Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taken from football rummors.com

Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 am

You got to laugh!!

1st of all to clear up i have a great source with in Cardiff City Football Club and he has assured me that Joe Ledley has no idea where he will end up next season. He is not in talks with any club at the moment as he is on holiday. Dave jones sat down and talked with the Chairman elect and has decided to stay due to the deal in which Vincent Tan will bankroll a summer spending spree and clear all debt with an agreement on which Dave Jones must reach promotion or he will be sacked. TG will do everything in his power to offer joe ledley everything he wants with a clause in which if a 7 mill bid from a premiership club comes in the bid will be accepted. 7 mill is a strange price considering he's been out for most of last season but the malaysians believe if play off form has recovered his price tag of 6 mill. Now onto Jay Bothroyd who has personally come out the public and said he will give it 1 more season and see out the reminder of his contract as he owes it to dave jones who has been the only manager to get the best out of him. Micheal Chopra is a major priority for the malaysians as he is a superstar in asia and althour he has high wages they believe that his publicity in an asian market would cover most if not all of his wages throught out the year. it is believed that either McCormack or whitts will leave but not both and defenetly not to another championship team. Chris Burke Could have left but his lack of form in the Play offs have really hit his prospects of joining a Premiership club but i do believe he was unfit. Now players coming in Gabbidon from West Ham is very interested and is on DJ list but he needs to prove fitness. Henri Camera has been contacted but demanded way to high wages. Jason Roberts is also on DJ list and has been made available to go on loan to Cardiff after coming so close to signing on loan in January before the transfer embargo. Nick Montgomery is being touted as the 1st signing with in days. Steve howard won't be joining leicester are not willing to sell him as are to go for another promotion push. Rob Hulse is also a name being mentioned around Cardiff at the moment. Jason Koumas has been made available by wigan and is also on DJ list may have to high wages though. Adam Drury and Adam Lallana have been contacted but Lallana is waiting out on a premiership move. Drury is said to be considering moving but is very happy at norwich and wouldn't be happy to move unless it was more money which may put off Cardiff. Finally there is going to be a New Malaysian will be joining the Consortium said to be more efficient and willing to pump mega bucks into Cardiff only if there is a full take over which is looking more likely by the day although Paul Guy Will continue to be a board member eventually seeking the role of chairman after a year or so and the Malaysians will become silent backers.

Re: Taken from football rummors.com

Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 am

Interesting post , so was Roberts really lined up for the Jan window then ? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 9:57 am

wow, i would be happy if only a fraction of that come true, keep ledley and chops and whits, and strengthen our midfield and defence and i will be a very happy man, i hope these malasians and just not all talk and back up their words with hard cash. Roll on next year!

Thu May 27, 2010 9:59 am

Im not convinced about the extra money injection tho coz the Malaysians have said they want to run a tight ship at the moment and not to expect too much ! :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Im not convinced about the extra money injection tho coz the Malaysians have said they want to run a tight ship at the moment and not to expect too much ! :ayatollah:

Martyn you are of course absolutely correct because that's what's been said by TG.

However, the Malaysians might be working under a cloak. When we previously threw the cash about under Sam Hammam/Peter Risdale, we were subjected to Cardiff Added Tax because the selling clubs (or out of contract players) knew we would pay it.

May be the Malaysians are smarter when it comes to spending cash and might not want to advertise to the rest of the football world their intentions and get the best possible deals?

Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 am

rymo wrote:You got to laugh!!

1st of all to clear up i have a great source with in Cardiff City Football Club and he has assured me that Joe Ledley has no idea where he will end up next season. He is not in talks with any club at the moment as he is on holiday. Dave jones sat down and talked with the Chairman elect and has decided to stay due to the deal in which Vincent Tan will bankroll a summer spending spree and clear all debt with an agreement on which Dave Jones must reach promotion or he will be sacked. TG will do everything in his power to offer joe ledley everything he wants with a clause in which if a 7 mill bid from a premiership club comes in the bid will be accepted. 7 mill is a strange price considering he's been out for most of last season but the malaysians believe if play off form has recovered his price tag of 6 mill. Now onto Jay Bothroyd who has personally come out the public and said he will give it 1 more season and see out the reminder of his contract as he owes it to dave jones who has been the only manager to get the best out of him. Micheal Chopra is a major priority for the malaysians as he is a superstar in asia and althour he has high wages they believe that his publicity in an asian market would cover most if not all of his wages throught out the year. it is believed that either McCormack or whitts will leave but not both and defenetly not to another championship team. Chris Burke Could have left but his lack of form in the Play offs have really hit his prospects of joining a Premiership club but i do believe he was unfit. Now players coming in Gabbidon from West Ham is very interested and is on DJ list but he needs to prove fitness. Henri Camera has been contacted but demanded way to high wages. Jason Roberts is also on DJ list and has been made available to go on loan to Cardiff after coming so close to signing on loan in January before the transfer embargo. Nick Montgomery is being touted as the 1st signing with in days. Steve howard won't be joining leicester are not willing to sell him as are to go for another promotion push. Rob Hulse is also a name being mentioned around Cardiff at the moment. Jason Koumas has been made available by wigan and is also on DJ list may have to high wages though. Adam Drury and Adam Lallana have been contacted but Lallana is waiting out on a premiership move. Drury is said to be considering moving but is very happy at norwich and wouldn't be happy to move unless it was more money which may put off Cardiff. Finally there is going to be a New Malaysian will be joining the Consortium said to be more efficient and willing to pump mega bucks into Cardiff only if there is a full take over which is looking more likely by the day although Paul Guy Will continue to be a board member eventually seeking the role of chairman after a year or so and the Malaysians will become silent backers.

Great post BTW I enjoyed it very much and a lot of it makes sense.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:16 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Im not convinced about the extra money injection tho coz the Malaysians have said they want to run a tight ship at the moment and not to expect too much ! :ayatollah:

Indeed Martyn but what does not add up to me is that for this investment to work for the Malaysians they need us in the premier. Alot of people said they woul dwalk away from us if we did not go up. Well these sort of guys are made of alot more sterner stuff than what peopl egive them credit for.

I personally think they know they will have to splash the cash to get us up but they are businessmen and they know how far to go. I would say any deal they make will be sufficent to win the day as no one else will be able to match it for this league. Unlike Sam who just splashed the cash these guys will be more prudent. Its why they are billionaires.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Indeed Martyn but what does not add up to me is that for this investment to work for the Malaysians they need us in the premier. Alot of people said they woul dwalk away from us if we did not go up. Well these sort of guys are made of alot more sterner stuff than what peopl egive them credit for.

I personally think they know they will have to splash the cash to get us up but they are businessmen and they know how far to go. I would say any deal they make will be sufficent to win the day as no one else will be able to match it for this league. Unlike Sam who just splashed the cash these guys will be more prudent. Its why they are billionaires.

I think they will splash the cash, but it will be calculated. The idea of marketing Chopra in the far east is a masterstroke and an example of their thinking IMO.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

:o

Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I think they will splash the cash, but it will be calculated. The idea of marketing Chopra in the far east is a masterstroke and an example of their thinking IMO.

We have to remember the above is from footballrumours.com though, where on average about 0% of rumours actually come true!

Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 am

" I think they will splash the cash, but it will be calculated. The idea of marketing Chopra in the far east is a masterstroke and an example of their thinking IMO. "

this might get The Automatic a number 1 single in Malayasia ???? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 am

Yup, barely anything on football rumours is right.

But the idea of the Malaysians thinking Chopra could be massive in Asia is absolutely superb.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:54 am

I agree that the new Board are likely to be a lot more shrewd in transfer dealings, but that's not really going to be too hard, is it? They've also done their homework and will know that the coming year is probably going to be the best chance of getting to the Premiership without having to break the bank as none of the teams coming down are that strong, and both Hull and Portsmouth need the parachute payments just to try to survive. So the the playing field is about as even as it's ever going to get. With the new parachute proposals (have they been approved yet?) it will only get harder. So I agree that they will splash the cash, but in a far more controlled way.

Roll on the good times!

:old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: