Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An historic day

Thu May 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Today is an historic day for our football club. I believe that as of today the future for CCFC is indeed bright.

I also have a very strong belief that the march which was organised by Annis and our colleagues on here was indeed a catalyst for what has happened today. I believe that with that march TG and the Malaysians saw what this club means to so many people and it also reinforced what they thought of Ridsdale.

These thoughts will probably be laughed down by some, especially those on the other message board, but I really do not think we would be where we are today without the march. We would probably already hav egone into administration as the judge would not have give the club another chance at the last hearing.

So tonight, I will raise a glass to you Annis and the others who organised the march. You had a very big part to play in saving this club.

Thank you and well done.

Re: An historic day

Thu May 27, 2010 6:50 pm

From potential bankruptcy to talking about signing Bellamy - simply incredible

Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Today is an historic day for our football club. I believe that as of today the future for CCFC is indeed bright.

I also have a very strong belief that the march which was organised by Annis and our colleagues on here was indeed a catalyst for what has happened today. I believe that with that march TG and the Malaysians saw what this club means to so many people and it also reinforced what they thought of Ridsdale.

These thoughts will probably be laughed down by some, especially those on the other message board, but I really do not think we would be where we are today without the march. We would probably already hav egone into administration as the judge would not have give the club another chance at the last hearing.

So tonight, I will raise a glass to you Annis and the others who organised the march. You had a very big part to play in saving this club.

Thank you and well done.

Cheers, A FEW THOUSAND RAISES OFF GLASSES and THEY EVEN KEEP Still showing The Demos/Marches as THE RIDDLER DEPARTS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:06 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Today is an historic day for our football club. I believe that as of today the future for CCFC is indeed bright.

Thank you and well done.

IT REALLY WAS A PIVOTAL MOMENT FOR CCFC THE DAY THOUSANDS OF US MARCHED ON MARCH 5TH 2010 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 pm

We now know that Vincent Tan had doubts about investing in a football club because he feared that eventually fans turned against it's owners. This was probably the line Ridsdale was using to destablise the Trust and why they wavered.

However, the march was conducted in a professional and honourable way which left Vincent Tan and TG hugely impressed because that is how they do business themselves.

IMO it is no co-incidence that a few days later Steve Borley returned from Malaysia with an agreement from VT & TG to invest in CCFC.

At the end of the day we can make statements, talk the talk or even beg. But in desperate times someone eventually has to make a call and those 2,000 fans plus their organisers made one hell of a call that CCFC will never forget.

Definatley our finest hour

Thu May 27, 2010 9:22 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 7:56 am

Thank you and well done.

No offence mate but forget the other messageboard!! Who cares?

I think the march was timed well. It helped alienate ridsdale even further and I daresay
Any ideas the malaysians had about working through the takeover with ridsdale were
Completely blown out of the water! It certainly showed THEM in a good light because
After the march the way they ostracised riddles was cold,obvious and sent out a deliberate
Message to the fans....'We hear you-and we will listen'

Fri May 28, 2010 8:36 am

[quote="croesybluebird"]Today is an historic day for our football club. I believe that as of today the future for CCFC is indeed bright.

Thank you and well done.[/quote="croesybluebird"]

Correct, not only on Mikes board but on any board. How anyone with an iota of inteligence can come to such a conclusion is beyond reasonable thinking. Carry on patting each other on the back if it makes you feel good. :roll: