Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BORLEY and TG PULLING OUT ALL GUNS

Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 am

To Try and Persuade Joe Ledley to Stay. He is Also still willing to talk to them, now that PR is gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: BORLEY and TG PULLING OUT ALL GUNS

Thu May 27, 2010 7:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:To Try and Persuade Joe Ledley to Stay. He is Also still willing to talk to them, now that PR is gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great news...

Annis sorry we never got to meet up on Saturday.. I was right out side the stadium...couldn't face going on a tube just to get groped by Baz! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am

give him the captain's armband for next season too if he IS staying ?? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 am

This is great news, lets hope they succeed.

Thu May 27, 2010 7:40 am

great news ...you can see that they want to good team to get us up this year as its there investment,and they seem happy to spend some money....things look promising with them,seems as though they know how to run a business...unlike risdale!!!!

Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 am

Great news! Can't wait for Ridsdale to go today and for the club to move forward :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 am

Anything after Ridsdale going is a bonus, but Ledley staying as Captain would be a huge bonus.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:11 am

Is he that good? They'd be better off pulling out all the guns getting in quality players needed.
Joe should move on as far i'm concerned.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 am

get rid not good enough end of :D

Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am

yer let him go! just a average joe :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 am

bondog wrote:Is he that good? They'd be better off pulling out all the guns getting in quality players needed.
Joe should move on as far i'm concerned.

Of course there is good evidence that Joe is not always up on his game, but he has been excellent since his return from surgery. I would love to see an injury free, contract sorted Joe Ledley lead our charge again next season.

He is now 23 going on 24 and a very experienced Championship player, it just seems a waste to let another average club like Wigan or Rangers benefit from that.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 am

We should aim at keeping Ledley. His performances since returning from the ops have been good and a mark improvement on his performances before the ops. Obviously needed the ops. I always recall a picture of him in agony when he had all the time to clear a ball from the 18 yrad line and totally fluffed it. The expression on his face indicated he was in agony but none of us were aware of his hip problems so slagged him off. We need to be fair on the guy and consider all the facts.

We should keep him but I am hoping we will bring in better quality regarding the captains band.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 am

I'm not just saying this because I want him to stay but I think he's still young and another season in the Championship wouldn't harm is credentials. Would it be worth the gamble as well to try and push Cardiff into the Premiership?

Imagine how he'd feel if he left this year, was a back up player at West Ham and we got promoted. Watching Cardiff play in the Premiership from the bench of another team would be horrible. Emotional blackmail is the key lads! :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:To Try and Persuade Joe Ledley to Stay. He is Also still willing to talk to them, now that PR is gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great news...

Annis sorry we never got to meet up on Saturday.. I was right out side the stadium...couldn't face going on a tube just to get groped by Baz! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

lets hope they have big guns

Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm

I was one of the people to boast of the stats on match wins when Ledley is captain. But I still think we need to bring in a Strong Central midfielder, who will be physical, read the game, fairly quick and IS A LEADER!

As much as I try to persuade myself that Ledley should be captain because of the great results under him, I still feel that all important special leader on the field is missing! There has to be a huge vocal presence on the pitch and unfortunately Ledley is not it, although I am praying Ledders stays with us. Next season could be a big one for him and hopefully for us. :ayatollah: