders , with a purchase deadline of 25 March and a minimum purchase of £1,000.

Hopefully , there will be an extended deadline to purchase on a similar basis in future (Alan Whitely indicated at the EGM on Thursday that this would be considered.)

Sat May 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Keith how would Tan go about a full take over then?

Sat May 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Joff wrote:with regards to the potential of Cardiff City FC.

I am sure they could have invested in many other UK based clubs, however, they must have seen the steady growth of the club over the past 10 years, as proof that if succesful , the capital city football club could be a top ten Premier League club.

The Larger urban zone of Cardiff commands a population of almost 842,000, and as a one city club with its unique Welsh identity, the potential of regular crowds in excess of 40,000 week in week out is more than realistic.

They must have also been encouraged by the apparent eagerness of the Local Council and media to buy into the Premiership dream and its eargerness to work hand in hand with the football club.

What is interesting is Cardiff has the 10th Largest urban zone in the UK. Cardiff also has the 2nd Largest urban zone in the UK with only one football club, Newcastle is the Largest.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Magners wrote:
Joff wrote:with regards to the potential of Cardiff City FC.

What is interesting is Cardiff has the 10th Largest urban zone in the UK. Cardiff also has the 2nd Largest urban zone in the UK with only one football club, Newcastle is the Largest.

Indeed , although we do have a few rugby clubs within our LUD, which I guess is the equivelant of a second side.