Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REPORT FROM THE EGM

Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 am

Just back from the EGM and agreed with Annis to post a quick report up on here. TLG (boo, hiss) may write a more detailed account in his blog in due course.

Attendance was much lower than the last EGM, maybe (60?) shareholders in total. Present on the podium were Steve Borley, Ridders, TG and Alan Whitely. Mike Hall and Paul Guy were interested spectators.

The meeting was done and dusted in 15 minutes. It concentrated solely on the business in hand, namely 3 resolutions to be voted on which authorised the directors to increase the share capital of the club. Not gonna go into the technical details but in essence, the shareholders who currently own slices of the Cardiff City cake were being asked to vote on making the cake bigger so that the Malysians can have a (big) slice and existing shareholders can enlarge their slices. Ridders asked for any questions relating to the resolutions before putting each them to the vote. There were no questions at all and when each resolution was put to the vote, they were accepted overwhelmingly (and unanimously, I think) by a show of hands. Ridders then formally closed the meeting but asked TG to say a few words.

TG spoke of feeling honoured and privileged to becomed involved at CCFC, of the warm welcome he had received in Wales and spoke of 2 nations (Wales and Malaysia) now being behind Cardiff City. The thrust of his message was hey, Saturday was fun but for the sake of his health and ours, let's do it the easier way next season by finishing in the top 2. He sounded very confident of mounting another promotion challenge but also spoke of the need to run the club properly and sort out the finances. He mentioned his intention to be in the background because that's the way it should be. He spoke quietly but very confidently and received a sustained round of applause from all present. That was that apart from Keith morgan (since62) asking Alan Whitely whether he knew how much of the £2m pounds of new shares on offer to existing shareholders had been taken up. Whitely said around £130,000 but there had been pledges to buy around £500,000 (?) which fell by the wayside when we lost to Blackpool.

At this point, a shareholder called ? Letterman rose to his feet calling the meeting to acknowledge the tremendous job Ridders had done during his time at the club. A round of applause followed which me and Annis didn't join in with (this was not difficult). End of meeting.

You may wonder why questions about the tax bill, Ridders pay-off, WH Sports etc etc were not asked. My answer would be threefold. First, no questions were invited except about the share capital. Second, there was no attempt by Ridsdale to blow his own trumpet at all and to depart in a blaze of glory. I respect him for that at least. If he had tried to do so, I know myself, Annis and others would have counterbalanced him. Thirdly, following TG's upbeat and very dignified speech, I personally felt (I'm sure Annis did too) that it would have been disrespectful and embarrassing to him to muck rake with Ridders. It's a new era, let's all move on. It's early to make jusgements but personally my heart warmed to TG and I think we have found a very worthy new leader. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MORE ON THE EGM viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14802 :ayatollah:

Re: REPORT FROM THE EGM

Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Just back from the EGM and agreed with Annis to post a quick report up on here. TLG (boo, hiss) may write a more detailed account in his blog in due course.

Attendance was much lower than the last EGM, maybe (60?) shareholders in total. Present on the podium were Steve Borley, Ridders, TG and Alan Whitely. Mike Hall and Paul Guy were interested spectators.

The meeting was done and dusted in 15 minutes. It concentrated solely on the business in hand, namely 3 resolutions to be voted on which authorised the directors to increase the share capital of the club. Not gonna go into the technical details but in essence, the shareholders who currently own slices of the Cardiff City cake were being asked to vote on making the cake bigger so that the Malysians can have a (big) slice and existing shareholders can enlarge their slices. Ridders asked for any questions relating to the resolutions before putting each them to the vote. There were no questions at all and when each resolution was put to the vote, they were accepted overwhelmingly (and unanimously, I think) by a show of hands. Ridders then formally closed the meeting but asked TG to say a few words.

TG spoke of feeling honoured and privileged to becomed involved at CCFC, of the warm welcome he had received in Wales and spoke of 2 nations (Wales and Malaysia) now being behind Cardiff City. The thrust of his message was hey, Saturday was fun but for the sake of his health and ours, let's do it the easier way next season by finishing in the top 2. He sounded very confident of mounting another promotion challenge but also spoke of the need to run the club properly and sort out the finances. He mentioned his intention to be in the background because that's the way it should be. He spoke quietly but very confidently and received a sustained round of applause from all present. That was that apart from Keith morgan (since62) asking Alan Whitely whether he knew how much of the £2m pounds of new shares on offer to existing shareholders had been taken up. Whitely said around £130,000 but there had been pledges to buy around £500,000 (?) which fell by the wayside when we lost to Blackpool.

At this point, a shareholder called ? Letterman rose to his vote calling the meeting to acknowledge the tremendous job Ridders had done during his time at the club. A round of applause followed which me and Annis didn't join in with (this was not difficult). End of meeting.

You may wonder why questions about the tax bill, Ridders pay-off, WH Sports etc etc were not asked. My answer would be threefold. First, no questions were invited except about the share capital. Second, there was no attempt by Ridsdale to blow his own trumpet at all and to depart in a blaze of glory. I respect him for that at least. If he had tried to do so, I know myself, Annis and others would have counterbalanced him. Thirdly, following TG's upbeat and very dignified speech, I personally felt (I'm sure Annis did too) that it would have been disrespectful and embarrassing to him to muck rake with Ridders. It's a new era, let's all move on. It's early to make jusgements but personally my heart warmed to TG and I think we have found a very worthy new leader. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Mike.

Onwards and Upwards.

TG comes accross very well, open honest and dignified. I think this is just the START.

Already many changes in staff and hopefully a bright future without the heartache of the off-field sh1te of the last 6 months or so.

By the way, does Borley EVER smile !

Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Mike. It's all sounding very positive!

The quotes from Tg especially on both the official site and in some articles definitely sound optimistic.

I agree with you about the new era too, we're embarking upon very exciting times. Ridsdale's gone finally, and to be honest I'd rather not hear of him again!

Thu May 27, 2010 11:23 am

who is Letterman?

you con 10,000 people and take the club to the brink of liquidatuion and get a round of applause...unbelievable

Thu May 27, 2010 11:44 am

byron moreno wrote:who is Letterman?

you con 10,000 people and take the club to the brink of liquidatuion and get a round of applause...unbelievable

No idea mate. By the way "he rose to his feet"-not "rose to his vote." :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 2:58 pm

:lol:

Cheers Mike :ayatollah:

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 pm

well said, TG seems a very respectful, clever and well spoken man, when he made comments about wanting automatic promotion he seemed to mean every word. :D

i didnt clap when that bloke stood up to applaud riddler either my arms were firmly folded :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Good summary mate, only just spotted this as I don't normally read the messages at the top of the board - they're usually only there to sell books :D

Was a pleasure to see in the official end to the Riddler. :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

jeff i got a book for sale :D do you want it

Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:jeff i got a book for sale :D do you want it

No thanks mate, your books are for a "niche" market only :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:jeff i got a book for sale :D do you want it

No thanks mate, your books are for a "niche" market only :lol:
:lol: :lol: yes i agree with you :old:

Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Just back from the EGM and agreed with Annis to post a quick report up on here. TLG (boo, hiss) may write a more detailed account in his blog in due course.

At this point, a shareholder called ? Letterman rose to his feet calling the meeting to acknowledge the tremendous job Ridders had done during his time at the club. A round of applause followed which me and Annis didn't join in with (this was not difficult). End of meeting.

Why try and ridicule TLG is it because it is able to string sentences together and spell properly unlike the most on this board

Sat May 29, 2010 12:33 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:Why try and ridicule TLG is it because it is able to string sentences together and spell properly unlike the most on this board

You mean the "boo, hiss" bit? You couldn't be more wrong. :lol: Actually, that was more of a friendly jibe directed at some of the people on here who treat him like a pantomime villain. As it happens, TLG is a mate of mine. I sit next to him at home games and I've even seen his tarantulas. :D

Sat May 29, 2010 10:45 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: