Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A PIECE OF HISTORY WAS MADE TODAY"

Thu May 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Milly and I went down to Costa Rica Coffee shop for Breakfast at 9am and met up with Keith Morgan(Since 62)and Mike Roderick( NEW Vice Chairman of The Trust), then met up with Big Sam.
We all went in the EGM for 10am. Already missing from the Board of Directors were Keith Harris(What did he ever achieve for us lol) and Alan Flintcroft (Financial Director).

I was expecting The Riddler to give one of his famous Speeches but he never, we were well prepared with Questions about where all the money has gone and I even had 2 Questions from Sam Hammam, They were not needed as he never did any famous good bye speech, in fact he just asked us to vote on the 3 Resolutions in which we All did :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then some Berk from the back who had been shaking the Riddlers hand non stop before the meeting had started stood up and said on behalf of Cardiff City Football Club and its fans We would like to Thank Peter Ridsdale for All he has done, Everyone applauded except 3 people MikeRoderick, Milly and Myself, Sorry Cant be a double header.

Then TG made a Speech that made me really believe we will be finally going for it from the Start next Season. We were now going to be 2 Countries as one, Wales and Malaysia. He said he was Honoured to be the New Chairman of Our Club and that he did not want any more near heart attacks like the play offs again and was set on a top 2 Finish next Season :ayatollah: But he also Said Very Strongly he would be running Our club like a Business :ayatollah: He talked about how great it had been to see a Cardiff/Swansea game :ayatollah:
He did Not Personally Thank Ridsdale for anything he had done for Cardiff City. TG had a very rousing Applause :ayatollah:

Ridsdale then rapped the meeting up after Since 62 asked some questions regarding The Share Sales, which the replies from Whitley the Company Secretary kept saying we will look at it etc. The meeting lasted no longer than 15 minutes and TG laughed by saying it was the Shortest meeting he had ever been in, but a good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ridsdale then stepped down :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Outside Milly and I spoke to the malaysian Press which I will say about later :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE NOW START A NEW ERA and I BELIEVE THINGS OFF THE FIELD and ON THE FIELD CAN ONLY GET BETTER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " A BIT OF HISTORY MADE TODAY"

Thu May 27, 2010 2:55 pm

:ayatollah: Onwards and Upwards Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 pm

and we got the second best manager in the division :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Milly and I went down to Costa Rica Coffee shop for Breakfast at 9am and met up with Keith Morgan(Since 62)and Mike Roderick( NEW Vice Chairman of The Trust), then met up with Big Sam.
We all went in the EGM for 10am. Already missing from the Board of Directors were Keith Harris(What did he ever achieve for us lol) and Alan Flintcroft (Financial Director).

I was expecting The Riddler to give one of his famous Speeches but he never, we were well prepared with Questions about where all the money has gone and I even had 2 Questions from Sam Hammam, They were not needed as he never did any famous good bye speech, in fact he just asked us to vote on the 3 Resolutions in which we All did :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then some Berk from the back who had been shaking the Riddlers hand non stop before the meeting had started stood up and said on behalf of Cardiff City Football Club and its fans We would like to Thank Peter Ridsdale for All he has done, Everyone applauded except 3 people MikeRoderick, Milly and Myself, Sorry Cant be a double header.

Then TG made a Speech that made me really believe we will be finally going for it from the Start next Season. We were now going to be 2 Countries as one, Wales and Malaysia. He said he was Honoured to be the New Chairman of Our Club and that he did not want any more near heart attacks like the play offs again and was set on a top 2 Finish next Season :ayatollah: But he also Said Very Strongly he would be running Our club like a Business :ayatollah: He talked about how great it had been to see a Cardiff/Swansea game :ayatollah:
He did Not Personally Thank Ridsdale for anything he had done for Cardiff City. TG had a very rousing Applause :ayatollah:

Ridsdale then rapped the meeting up after Since 62 asked some questions regarding The Share Sales, which the replies from Whitley the Company Secretary kept saying we will look at it etc. The meeting lasted no longer than 15 minutes and TG laughed by saying it was the Shortest meeting he had ever been in, but a good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Outside Milly and I spoke to the malaysian Press which I will say about later :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE NOW START A NEW ERA and I BELIEVE THINGS OFF THE FIELD and ON THE FIELD CAN ONLY GET BETTER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Errrr - I met you lot when you came in and I sat behind you at the back with Big Sam. I can guarantee you that we did not clap the Yorkshire b*stard. In fact, there were a few more around us who didn't as well.

Re: " A PIECE OF HISTORY MADE TODAY"

Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Milly and I went down to Costa Rica Coffee shop for Breakfast at 9am and met up with Keith Morgan(Since 62)and Mike Roderick( NEW Vice Chairman of The Trust), then met up with Big Sam.

Oi , don`t start on me Mr Abraham !! :lol:

You didn`t see my hands being put together for applause either :roll:

Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Finally it looks like our club is moving in the right direction, on and off the field. Hopefully now we can enjoy the summer and look forward to the start of the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Great to hear :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , Sorry it looked like only 3 of us never clapped and sort of backed by Borley who only tapped his hand. :lol:

And now I even got it wrong On keith :oops: :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Annis, after Saturdays disappointments, It's good to see you looking more positive and optimistic. Things can only move upwards from here, Lets hope TG allows Jones a pot of gold to strengthen the team, Im sure we can now attract far better players to our club. As for The meeting today - "GOODBYE RIDDERS" - "you fat yorkshire greedy b*stard!"
:wave: :wave: :occasion7: :occasion9: :occasion1: :occasion9: :occasion7: :wave: :wave:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:05 pm

TG seemed extremely positive today :D
and seems to have a sense of humour to go with it.
a strong business plan, and his heart in CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:09 pm

fatastic news, all sounds very positive.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 pm

milly44 wrote:TG seemed extremely positive today :D
and seems to have a sense of humour to go with it.
a strong business plan, and his heart in CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah:

Seemed very positive? - He was like a kid in a sweetshop & didn't stop smiling :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Merlin wrote:

Annis, after Saturdays disappointments, It's good to see you looking more positive and optimistic. Things can only move upwards from here, Lets hope TG allows Jones a pot of gold to strengthen the team, Im sure we can now attract far better players to our club. As for The meeting today - "GOODBYE RIDDERS" - "you fat yorkshire greedy b*stard!"
:wave: :wave: :occasion7: :occasion9: :occasion1: :occasion9: :occasion7: :wave: :wave:

Merlin, I have been on a Real Downer Since Saturday like many of you and TODAY HAS MADE ME REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT SEASON.

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for this Annis. Sounds like the Riddler could not get away quick enough. Good riddance to him. :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Thanks for this Annis. Sounds like the Riddler could not get away quick enough. Good riddance to him. :ayatollah:

Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was gone quick and will prob be never seen at Our Stadium again.

Thu May 27, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm truly fucked off with this inner circle shit!! I WANT IN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news, I did say from the moment I had a meeting with TG several months back that he was just the person we needed and I left him feeling very positive! ... and now I'm glad you'll all see that! onwards and upwards!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:

I'm truly fucked off with this inner circle shit!! I WANT IN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news, I did say from the moment I had a meeting with TG several months back that he was just the person we needed and I left him feeling very positive! ... and now I'm glad you'll all see that! onwards and upwards!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Paul, I am staying out of the inner circle next Season.
Back to being a Fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:

Come on BB you were in the original TG inner circle and an operative in the Malaysian Intelligence Service getting private Emails and invites to St Davids Hotel :lol:

Not only that you get loads of FAO as well :evil:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm

There is so much to be positive about. We're the fastest growing European capital city. We have the the 5th largest property portfolio in Britain only behind metropolis' like London, Birmingham, Manchester etc. Our population is growing. The football club have improved their league position yet again. The debts compared to other clubs are minimal and compared to the potential of the club really aren't a problem.

Even if the Malaysians only invest £10m next year it will be enough I reckon and they'll reap the rewards with promotion. Yes, it is a gamble but not a massive gamble.

The Malaysians know what they're doing. Success is far from guaranteed but they're backing the right horse. Next season we can make the top two. In fact, I look at the teams in our division and I don't fear anyone. If we can keep Joe, Jay, Chops and Whitts plus add to that, we have every reason to go for the title. That's not me expecting too much, that's me knowing what we have and the potential of it. :ayatollah:

Now wonder TG sounds positive. He's sitting on a potential goldmine!

Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Paul, I am staying out of the inner circle next Season.
Back to being a Fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You are only jealous because you weren`t in the "inner inner circle" with me and Big Sam having a Subway afterwards :lol: Just because you couldn`t remember where you parked your car - a feeble excuse :D

Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 pm

:lol:

Keith, I would love to have joined you but I had a meeting to go to, I would of eaten 2 of them any way :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great to hear :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , Sorry it looked like only 3 of us never clapped and sort of backed by Borley who only tapped his hand. :lol:

I didn't clap either.

Nor the blond woman sat to my right, or a few others .

He's been well paid and gambled with our club. He might have got lucky, and he might also have worked hard, but I don't feel we owe him anything.

The off-field events of the last 6 months have added years on me !

I clapped TG though -heartily, I'm getting to like him he's quietly spoken but seems to have a real determination and spirit about him. The club already feels more professional - no embarrasingly staged presentation, like the last EGM just a short honest speech from the heart from the man.

I'm also encouraged by the new CEO, for those who don't follow the egg, the Dragons commercial operation was far better than a club of its size warranted. He mentioned to Keith, while I was waiting to ask Keith a question that he was a long-term City fan too -which has to be a good thing :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Great to hear :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , Sorry it looked like only 3 of us never clapped and sort of backed by Borley who only tapped his hand. :lol:

I didn't clap either.

He's been well paid and gambled with our club. He might have got lucky, and he might also have worked hard, but I don't feel we owe him anything.

I clapped TG though -heartily, I'm getting to like him he's quietly spoken but seems to have a real determination and spirit about him. The club already feels more professional - no embarrasingly staged presentation, like the last EGM just a short honest speech from the heart from the man.

I'm also encouraged by the new CEO, for those who don't follow the egg, the Dragons commercial operation was far better than a club of its size warranted. He mentioned to Keith, while I was waiting to ask Keith a question that he was a long-term City fan too -which has to be a good thing :ayatollah:

:oops:

Sorry once again, Tim, I Really though there was only a couple of us who stood by our Morals :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Come on BB you were in the original TG inner circle and an operative in the Malaysian Intelligence Service getting private Emails and invites to St Davids Hotel :lol:

Not only that you get loads of FAO as well :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I prefer not to talk about my days with the M.I.S.... I've signed a secrecy contract!.....

I have to go now... I'm picking TG up for dinner, got to get the candles ready..... :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Thanks for this Annis. Sounds like the Riddler could not get away quick enough. Good riddance to him. :ayatollah:

Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was gone quick and will prob be never seen at Our Stadium again.
the fucker turned up again after you left :o

Re: " A PIECE OF HISTORY WAS MADE TODAY"

Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 pm

glad to hear you have turned the corner annis :D never know you may even get around to liking DJ :lol:

i text the riddler earlier saying "we were having a party knowing he had gone, and i hoped he didnt get a job ever again in football goodbye you fat yorkshire tw*t" he replyed to me with a simple " :D "

prick as he is

Thu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm

I didn't clap either.

I'm also encouraged by the new CEO, for those who don't follow the egg, the Dragons commercial operation was far better than a club of its size warranted. He mentioned to Keith, while I was waiting to ask Keith a question that he was a long-term City fan too -which has to be a good thing :ayatollah:[/quote]

Sorry once again, Tim, I Really though there was only a couple of us who stood by our Morals :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

No worries Annis, I was at the back so you wouldn't have known anyway. :ayatollah:

I

Re: " A PIECE OF HISTORY WAS MADE TODAY"

Thu May 27, 2010 6:39 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:glad to hear you have turned the corner annis :D never know you may even get around to liking DJ :lol:

i text the riddler earlier saying "we were having a party knowing he had gone, and i hoped he didnt get a job ever again in football goodbye you fat yorkshire tw*t" he replyed to me with a simple " :D "

prick as he is

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I didn't clap either.

Sorry once again, Tim, I Really though there was only a couple of us who stood by our Morals :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

No worries Annis, I was at the back so you wouldn't have known anyway. :ayatollah:

I[/quote]
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: