Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where are we going to get £7m from ?

Thu May 27, 2010 7:35 pm

As great as it might seem for Bellamy to come we have to remember the money that has just come in is ging to be swallowed quickly, we still have a hefty wage bill to pay over ths ummer and a long list of creditors.

So, how on earth are we going to pay £7m for Bellamy AND if we have got that sort of money to spend wouldnt we be better off getting 7 £1m players to build the squad to where it needs to be for promotion ?

Also, anyone else worried we might be going down the old road again ?

Re: Where are we going to get £7m from ?

Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 pm

i am worried by it, what about spending 3 mill on a class midfield player

Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 pm

rorkes drift wrote:i am worried by it, what about spending 3 mill on a class midfield player

Koumas springs to mind or nigel reo coker, I believe wigan are looking to release koumas anyway!!!!! i reckon we will sell ledley for 4-5 million and put that towards bellamy in an ideal world, if it happens great!!

Thu May 27, 2010 7:46 pm

brewer918 wrote:
rorkes drift wrote:i am worried by it, what about spending 3 mill on a class midfield player

Koumas springs to mind or nigel reo coker, I believe wigan are looking to release koumas anyway!!!!! i reckon we will sell ledley for 4-5 million and put that towards bellamy in an ideal world, if it happens great!!

Reo-Coker would be a superb signing.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Bellamy is not signing for us - he was going to and was all up for it if we had won on weekend. I have it from a good source that we cannot possibly meet his wages and transfer fee. I am not naming my source as he will be unhappy if he is disclosed.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:07 pm

where are we gonna get 7M from?????
dont make melaugh, i did tell you boys, these malaysians are rich. the riddler gambled but didnt have any money, these people are different league.
i`ve said it 3 times now, THERE WILL BE NO COST CUTTING ...listen mun

Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Lawnmower wrote:As great as it might seem for Bellamy to come we have to remember the money that has just come in is ging to be swallowed quickly, we still have a hefty wage bill to pay over ths ummer and a long list of creditors.

So, how on earth are we going to pay £7m for Bellamy AND if we have got that sort of money to spend wouldnt we be better off getting 7 £1m players to build the squad to where it needs to be for promotion ?

Not sure where you get £7m from? I assume if the Bellamy deal happens he will come on loan and CCFC will pay at most £40k of his wages.

That is around £2m over the season.

Although where the f**k are we getting £2m from is a valid question.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:13 pm

brewer918 wrote:

Did you not know Ledley was available on a free transfer?

Bellamy deal is only a distant dream at the moment.

So, how on earth are we going to pay £7m for Bellamy

Who said a transfer fee was involved?

Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:As great as it might seem for Bellamy to come we have to remember the money that has just come in is ging to be swallowed quickly, we still have a hefty wage bill to pay over ths ummer and a long list of creditors.

Not sure where you get £7m from? I assume if the Bellamy deal happens he will come on loan and CCFC will pay at most £40k of his wages.

The sale of A player ?

Thu May 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Merlin wrote:

The sale of A player ?

Whittingham? or we might just scrape £2m in compo for Ledley if he goes to Everton or Stoke.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Whittingham? or we might just scrape £2m in compo for Ledley if he goes to Everton or Stoke.

If ledley doesnt take up his new offer from CCFC - then you'd hope he'd do the club a favour and at least put us in a financial position where we could at least get back SOME money from him leaving.... The premiership is a better bet for him anyway if he doesnt stay with us. although, as a previous poster said, Wouldn't he feel slightly agreived if we were to make the premiership next season, and he'b be playing against us, or on the bench for another club? or at worst - be part of a relegated premiership team ?

Fri May 28, 2010 6:01 am

Ledley maybe out of contract but, unless I am mistaken, it does not follow that we will get nothing for him. Owing to his age we will be entitled to some form of compensation - provided he signs for a team in the English FA.

There was plenty of reported £6m interest last summer. Someone mentioned an £8.2m bid by WIgan in January. However, as I live in Wigan, I can confirm nothing was reported in the local press - or indeed by those friends I have who work within the DW Stadium.

Suffice to say I think we could get £4m compensation.

As to Bellamy it is not a question as to whether CCFC can afford him. It is a question of whether our new owners want him within their club as an asset. We are now part of a much larger organisation and the £7m wages will be made up several fold when we get promoted automatically as per their plans.

Additionally there will be the increased revenue on match days and of course in the club shop.

It would also, hopefully, pursuade the likes of Ledley to stay at the club also.